Axl & DJ Ashba

I can only assume that changing 'swag' for 'clothing' for the brand, resulted in a massive hit to his sales.

I will never forget the man in his early 40's enthusiastically showing me a picture of his DIY Ashba jeans, using a cheap Primark pair of jeans as his canvas. Horrendous.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I wonder if that shop sold a single item I'd consider wearing? I doubt it! 

Actually, they had some cool items, but I'd rather be dead than buy (and wear) something that has DJ Ashba written on it, which sadly all of the items did. And while I still think he's a bit of a douche, he actually was quite nice, when we were there. It was on the weekend they did the first reunion shows in Vegas.

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

The only reason that anyone knows who Richard Fortus is and asks him to do interviews etc is because of GnR.

The thing with him though, is he's never chased the spotlight. He just ends up having it in some way because he's a pretty in demand player. Look at the list of artists he's played with for decades now. Even after joining Axl, when they were off the road, he was already off to tour with another act as soon as he got home from the previous tour.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Actually, they had some cool items, but I'd rather be dead than buy (and wear) something that has DJ Ashba written on it, which sadly all of the items did. And while I still think he's a bit of a douche, he actually was quite nice, when we were there. It was on the weekend they did the first reunion shows in Vegas.

I always got the impression he was an ok sort of guy really, based only on the few interviews I've seen and his onstage image. 

Dress sense though.... definitely not my thing! 

Feel sorry for most businesses that don't work out though, as people lose their jobs. That's always shit. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

better than Axl's 'career'

Well , I believe we're talking Ashba/Slash... Although in Axl interviews he must talk about gnr. 

Slash didn't have to go that route... He was doin' what Ashba is doin now...

About Axl career... Axl careerr between 1994 and 2016 was headlining tours and festivals while Slah was opening for bigger bands or headlining small theaters and/or clubs.

So if you estabilsh your concepts of better, we can discuss if it was or wasn't better

Edited by Beto 22

28 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Dj says he will put now his focus in attention online.

That's yet another aspect of GN'R I've always been disappointed in; their online presence. 

DJ had and still has a great handle on how to promote himself online. Although there was a lot I didn't like about DJ, I thought for sure that GN'R would get their online presence fixed while he was in the band, but nope. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Well, you could say that about Slash also. 

11 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

If you can't see the difference, then no one can help you.

5 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

You can say that abou Slash carreer from 94 to 2016

No, he maintained his own career apart from GnR. VR was successful, SMKC was (and is) successful. He's always been doing his own thing and putting out new music.

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The difference being that Slash was a major part of GNR's establishment, creation and success. 

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

better than Axl's 'career'

Exactly

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

No, he maintained his own career apart from GnR. VR was successful, SMKC was (and is) successful. He's always been doing his own thing and putting out new music.

Exactly

It wasn't more successfull than Axl's... Axl was headlining his own tours and festival 90% of the time...

And Slash (and that includes VR) was an opening act... Just headlining small theaters and clubs.

Oh maybe you forgot that no matter pr statements says VR disbanded cause of the failure of Libertad and its tour?

And they've tried to blame Scott the same way they did with Axl? 

If Slash career was so bigger than Axl why he decided to come back to an environment he always said he would never part of?

So please... Tell me what are the criteria to say that Slash career was better than Axl after they both parted ways

3 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

It wasn't more successfull than Axl's... Axl was headlining his own tours and festival 90% of the time...

And Slash (and that includes VR) was an opening act... Just headlining small theaters and clubs.

Oh maybe you forgot that no matter pr statements says VR disbanded cause of the failure of Libertad and its tour?

And they've tried to blame Scott the same way they did with Axl? 

If Slash career was so bigger than Axl why he decided to come back to an environment he always said he would never part of?

So please... Tell me what are the criteria to say that Slash career was better than Axl after they both parted ways

Who's talking about Axl? We're talking about Richard Fortus here. Pay attention buddy 

22 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

because you said ↓

stop moving the goalposts

Because people criticized Ashba for doin' interviews talking about GNR after he left... Something Slash did for 22 years ... But it's ok when Slash does... Just like everything Slash does...

All guitar players were bashed after Slash left because they didn't play note for note what Slash played... Slash comes back and does the same thing, sometimes on his own solos, but now this is ok... This time "it's different"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2