Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We know that the band used new song before being released.

The General was used in 2006 and 2010 as intro of the show.

Prostitute in 2006 as intro of November Rain.

In 2002 the intro of the north american tour was a orchestral arrangement like The General (could be Marco's work too?)

Also before NR Axl used to play that year Asshole song, and a slowly piece that sounds good.

What do you think?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a band jam in 2011, that some people say it was a new song indeed, maybe the general.
Also, there's those two jams in the 2009 Rehearsals that we don't know for sure what they are.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be super vague, so I apologize BUT 

My favorite piece of unreleased music is actually an acoustic thing that was played in 2007. 

There's a show from the Japanese leg of the tour (no, I don't remember which show, sorry) where Fortus & Robin start playing this really good acoustic piece right before Patience. The rest of the band joins in and it just sounds great. 

They played if for maybe a minute? (again, vague, sorry) then Axl says something like "that's really good. We should make a song out of that". Axl has a super sarcastic tone and it's very obvious that it's something that is already a song.

I would LOVE to hear more about it and eventually hear the whole song one day. 

If anyone wants to hear what I'm talking about, the most specific thing I can remember is that it was right before Patience in one of the shows in Japan from 2007. Again, sorry for being so vague but I really think more fans should check that out. I've never heard anyone else mention it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This is going to be super vague, so I apologize BUT 

My favorite piece of unreleased music is actually an acoustic thing that was played in 2007. 

There's a show from the Japanese leg of the tour (no, I don't remember which show, sorry) where Fortus & Robin start playing this really good acoustic piece right before Patience. The rest of the band joins in and it just sounds great. 

They played if for maybe a minute? (again, vague, sorry) then Axl says something like "that's really good. We should make a song out of that". Axl has a super sarcastic tone and it's very obvious that it's something that is already a song.

I would LOVE to hear more about it and eventually hear the whole song one day. 

If anyone wants to hear what I'm talking about, the most specific thing I can remember is that it was right before Patience in one of the shows in Japan from 2007. Again, sorry for being so vague but I really think more fans should check that out. I've never heard anyone else mention it. 

Actually this is one is worthy of scrutiny. Gonna look at my archive to see what you're talking about.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This is going to be super vague, so I apologize BUT 

My favorite piece of unreleased music is actually an acoustic thing that was played in 2007. 

There's a show from the Japanese leg of the tour (no, I don't remember which show, sorry) where Fortus & Robin start playing this really good acoustic piece right before Patience. The rest of the band joins in and it just sounds great. 

They played if for maybe a minute? (again, vague, sorry) then Axl says something like "that's really good. We should make a song out of that". Axl has a super sarcastic tone and it's very obvious that it's something that is already a song.

I would LOVE to hear more about it and eventually hear the whole song one day. 

If anyone wants to hear what I'm talking about, the most specific thing I can remember is that it was right before Patience in one of the shows in Japan from 2007. Again, sorry for being so vague but I really think more fans should check that out. I've never heard anyone else mention it. 

I’m pretty certain that is Waiting on a Friend, it’s certainly the same chord progression anyway with little fancy bits on top! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dean said:

I’m pretty certain that is Waiting on a Friend, it’s certainly the same chord progression anyway with little fancy bits on top! 

Oh really? Dammit, well maybe I read Axl's response wrong. Plus I don't know Replacements material really well, so maybe I totally missed the reference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh really? Dammit, well maybe I read Axl's response wrong. Plus I don't know Replacements material really well, so maybe I totally missed the reference. 

Yeah mate, I was once in your shoes though. I thought it sounded tremendous when I first heard it back in '07 as I wasn't really familiar with the Stones back catalogue then and was disappointed when I found out it wasn't original.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...