Will you get the vaccine to attend a concert?

4 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Yeah needles suck, but the vaccine isn’t bad. I got mine the other day, little sore the next day is the only thing I experienced. When I received the shot I put my hands in the air making peace signs and then acted like I was holding a microphone and said “ round 1” lol

Yeah. I've had 19 surgeries in my lifetime.  All except one occurred during my childhood. I developed the fear of needles as a result of how many times I got jabbed. With that being said, I'm definitely getting the vaccine since there is no choice in the matter. It's either the vaccine or getting Covid. I would rather get the vaccine knowing that I took steps to minimize the effects of Covid. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 2

I will get the vaccine to get the number of covid cases down there.  But I won't be attending any big public events until those numbers go down and have been down a for a significant period of time.  I don't feel being vaccinated or having those around me vaccinated provides enough protection while cases of covid are still high.

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

I'm not really looking forward to Anthony Kiedis' out of tune singing and forgetting the words to literally every song.

RHCP actually did a surprise show with Frusciante back in early 2020 (before covid engulfed the world) and Anthony was MUCH better than he had been in years at that gig. I think Frusciante coming back has motivated him to step up his game a bit.

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

RHCP actually did a surprise show with Frusciante back in early 2020 (before covid engulfed the world) and Anthony was MUCH better than he had been in years at that gig. I think Frusciante coming back has motivated him to step up his game a bit.

Anthony has one of the most unique voices in music and unlike other frontmen his voice has held up remarkably. Frusciante is arguably a top 5 guitarist globally. And Anthony looks incredible for a guy almost 60.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Isn’t it great when a former band mate returning motivates you to give a shit. <_< 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’ll only go see GnR live again (and get vaccinated for it, of course) if there’s a guarantee of new music, which there won’t be, so it doesn’t matter.

that being said, there are plenty of other bands that I do still want to see live once covid is over, and I will definitely get vaccinated to go see them, the top of my list being the Red Hot Chili Peppers, now that John Frusciante is back in the band.

Hopefully they are more exciting now that he's back, saw them 2yrs ago and they were terrible and seemed so bored and miserable. When 2 sold out nights in a row in a big arena doesn't do it for you anymore, it's time to cash in and leave the table. 

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Anthony has one of the most unique voices in music and unlike other frontmen his voice has held up remarkably. Frusciante is arguably a top 5 guitarist globally. And Anthony looks incredible for a guy almost 60.

No, he is almost always flat live. He can still do that verse of around the world type vocal easy but his actual 'singing' parts can be dreadful. Not to poo poo RHCP for the tans here, it's just an honest review after seeing them over the years in person and tv.

Zero energy too. At least he is still recognisable vocally though, so he has that on Axl... although his vocals are a walk in the park to reproduce in comparison to Axl.

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

No, he is almost always flat live. He can still do that verse of around the world type vocal easy but his actual 'singing' parts can be dreadful. Not to poo poo RHCP for the tans here, it's just an honest review after seeing them over the years in person and tv.

Zero energy too. At least he is still recognisable vocally though, so he has that on Axl... although his vocals are a walk in the park to reproduce in comparison to Axl.

What do you mean by zero energy? His performance is highly energetic. 

13 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

To be fair, you can't say much about those few songs they played. I love the Chili Peppers, but obviously Anthony has never been a great singer, and he's never been great at remembering lyrics, but the last few tours it has been quite embarrassing, he even messed up lyrics of songs he has performed millions of times already. I'm not saying it's because he doesn't care, though, I think he's having some memory issues. Maybe all the drugs he has done in his life have done a number on his memory or something.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

No fucking way. First of all this is not a “vaccine” Vaccines keep you from contracting a virus altogether. This is symptom mitigation shot. Meaning you can still %100 contract covid. You just may not develop the symptoms of the virus. This “vaccine” was rushed to market and has zero long term studies. 1988 Guns n Roses would have to come through a time machine for me to even consider getting the “vaccine” to see a concert. And even then I would probably not do it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To be completely honest, the vaccine is actually only "investigative" at this point, as per website straight from manufactures.  Hasn't been tested on pregnant women yet either.  

Im not saying if you take it, you will drop dead.  What I am saying is that I feel it has been rushed, and the survival rate for this shit so far is like 99%.

I just dont see the justification in being apart of a research project, for something that has such a high survival rate.  

In the end everyone must do what is felt best for them.

As of now, no I will not take it for the sole reason of trying to see the concern, nor would it lure me to, as much as I love Guns.

• Haha 1

First shot was ok. Second had me down for about 24hrs. Not “sick” but a mental fog. 

Also, I’d advise against taking any types of anti-inflammatory drugs before and after the shot. They will suppress your immune response. Let your body go through the process and fight through it on its own. It will be stronger afterwards. 

and no, I’m not a Dr. but my fiancé is and she’s one of the many who have worked on producing these vaccines. 

Stay safe, everyone. And get the shot not for GnR, but for yourself and your loved ones. 

• Like 2

Yea I just do not trust pharmaceutical companies and a vaccine they are rushing to give everyone, probably due to past experiences with medicine I was on that they now say can lead to cancer, the only way I will get a vaccine if it is required to play in my adult hockey league otherwise I am going to pass, concerts are not that big of a deal 

Edited by k12
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Hopefully they are more exciting now that he's back, saw them 2yrs ago and they were terrible and seemed so bored and miserable. When 2 sold out nights in a row in a big arena doesn't do it for you anymore, it's time to cash in and leave the table. 

Yeah I saw them in 2017 and I could barely hear Josh the entire time. No disrespect to the guy. He seems nice and I actually like the records he made with them. But frusciante clearly has better stage presence.

19 minutes ago, k12 said:

Yea I just do not trust pharmaceutical companies and a vaccine they are rushing to give everyone, probably due to past experiences with medicine I was on that they now say can lead to cancer, the only way I will get a vaccine if it is required to play in my adult hockey league otherwise I am going to pass, concerts are not that big of a deal 

That must be one hell of a hockey league you've got going there.

5 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

My  neighbour said that today 

*after 

I got the vaccine and felt totally fine.  arm was slightly sore, but I still went to the gym that day and day after and was fine.

so people get sick.  my friend who is in phenomenal  health and 38 yrs old was in bed the whole day following his shot.  my mom who is 78 was completely fine following following the shot.  so it varies, but all of my coworkers got the shot and were totally fine.  so don't be worried- it beats being in the hospital face down in a bed and possibly lying dying all alone.  just a few fyi for those who don't know, many (not all) covid patients have to lie face down in order to drain the fluid out of the lungs.  it's really uncomfortable. and so is the thought of dying and only being able to say good bye to your loved one via Face Time (assuming you brought your power cord).  trust me arm soreness and or a day I bed is MUCH better than the alternative. 

one other thing- I had covid back in August and was lucky as I had absolutely  no symptoms.  a doctor friend of mine (48 years old and healthy) got covid and ended up having a stroke.....  so, again, vaccine is probably your better bet than the alternatives that affect a small percentage of the population- which doesn't seem all that bad, unless you are part of that percentage.  someone makes up that small percentage and you never know if you will or won't be part of that.  better to be safe.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, k12 said:

I appreciate this. I've played hockey since I was 8 and I'm seriously bummed that it's been just about a year since the last time I was able to play.

13 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

lol. 

4 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I appreciate this. I've played hockey since I was 8 and I'm seriously bummed that it's been just about a year since the last time I was able to play.

we are playing in the Philly area if you are somewhat local.  I just played today. have to wear masks though which basically makes it feel like you are being smothered by a pillow the whole time you are skating.  

Edited by Chester 524

9 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

lol. 

we are playing in the Philly area if you are somewhat local.  I just played today. have to wear masks though which basically makes it feel like you are being smothered by a pillow the whole time you are skating.  

I'm in California...so not too local :lol:

yikes, wearing a mask while skating can't be fun. I did one pickup back in like may or june and we had to get dressed in the parking lot and shit. It was pretty irritating. I miss it though.

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Playing hockey is literally about my only joy in life so I would say it is an almost necessity to get the vaccine for this reason

Edited by k12
  • Like 1