Will you get the vaccine to attend a concert?

I know quite a few people who have gotten pretty sick with covid and a few who have died and some who cruise through it .When I received a  letter explaining my eligibility for the  the covid vaccine I went ahead and got the first shot just last Monday.I understand and respect both points of views in terms of getting the shot and not choosing to and it boils down to a personal choice where each individual should  be allowed to make that choice.In my case getting the shot had nothing to do with concerts but more to do with offering myself some protection from severe illness and hopefully as more studies are done with protecting my loved ones (elderly parents and my son who has a rare form of severe epilepsy)from contracting it from me .I understand that science hasn’t proven either way if you can still transit the virus without symptoms after receiving the vaccine.Most transmissions without vaccine in play seem to come from pre symptomatic individuals and not truly asymptotical people 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 9:14 AM, allwaystired said:

Sounds like you got lucky. It's killed otherwise healthy people I know. 

I like to think we live in a world where people do things for the benefit of others health and wellbeing, rather than simply their own. 

Taking a vaccine after already having the disease would do nothing for anyone else’s benefit.

I prefer to live in a world where people are free to make their own decisions as to how much caution or how much risk they choose to live their own lives with. There is no shame in either.

38 minutes ago, Flayer said:

Taking a vaccine after already having the disease would do nothing for anyone else’s benefit.

I prefer to live in a world where people are free to make their own decisions as to how much caution or how much risk they choose to live their own lives with. There is no shame in either.

Fine.....apart from the fact that clowns and fools walking about acting like Covid doesn't exist aren't only harming themselves. They're killing other people. 

There's another thread for Covid nonsense though, so we probably should knock it on the head here. 

Edited by allwaystired

My son nearly died a few years ago after having a vaccine at school. His brainstem demyelinated and he was in hospital for a long time. This was a vaccine routinely handed out to kids and has killed kids before.

I was always pro-vaccine until then, now I’m not so sure. The same reaction that he had, acute disseminating encephalomyelitis (ADEM), happened to some people in the trials conducted for the COVID vaccine.

But that’s public health for you, some people unfortunately will be the one in a million chance of getting rare and potentially lethal reactions or adverse effects, for the benefit of millions of other people. 

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

My son nearly died a few years ago after having a vaccine at school. His brainstem demyelinated and he was in hospital for a long time. This was a vaccine routinely handed out to kids and has killed kids before.

I was always pro-vaccine until then, now I’m not so sure. The same reaction that he had, acute disseminating encephalomyelitis (ADEM), happened to some people in the trials conducted for the COVID vaccine.

But that’s public health for you, some people unfortunately will be the one in a million chance of getting rare and potentially lethal reactions or adverse effects, for the benefit of millions of other people. 

That's terrible! I am happy he pulled through.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Flayer said:

Not everyone who had Covid is immune, that's why some have already had it twice. And even if you are immune, it doesn't last forever, so what you say is incorrect.

• Like 2

Yes I will get the vaccine as soon as possible

- in order to attend concerts (GNR is among them but the laziest band so they are not the reason why...)

-  in order to travel again cause I love travelling

- in order to avoid a severe corona illness. I want to avoid intense hospital care or grasping for air

but it s so slowly how things proceed in Austria and it seems we will get the astra zeneca vaccine for most of the under 65 ager. The most uncertain one 🙄

• Like 1