Will you get the vaccine to attend a concert?

I’ll only go see GnR live again (and get vaccinated for it, of course) if there’s a guarantee of new music, which there won’t be, so it doesn’t matter.

that being said, there are plenty of other bands that I do still want to see live once covid is over, and I will definitely get vaccinated to go see them, the top of my list being the Red Hot Chili Peppers, now that John Frusciante is back in the band.

• Like 1

I'm not in a rush to get it. I may get it at some point but by the time I can get it being 34 in California, we'll see how bad things are at that point anyway.

The way things are now, it doesn't look like I'd be able to get it until way late in the year, if even. I don't plan on seeing any shows again this year. If I'm pleasantly surprised and we get some smaller shows in the fall or something, that'd be cool but I'm not counting on it.

I hate needles, but I will be getting the vaccine. This is for my and my family's health and not GNR nor any other bands. I also want  to see close friends again.  For those that don't want the vaccine, here is something that may change your mind. I found out yesterday  that an acquaintance of mine (haven't seen her since 2010) is battling for her life due to Covid. She's 42 and now on a ventilator. Apparently she's a nanny as a part time job. The family that she babysat for traveled to Florida during Christmas. They tested positive for Covid when they came back.  The time for them to  get the results was  too late. My acquaintance  already got it from them. 

• Sad 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’ll only go see GnR live again (and get vaccinated for it, of course) if there’s a guarantee of new music, which there won’t be, so it doesn’t matter.

that being said, there are plenty of other bands that I do still want to see live once covid is over, and I will definitely get vaccinated to go see them, the top of my list being the Red Hot Chili Peppers, now that John Frusciante is back in the band.

I can’t wait for a RHCP tour with Frusciante, and there will be new music too. I agree it would be a much better tour than GNR.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I can’t wait for a RHCP tour with Frusciante, and there will be new music too. I agree it would be a much better tour than GNR.

I'm not really looking forward to Anthony Kiedis' out of tune singing and forgetting the words to literally every song.

48 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I hate needles, but I will be getting the vaccine. This is for my and my family's health and not GNR nor any other bands. I also want  to see close friends again.  For those that don't want the vaccine, here is something that may change your mind. I found out yesterday  that an acquaintance of mine (haven't seen her since 2010) is battling for her life due to Covid. She's 42 and now on a ventilator. Apparently she's a nanny as a part time job. The family that she babysat for traveled to Florida during Christmas. They tested positive for Covid when they came back.  The time for them to  get the results was  too late. My acquaintance  already got it from them. 

Yeah needles suck, but the vaccine isn’t bad. I got mine the other day, little sore the next day is the only thing I experienced. When I received the shot I put my hands in the air making peace signs and then acted like I was holding a microphone and said “ round 1” lol

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Apparently the vaccine makes your arm hurt bad when you get it. Is it really that bad?

No, it didn’t hurt at all when I got it. I got it at 1pm. Late that evening and most of the next day it was sore where they stuck the needle. Not terrible, but enough that you probably don’t want to do any pushups. Woke up yesterday morning and it’s been fine since then. 
Don’t let the fear that some are putting out there about the pain be a reason you don’t get it. I know some people have legit reasons, but arm pain shouldn’t be one of them. At least not from my experience. Good luck! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

I know it makes you feel sick the day aftee

Just for one day?

49 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Even if I did get the vaccine, I wouldn't buy tickets to GNR :lol:

My title thread is worded incorrectly. I wasn’t asking if anybody here will get vaccine just to see GNR. I mean for those who are against or anxious about a vaccine, would attending a concert be enough to sway you to get one is what I intended to ask. 

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

Apparently the vaccine makes your arm hurt bad when you get it. Is it really that bad?

Little bit of arm soreness but nothing too unbearable. You can have some Tylenol or something if needed.

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

I know it makes you feel sick the day aftee

Depends on the person, I wasn't sick at all.

43 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

My title thread is worded incorrectly. I wasn’t asking if anybody here will get vaccine just to see GNR. I mean for those who are against or anxious about a vaccine, would attending a concert be enough to sway you to get one is what I intended to ask. 

Would there still be social distancing at shows? Lower limits on capacity? Masks required? Or is it a case of "get the vaccine and attend concerts as you normally would have 2 years ago"?

Being able to go to a concert wouldn't really sway me either way, I'll probably get the vaccine at some point but I'm in no rush.