Will you get the vaccine to attend a concert?

28 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Nope. 

What scares me though is this apparent, omnipresent evidence of how easily we let some external factors divide us in two extreme antipoles and completely deprive us of the capability of having civilized discussion, where one doesn’t just spew out their “truths” to the face of the other person but actually listens to him/her and weighs his/her opinion and point of view. 

I mean, what happened to critical thinking? But if you want to think of yourself as being able to think critically, you can’t just stand with your back in front of that which you believe, guarding it against whatever comes at you in the front. You have to use the Occam’s razor and actually be objective – which is a goal that many fail to even realize, let alone accomplish. 

Just because I have doubts about something, that doesn’t mean I automatically belong in some group, where I’m obviously attributed this group’s beliefs, even though I may have nothing to do with them. 

If you believe the vaccine can help you in some way, go for it. But I’ll politely decline, thank you for your concern. I respect your stance and only request the same from you. Sure, that stuff may help. But the best help my body can give me is natural immunity. 
There are dubious aspects about the whole thing (and I’m not even getting into what an opportunistic, shady political mess it is in our country /Cz/), one of which is that the vaccine just hasn’t had enough time for me to just accept it uncritically. I know we’re told more scientists have been on it than what a usual routine would be. But the fact remains that you can still catch it, you can still spread it, and I’m too young to inject myself with something the side effects of which may surface only in years. By all means am I giving credit to all the poor people in the health care. Kudos to them, heroes etc. 

But here’s the thing: just because I don’t wish this thing for myself, that doesn’t mean I claim that Covid doesn’t exist or that it’s just a simple flu. It’s apparently not. Just because I’m capable of critical thinking, that doesn’t mean I’m a nutter believing the Earth is flat. Again, since when have we let others divide us like this? 
Ever heard the phrase “divide and conquer”? Taking all information solely from the “conspiracy” webs is pretty much on the same wrong level as taking all information solely from the official mass media. Don’t forget that these are private companies, owned by oligarchs. No, they don’t want your good. Look at the GameSpot controversy and what ensued. Listen to Carlin's 2005 "they don't give a fuck about you" stand-up. 

If you wanna only think in black-or-white extremes, staggering from one wall to another, putting stickers on people and stuffing everything into boxes, then it’s your business, but don’t laugh at people who are actually able to ponder and see. Otherwise you’re just laughing at yourself and your ignorance. 
I understand that this simplifying shortcut may be tempting for many. The internet (one big garbage can, as a wise man once said) floods us with zillions of bits of “information” every day, and not everyone is able to handle such influx. People get headaches, they’re uncertain and shaky. The best thing in a situation like that is to unplug yourself from the nonsense and just believe your gut. 
But above all, you always have to try as much as you can to be objective. It’s sad that you feel like an outcast when you do so, but if that’s the price you gotta pay, so be it. 

So as for GN’R concert going, if getting injected with god knows what is the only way to see you guys, then sorry, off to Youtube I am. 

Would have said it way better in my native language, but it would get way longer, and this is too much as it is. 

Off the soapbox, thank you for your attention, and have a nice day.

“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.”
John Lennon

You just hit the nail on the head. Without even getting into how extremely misguided the governments attempts to handle this pandemic have been all over the world. 

Your views on people going for black-or-white extremes are spot on in my opinion. I hope more people who are pro measures and pro vaccine will begin to understand that critical thinking does not make you a conspiracy theorist. 

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

What do you mean by zero energy? His performance is highly energetic. 

I guess we have different definitions of energetic. His blood sugar sex magic era stage presence was energetic, now it's lethargic and clearly phoned in.

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

But here’s the thing: just because I don’t wish this thing for myself, that doesn’t mean I claim that Covid doesn’t exist or that it’s just a simple flu. It’s apparently not. Just because I’m capable of critical thinking, that doesn’t mean I’m a nutter believing the Earth is flat. Again, since when have we let others divide us like this? 
Ever heard the phrase “divide and conquer”? Taking all information solely from the “conspiracy” webs is pretty much on the same wrong level as taking all information solely from the official mass media. Don’t forget that these are private companies, owned by oligarchs. No, they don’t want your good. Look at the GameSpot controversy and what ensued. Listen to Carlin's 2005 "they don't give a fuck about you" stand-up. 

I'm all for critical thinking, I'd like to think of myself as a critical thinker. But when you are quite ignorant about a certain subject, and in the case of Covid/vaccines I am quite ignorant, like most people are, because I'm not a scientist or virologist, I have never done any research on any of this, then to me it makes the most sense to listen to those who have studied this for most of their lives and know so much more about all of this than someone who has read a few articles on the internet, or maybe even a few books, and is suddenly an expert, because that is what you often see happening.

It's the same thing with climate change. About 97% of the scientists say we are partly responsible, while 3% and a lot of conspiracy theorists disagree. So as someone who is quite ignorant regarding this issue as well, who am I going to believe? The majority or the 3%? Doesn't mean the majority can't be wrong, but I would say that the chances of those 3% being wrong are much higher. But that's just how I look at it.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I'm all for critical thinking, I'd like to think of myself as a critical thinker. But when you are quite ignorant about a certain subject, and in the case of Covid/vaccines I am quite ignorant, like most people are, because I'm not a scientist or virologist, I have never done any research on any of this, then to me it makes the most sense to listen to those who have studied this for most of their lives and know so much more about all of this than someone who has read a few articles on the internet, or maybe even a few books, and is suddenly an expert, because that is what you often see happening.

It's the same thing with climate change. About 97% of the scientists say we are partly responsible, while 3% and a lot of conspiracy theorists disagree. So as someone who is quite ignorant regarding this issue as well, who am I going to believe? The majority or the 3%? Doesn't mean the majority can't be wrong, but I would say that the chances of those 3% being wrong are much higher. But that's just how I look at it.

I can’t say I disagree, but there’s the with/against us approach again. There’s certain consensus on some aspects of Covid, and then there are dozens and dozens of question marks on which even “the experts” don’t fully agree. 
So I’m not saying choose a side – in fact, I’ve been saying the very opposite the whole time. I just stand aside, watching noncommittally, taking notes, feeling slightly amused. 
As for the vaccine, if I weigh the pros and cons, a substance the future side effects of which are still unknown and which doesn’t prevent one from getting/spreading the very thing it’s supposed to repress (plus huge business being behind all) isn’t something I’d be eager to have injected in my organism. The least I can do is wait it out (I’m kinda lying here, I don’t want it in any case). That's my point of view. 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I can’t say I disagree, but there’s the with/against us approach again. There’s certain consensus on some aspects of Covid, and then there are dozens and dozens of question marks on which even “the experts” don’t fully agree. 
So I’m not saying choose a side – in fact, I’ve been saying the very opposite the whole time. I just stand aside, watching noncommittally, taking notes, feeling slightly amused. 
As for the vaccine, if I weigh the pros and cons, a substance the future side effects of which are still unknown and which doesn’t prevent one from getting/spreading the very thing it’s supposed to repress (plus huge business being behind all) isn’t something I’d be eager to have injected in my organism. The least I can do is wait it out (I’m kinda lying here, I don’t want it in any case). That's my point of view. 

I understand. I guess my point was that it's sometimes hard to be critical when you know little to almost nothing about a certain topic. I was kinda speaking in general, because nowadays it seems, maybe because there's so much information out there, that some people are afraid to just say ''I don't know enough about this to form an opinion or be critical, so it's best to listen to those experts who know what they are talking about''. I wasn't referring to you, though, for all I know you are a scientist too or you have really done your research into all of this, and then it's fair to be critical. But I know a lot of people hardly have any knowledge regarding a certain topic (or they think they do), yet still feel the need to be critical, and I never really understand that. I guess it can have something to do with the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I understand. I guess my point was that it's sometimes hard to be critical when you know little to almost nothing about a certain topic. I was kinda speaking in general, because nowadays it seems, maybe because there's so much information out there, that some people are afraid to just say ''I don't enough about this to form an opinion or be critical, so it's best to listen to those experts who know what they are talking about''. I wasn't referring to you, though, for all I know you are a scientist too or you have really done your research into all of this, and then it's fair to be critical. But I know a lot of people hardly have any knowledge regarding a certain topic (or they think they do), yet still feel the need to be critical, and I never really understand that. I guess it can have something to do with the Dunning–Kruger effect.

I think you hit the nail on the head there with Dunning-Kruger.

• Like 1

I'd get the vaccine, but I still wouldn't be entirely comfortable yet with going to a stadium concert without restrictions.  GNR on the bill doesn't make it any more appealing, unless there's the guarantee of a live song debut, Bucket or Brain returning, or something else enticing.

6 hours ago, dragan1978 said:

I support and agree with you

i support anyone to have a free choice to choose what to do with your body

i do not believe in pharma-mafia

i do not believe in WHO who is private corporation mostly funded by eugenist Bill Gates who said several times that the world has more population than it is needed and it should be depopulated by vaccinne 

people are dying, that is true

but more people died from cardiorespiratory diseases, cancer etc than this virus and nobody tells you that

and I do not understand why do you get vaccinate if you are in good health

does it mean you will also get vaccine for cancer just because it might happen to you?!

You mean like he hpv vaccine. Why wouldn't you get a vaccine to limit your risks 

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

Nope. 

What scares me though is this apparent, omnipresent evidence of how easily we let some external factors divide us in two extreme antipoles and completely deprive us of the capability of having civilized discussion, where one doesn’t just spew out their “truths” to the face of the other person but actually listens to him/her and weighs his/her opinion and point of view. 

I mean, what happened to critical thinking? But if you want to think of yourself as being able to think critically, you can’t just stand with your back in front of that which you believe, guarding it against whatever comes at you in the front. You have to use the Occam’s razor and actually be objective – which is a goal that many fail to even realize, let alone accomplish. 

Just because I have doubts about something, that doesn’t mean I automatically belong in some group, where I’m obviously attributed this group’s beliefs, even though I may have nothing to do with them. 

If you believe the vaccine can help you in some way, go for it. But I’ll politely decline, thank you for your concern. I respect your stance and only request the same from you. Sure, that stuff may help. But the best help my body can give me is natural immunity. 
There are dubious aspects about the whole thing (and I’m not even getting into what an opportunistic, shady political mess it is in our country /Cz/), one of which is that the vaccine just hasn’t had enough time for me to just accept it uncritically. I know we’re told more scientists have been on it than what a usual routine would be. But the fact remains that you can still catch it, you can still spread it, and I’m too young to inject myself with something the side effects of which may surface only in years. By all means am I giving credit to all the poor people in the health care. Kudos to them, heroes etc. 

If you wanna only think in black-or-white extremes, staggering from one wall to another, putting stickers on people and stuffing everything into boxes, then it’s your business, but don’t laugh at people who are actually able to ponder and see. Otherwise you’re just laughing at yourself and your ignorance. 
I understand that this simplifying shortcut may be tempting for many. The internet (one big garbage can, as a wise man once said) floods us with zillions of bits of “information” every day, and not everyone is able to handle such influx. People get headaches, they’re uncertain and shaky. The best thing in a situation like that is to unplug yourself from the nonsense and just believe your gut. 
But above all, you always have to try as much as you can to be objective. It’s sad that you feel like an outcast when you do so, but if that’s the price you gotta pay, so be it. 

So as for GN’R concert going, if getting injected with god knows what is the only way to see you guys, then sorry, off to Youtube I am. 

Would have said it way better in my native language, but it would get way longer, and this is too much as it is. 

Off the soapbox, thank you for your attention, and have a nice day.

“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.”
John Lennon

This is an example of excellent discourse. Thank you for the time and thought . 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bonez said:

You mean like he hpv vaccine. Why wouldn't you get a vaccine to limit your risks 

What risks? Risk of being healthy person for the last 2 decades? 

Or to take unregistered experimental iRNK vaccine for unisolated virus and risk of getting something unknown?

why would you get it? 
i dont mind if you get it, my friend, it is your choice and life and I wish that you are in peace with your heart and soul and have a good health prosper life after getting it and I truly mean it

12 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

What risks? Risk of being healthy person for the last 2 decades? 

Or to take unregistered experimental iRNK vaccine for unisolated virus and risk of getting something unknown?

why would you get it? 
i dont mind if you get it, my friend, it is your choice and life and I wish that you are in peace with your heart and soul and have a good health prosper life after getting it and I truly mean it

I was referring to your comment about cancer vaccine.  Hpv vaccine prevents certain cancers. The virus longterm effects are also unknown recently they have found it may cause mental health issues.  mrna vaccines have been around since the 90s.  I had the vaccine on Monday for my family, the people I look after In work, so we can resume normality.  Same reasons my mum got me vaccinated as a baby 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Vaccines are a proven science with proven effects and methods, so to me I don't see it as being a guinea pig as much as it is acting responsibly for not only myself but everyone on this earth

The flu vaccine is about 40% effective each year “the experts” say.  I can only imagine how effective this new vaccine is LOL.  Not sure the purpose of it for 99.99% of population?