The things they say (over n' over again)

Nice Boy

kinda off topic, but I remember Axl being furious in some interview saying he read how an interviewer wrote that Slash used the word "hodgepodge" to describe their music. Axl insisted Slash would never use such a lame word. Some time later I watched a clip where you can clearly hear Slash saying "hodgepodge". ^_^

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

kinda off topic, but I remember Axl being furious in some interview saying he read how an interviewer wrote that Slash used the word "hodgepodge" to describe their music. Axl insisted Slash would never use such a lame word. Some time later I watched a clip where you can clearly hear Slash saying "hodgepodge". ^_^

Slash: I think that the way it appeared on the surface, through the media, was a lot different than the way it was actually going. The thing about the media is, it only picks up the highlights - But we are living it. The legal ramifications are two of Scott's bad decisions that we are dealing with the whole time, so nothing came as a surprise. The main thing that was cool about it all, was that during the whole legal fucking hodgepodge, Scott was getting to the point where he was really fucking turning a new leaf. Then, at the tail end of him going through that, he was fucking around and got busted on something that wasn't even drug related.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Slash: I think that the way it appeared on the surface, through the media, was a lot different than the way it was actually going. The thing about the media is, it only picks up the highlights - But we are living it. The legal ramifications are two of Scott's bad decisions that we are dealing with the whole time, so nothing came as a surprise. The main thing that was cool about it all, was that during the whole legal fucking hodgepodge, Scott was getting to the point where he was really fucking turning a new leaf. Then, at the tail end of him going through that, he was fucking around and got busted on something that wasn't even drug related.

heh cool cause this means Slash used it more than once cause the clip I watched was a different interview.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

"... and this, and that, and the other,"

22 times. Even included in Geffen's press release from when Appetite was released:

(Slash): “It's kinda hard to explain this so people can understand it. We were one of the most opposed bands. We had opposition from everywhere, the whole fucking time. Still. It's not as bad now cause we're signed and some people like the shit we do. But we started out with so many people from so many different directions, trying to lash out at us. And trying to say Guns N’ Roses this and that, and don't let them in here, and don't let them do this, and don't let them do that, and watch them, and this and that and the other.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Just checked this. Slash has said it 25 times from 1986-2005.

"All things considered" is up to 57 times.

I checked Slash's autobiography.

"All this considered": 28 times. (edit: I meant to write "all things considered", of course)

"this, that, and the other": 1 time.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think Axl also says "in my [our, your, etc.] world" a lot. 

Fernando uses the "in our world" expression often, too. He must have gotten it from Axl.

Did some searches through interviews/articles 1984-2005:

"In my world": Duff, Gilby, Axl and Izzy said it once each.

"In our world": One quote from Nikki Sixx,

"In their world": One quote from Bryn Bridenthal.

"In your world": None.

So no, I can't find much evidence for this being a familiar expression to Axl before 2005, at least not from interviews. He might have said it more in concerts though.

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Did some searches through interviews/articles 1984-2005:

"In my world": Duff, Gilby, Axl and Izzy said it once each.

"In our world": One quote from Nikki Sixx,

"In their world": One quote from Bryn Bridenthal.

"In your world": None.

So no, I can't find much evidence for this being a familiar expression to Axl before 2005, at least not from interviews. He might have said it more in concerts though.

Maybe he started saying it later, because I found it five times in his forum chats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, all things considered, we are just a rock n' roll band, you know, with guitars and vocals and this and that and the other, and so on and so forth, and everybody who says otherwise can suck my dick. That's, like, highly satanic, you know.

:lol: