Jump to content

Axl Rose:Guns N Roses Frontman


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This was just what it was expected to be - no more, no less. 

The reenactments were worse than the ones in the "Breaking the Band" episode.

Doug Goldstein changed his version for the second time about whether he was in Barcelona (when allegedly the name was signed over to Axl). He can't do that and then expect to be considered credible. 

 

I feel the same way, pretty much what I expected. A few cool little tidbits, like Vicki Hamilton giving a tour of the tiny apartment they all shared. I didn't know anything about the woman from Lafayette who accompanied Axl to LA. She mentioned that they had flown out, which somewhat surprised me. But didn't Axl have fits and starts going to LA? He would go to LA for awhile then head back home. The part about the two of them going to a pizza place and Axl playing the piano for a few free slices was cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I feel the same way, pretty much what I expected. A few cool little tidbits, like Vicki Hamilton giving a tour of the tiny apartment they all shared. I didn't know anything about the woman from Lafayette who accompanied Axl to LA. She mentioned that they had flown out, which somewhat surprised me. But didn't Axl have fits and starts going to LA? He would go to LA for awhile then head back home. The part about the two of them going to a pizza place and Axl playing the piano for a few free slices was cool.

Yes, Axl went back and forth to L.A. and he also went to other cities. Maybe she went there with him at a later time.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Doug Goldstein changed his version for the second time about whether he was in Barcelona (when allegedly the name was signed over to Axl). He can't do that and then expect to be considered credible. 

 

It’s a bit off topic but I was reading some interviews relating to the Adler lawsuit recently and it was claimed there, and given Adler won, presumably true, that Goldstein presented him with a stack of papers to sign and told him that it said one thing when it said something different.

So it seems he had form in regards to pulling bullshit tricks with contracts on people who were paying him to supposedly look after their interests.

Edited by Euchre
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Euchre said:

It’s a bit off topic but I was reading some interviews relating to the Adler lawsuit recently and it was claimed there, and given Adler won, presumably true, that Goldstein presented him with a stack of papers to sign and told him that it said one thing when it said something different.

So it seems he had form in regards to pulling bullshit tricks with contracts on people who were paying him to supposedly look after their interests.

Yeah, but there Steven seems to conflate the time he was put on probation with the time he was fired (after the probation period had ended), and some of the things he said about what it meant (e.g. that he lost his publishing rights) were not true. Also the band's lawyers (whom he also sued) must have been present when he signed the probation contract, but apparently he should have been represented by his own lawyer, which seems to have been one of the main reasons he won the lawsuit.. 

Edited by Blackstar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s pretty bad. Terrible view point on the Chinese Democracy years. Despite GN’R not being as popular they did eventually tour the shit out of that album and Axl had moments where he was on fire. I’d also argue those tours helped him get to a place where he’s comfortable doing what he’s doing now. A lot of the current tour personnel are from the 2009-2014 years.

Was Axl nearly broke? If so when. I find that hard to believe.

Edited by reayj2003
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished watching. Not cool really.. I Think they gave 90% negative look on Axl, repeating "he destroyts everything" over and over... I mean cmon... He is the only responsable over everything? 
What happened between 2001 and 2015, Buckethead and nothing else? Reunion over money? reunion under slash n duff saying "yeah okey we´ll do u this favor but dont be late"... 
Goldstein, i literally dont believe a word that guy said. 
really terrible... dont Liked it at all 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

It’s pretty bad. Terrible view point on the Chinese Democracy years. Despite GN’R not being as popular they did eventually tour the shit out of that album and Axl had moments where he was on fire. I’d also argue those tours helped him get to a place where he’s comfortable doing what he’s doing now. A lot of the current tour personnel are from the 2009-2014 years.

Was Axl nearly broke? If so when. I find that hard to believe.

Yeah, the "nearly broke" comment was interesting. Who was it that said it? I can't recall. But it could be true, who knows really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Mick Wall said that about Axl being nearly broke before the reunion. I would guess it wasn't based on any other information than Pitman's lawsuit.

One thing I have to say about Mick Wall is that he's engaging. He makes things sound interesting and is a good storyteller. Whether those stories are true is another matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally finished the full thing, and I have one question:

Why is Goldstein claiming that it was him who found Axl a bandana at the Ritz show and got the police escort for him for the 1989 stones gig, when in last year’s documentary (also made by Reelz) it was Niven who have claimed to have done those things? Which one of them is lying?

Aside from that, the rest of this doc was cute, as long as you don’t take it too seriously lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The stage re-enactments are super cringe. Did they use a cover band or something?

It would've been better if they used a tribute band, would've looked better.

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Finally finished the full thing, and I have one question:

Why is Goldstein claiming that it was him who found Axl a bandana at the Ritz show and got the police escort for him for the 1989 stones gig, when in last year’s documentary (also made by Reelz) it was Niven who have claimed to have done those things? Which one of them is lying?

Aside from that, the rest of this doc was cute, as long as you don’t take it too seriously lol.

I believe Niven when he said he's the one who did both of those things. Goldstein has a long history of being shady and lying.

2 hours ago, Manfisman said:

Lots of lies and half-truths, but nobody really watches this so no problem I guess

100%

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2021 at 3:24 AM, rocknroll41 said:

The guy playing him in the live action reenactment of his arrest doesn’t even look like him.

 

My friend sent me the application form that went out to find 3 actors for this programme, lol. (I have a passing resemblance, red hair etc.) They wanted 3 guys to play young / wilderness / current Axl. Not many speaking parts I think. Glad I didn't go for it ha.

Edited by Nice Boy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Finally finished the full thing, and I have one question:

Why is Goldstein claiming that it was him who found Axl a bandana at the Ritz show and got the police escort for him for the 1989 stones gig, when in last year’s documentary (also made by Reelz) it was Niven who have claimed to have done those things? Which one of them is lying?

Aside from that, the rest of this doc was cute, as long as you don’t take it too seriously lol.

Yeah, the bandana incident. But I have to say whoever got the bandana, it kicks ass. That long tail reminds me of a kite, like if Axl could get a good run he could fly off the stage.😄

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Yeah, the bandana incident. But I have to say whoever got the bandana, it kicks ass. That long tail reminds me of a kite, like if Axl could get a good run he could fly off the stage.😄

Adler disagrees though. :lol:The description of the incident in his book is hilarious, very Adler-like. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m surprised they were allowed to use real footage & especially the Vegas 2001 stuff. Surely the band didn’t sign off on that?

At that point of the documentary someone says Axl was struggling to sell out the House of Blues..that show sold out in minutes then they headlined Rock in Rio to what I believe is the biggest crowd any line up had played to. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...