Axl & DJ Ashba

15 hours ago, thunderram said:

We’re all well aware of the split between AXL and SLASH and most the reasons why. But they have obviously patched things up.

They may not be as close as they once were, but to suggest AXL has a closeness with DJ freaking Ashba over a lifelong friend and current band mate that he’s known and made memories with for close to 40 years is just delusional.

I’m willing to bet AXL still is closer and more fond of IZZY than anyone else (sans team Beta) because of their history. 

The only reason it might appear AXL was close to the new guys was because he was fully in charge and didn’t have to listen to any input. There was nowhere near the same level of friction.

Even if SLASH and DUFF are taking a passive approach nowadays, they still founded the band with AXL and have deep history with AXL. 

The idea of this thread is wishful thinking and seeing what one wants to see. Unless AXL has specifically said something, it’s just nonsense.

I think you’ve misunderstood my post. 

I’m delighted to see Slash back with Axl.

The fact (in my opinion) I saw good chemistry between Axl & DJ isn’t something you can call nonsense. It’s my opinion.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, thunderram said:

We’re all well aware of the split between AXL and SLASH and most the reasons why. But they have obviously patched things up.

They may not be as close as they once were, but to suggest AXL has a closeness with DJ freaking Ashba over a lifelong friend and current band mate that he’s known and made memories with for close to 40 years is just delusional.

I’m willing to bet AXL still is closer and more fond of IZZY than anyone else (sans team Beta) because of their history. 

The only reason it might appear AXL was close to the new guys was because he was fully in charge and didn’t have to listen to any input. There was nowhere near the same level of friction.

Even if SLASH and DUFF are taking a passive approach nowadays, they still founded the band with AXL and have deep history with AXL. 

The idea of this thread is wishful thinking and seeing what one wants to see. Unless AXL has specifically said something, it’s just nonsense.

Slash & Duff hadn't spoke to Axl in 13 years by the time DJ Ashba joined Guns N' Roses, and there was what seemed to be ligitmate dislike between them, so what exactly is nonsense about Axl & DJ having great chemistry?

I'm confused.

This I Love is one of my favourite songs by GnR. Cringe, sure, but I first listened to it when I was 14/15. And that solo, I can never get the fucking intonation right when I try to play it. It's very good.

Now as a result, I've listened to several dozen crowd recordings of TIL throughout NITL. The best ones were when Slash had literally no fucking clue where he was or what he was listening to. That improv (LA, Houston, Mexico, etc.) was the best he did for it. When he got more comfortable, he became complacent. I love him and everything he's done, he's my biggest hero when it comes to guitar, but I'm also not deaf. DJ tried to bring his own thing to it while still respecting the original. Bucket would have at least tried to keep to a pathway if he was improvising (I would kill someone for that alt universe recording). Slash...didn't. 

47 minutes ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

This I Love is one of my favourite songs by GnR. Cringe, sure, but I first listened to it when I was 14/15. And that solo, I can never get the fucking intonation right when I try to play it. It's very good.

Now as a result, I've listened to several dozen crowd recordings of TIL throughout NITL. The best ones were when Slash had literally no fucking clue where he was or what he was listening to. That improv (LA, Houston, Mexico, etc.) was the best he did for it. When he got more comfortable, he became complacent. I love him and everything he's done, he's my biggest hero when it comes to guitar, but I'm also not deaf. DJ tried to bring his own thing to it while still respecting the original. Bucket would have at least tried to keep to a pathway if he was improvising (I would kill someone for that alt universe recording). Slash...didn't. 

Yeah...one of the biggest dissapointments with the whole NITL thing. Slash clearly doesn't give a fuck about the song, the solo and Robin's work. I'm not a fan of the song at all but still...pretty sad.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 11:44 PM, El Guapo said:

Yeah...one of the biggest dissapointments with the whole NITL thing. Slash clearly doesn't give a fuck about the song, the solo and Robin's work. I'm not a fan of the song at all but still...pretty sad.

imo, TIL belonged in an amazing pentology between NR, E, DC, Atlas, and TIL. It could have been beautiful 😭

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 11:10 PM, thunderram said:

I'm not the one to say who Axl is closer to because I don't know him personally so I won't assume shit I don't know... Anyways, this close to 40 years point is fair to say:

To this close to 40 years, Axl and Slash haven't talked to each other in 20 of them. That leaves close to twenty year... Sayin that, you can't say that Axl was close to Slash after 1992.  You can't say you're close to someone if you just talk to them trough managers and personal assistants like Slash with Axl.

If you can say that Axl and Slash start to become close with each other in 84 . There's a 8 years period that Axl and Slash were close... At the most... 

As much as I dislike Ashba I have to say that in the 6 or 7 years  he was in the band Ashba supposedly were much closer to Axl  in Axl's personal "moments" than Slash was from 88,89 until 96

Edited by Beto 22
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

I'm not the one to say who Axl is closer to because I don't know him personally so I won't assume shit I don't know... Anyways, this close to 40 years point is fair to say:

To this close to 40 years, Axl and Slash haven't talked to each other in 20 of them. That leaves close to twenty year... Sayin that, you can't say that Axl was close to Slash after 1992.  You can't say you're close to someone if you just talk to them trough managers and personal assistants like Slash with Axl.

If you can say that Axl and Slash start to become close with each other in 84 . There's a 8 years period that Axl and Slash were close... At the most... 

As much as I dislike Ashba I have to say that in the 6 or 7 years  he was in the band, Ashba were much closer to Axl  in Axl's personal "moments" than Slash was from 88,89 until 96

Righto then! :P 

Sorry not having a dig, just found this amusing. :)

• Haha 1