Axl Rose:Guns N Roses Frontman

I actually really enjoyed it. Way better than I expected.

I would love a high quality, career spanning GNR documentary, maybe even more than a new album with the current line-up.

The ultimate for me though would be a documentary focusing on 1994-2008 Axl. That would be fascinating, sprinkled with tons of unheard demo recordings throughout!

• Like 4

On 01/02/2021 at 8:12 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Honestly the only people there who have any kind of credibility are Vicky Hamilton, Tom zutaut, and Monica Gregory. Mick wall wasn't there for any of that stuff and Doug is a known liar.

I think he was. Like he says in the film, Axl called him round his apartment in the middle of the night and they spoke for 5 hours. Wall conducted quite a few interviews in similar fashion with Axl around 89/90. He wrote The Most Dangerous Band in the World basically off the back of them. 

6 minutes ago, MCollins said:

I think he was. Like he says in the film, Axl called him round his apartment in the middle of the night and they spoke for 5 hours. Wall conducted quite a few interviews in similar fashion with Axl around 89/90. He wrote The Most Dangerous Band in the World basically off the back of them. 

I mean that Wall wasn't around for any of the events that are talked about, he just did some interviews.

4 minutes ago, Yowza! said:

Hi folks,

I'd like to give this a watch, can anyone point me in the right direction, please? 

I googled it and it said it was on Sling.com but you have to be in the US.. so tried a VPN but couldn't create an account.

Any ideas?

Cheers! 

It's on Reelz right now.

Edit: I see you're outside the U.S. so you probably can't get Reelz. I don't know if they have some sort of streaming app.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

Well bro, you ain't missing much. I'm sure you'll catch it eventually. 

Nice one, I'd read the previous pages about how naff it is and it kind of made me want to watch it more. ;)

Found one called 'The Band That Time Forgot' so that'll have to do for now! Thanks again.

• Like 1

When I heard how close Axl's was to Stephanie's son Dylan I felt so bad that he never had a chance to have kids of his own. I'm sure his kids would have been super talented too.

And it's true about bi polar meds, they do sometimes make you feel like you can't create like you usually would. But today's meds for that just make you feel normal most of the time. I hope Axl found his right meds and is way better today.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

When I heard how close Axl's was to Stephanie's son Dylan I felt so bad that he never had a chance to have kids of his own. I'm sure his kids would have been super talented too.

And it's true about bi polar meds, they do sometimes make you feel like you can't create like you usually would. But today's meds for that just make you feel normal most of the time. I hope Axl found his right meds and is way better today.

He could still find himself a young trophy wife, a late birthday present for himself.

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2021 at 12:33 AM, Yowza! said:

Thanks, I'm in the UK so struggling a bit.. I can see the page on the Reelz website but no cigar.

hey am in the uk and watched it someone on fb posted it cant rember the name i can find it for u if u want

• GNFNR 1

On 2/4/2021 at 1:16 AM, lame ass security said:

Another thing from the show I thought was funny. Vicky Hamilton said that Axl would sit in her apartment watching TV and that he particularly liked watching Faces Of Death. I was totally not surprised by this.😄

Wasn't that in that book, too? "Welcome to the jungle" from like... 2008?? Maybe. I think it was, because I've read about it before. Or maybe I read it somewhere else back in my teens (when I was obsessed with Guns N' Roses eh). Needless to say that book's shit too. Nothing produced about Guns has ever been good. I remember errors already on the first page about Axl's or Slash' birth date. 

1 hour ago, john lennon said:

Wasn't that in that book, too? "Welcome to the jungle" from like... 2008?? Maybe. I think it was, because I've read about it before. Or maybe I read it somewhere else back in my teens (when I was obsessed with Guns N' Roses eh).

Vicky Hamilton mentions it in her biography, too.

2 hours ago, john lennon said:

Wasn't that in that book, too? "Welcome to the jungle" from like... 2008?? Maybe. I think it was, because I've read about it before. Or maybe I read it somewhere else back in my teens (when I was obsessed with Guns N' Roses eh). Needless to say that book's shit too. Nothing produced about Guns has ever been good. I remember errors already on the first page about Axl's or Slash' birth date. 

I seem to recall it was Robert John who told the story in the book (Watch You Bleed, 2008), but I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, john lennon said:

That could be. I watched some of those Faces Of Death vids, from what I remember a lot of it looked staged. Pretty cheesy really. I remember one where this dumbass skydiver parachuted into an alligator farm.😄 I think they did have some actual legitimate material but it's been so long I can't remember specifically. 

On 2/2/2021 at 3:48 PM, jackparker123 said:

I actually really enjoyed it. Way better than I expected.

I would love a high quality, career spanning GNR documentary, maybe even more than a new album with the current line-up.

The ultimate for me though would be a documentary focusing on 1994-2008 Axl. That would be fascinating, sprinkled with tons of unheard demo recordings throughout!

Documentary over new album??? What the hell are people smoking? 

I'd love to see a Chinese Democracy era documentary though, but from most accounts there wasn't any real effort to film the making of so outside of Axl and the the other band members sitting down talking through the process I don't think it would be worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Documentary over new album??? What the hell are people smoking? 

I'd love to see a Chinese Democracy era documentary though, but from most accounts there wasn't any real effort to film the making of so outside of Axl and the the other band members sitting down talking through the process I don't think it would be worthwhile.

If I could choose between a beautiful Martin Scorsese calibre 2-3 hour GNR documentary before Christmas or wait another 12+ years for Axl to possibly be ready to release a new album I'd take the documentary any day of the week.

Edited by jackparker123

4 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

If I could choose between a beautiful Martin Scorsese calibre 2-3 hour GNR documentary before Christmas or wait another 12+ years for Axl to possibly be ready to release a new album I'd take the documentary any day of the week.

What on earth makes you think they can release a movie if they can't release an album😅 if anything there's even more red tape with movies and Axl loves red tape😄

12yrs for a movie or 12yrs for an album. Album and then 12yrs later once the bands retired a 3hr doc!

Edited by Tom2112