Why the name calling?

DurhamGirl

I  may be a tad naive but I dont understand the awful name calling, especially Axl, on other areas of the web.  It can be so nasty which does not seem right knowing Axl has mental health problems, would one make fun of somebody down the street with similar issues.  Axl has probably hurt himself more than anyone else and will be suffering the consequences.   So anybody understand this attitude?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I  may be a tad naive but I dont understand the awful name calling, especially Axl, on other areas of the web.  It can be so nasty which does not seem right knowing Axl has mental health problems, would one make fun of somebody down the street with similar issues.  Axl has probably hurt himself more than anyone else and will be suffering the consequences.   So anybody understand this attitude?

short answer: cause it's funny. (at least to them)

I think mostly it's just a type of humor that is not for everyone and some of it is the outcome of not getting too much from Gn'R. Some of them don't really care about Gn'R anymore so they find satisfaction in mocking not just Axl, but everything Gn'R and personally I think some of the nasty shit is hilarious. There is a lot to work with here. Others seem to still love the band, but they think the band is a joke so they laugh at it.

don't worry about Axl. He wipes tears with 100$ bills. The great thing about the internet is that you can always not visit virtual places that you don't like.

"I wanna say that I learned that I'm as big as a house! So I think I'm owed some rent money! I think that there’s a little pussy-ass writer over at NME that owes me some rent money... for livin' inside my ass! Just playin' around. " [Axl at London Arena, Aug. 2002, reacting to an NME critic who had written that he looked "as big as a house"]

"My name is Fat Bastard and these are the Yes Men." [Axl, introducing the band at Target Center, Minneapolis, Oct. 2002]

(He was probably responding to comments he had read on fan forums :lol:)

"Is Conan here tonight? Okay, you know, Conan is Mr. Conan O’ Brien, my good friend Conan. You see, I read a little while ago that he was on a diet. And now and then, you know, you need to break from a thing like that, so I brought him some donuts. These are a special Krispy Kreme Conan O’ Brien dedication from me. [Hands donuts to the crowd] Axl’s White Trash Bistro Catering has some Conan donuts here. He won’t mind, my good friend, he won’t mind." [Axl at MSG, NY, Dec. 2002]

(He seemingly was responding to a joke by Conan O' Brien, who had said that after the Video Music Awards the band would change its name to "Fatty McGoo and the guys who aren't Slash".)  

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

"I wanna say that I learned that I'm as big as a house! So I think I'm owed some rent money! I think that there’s a little pussy-ass writer over at NME that owes me some rent money... for livin' inside my ass! Just playin' around. " [Axl at London Arena, Aug. 2002, reacting to an critic who wrote that he looked "as big as a house"]

"My name is Fat Bastard and these are the Yes Men." [Axl, introducing the band at Target Center, Minneapolis, Oct. 2002]

(He was probably responding to comments he had read on fan forums :lol:)

"Is Conan here tonight? Okay, you know, Conan is Mr. Conan O’ Brien, my good friend Conan. You see, I read a little while ago that he was on a diet. And now and then, you know, you need to break from a thing like that, so I brought him some donuts. These are a special Krispy Kreme Conan O’ Brien dedication from me. [Hands donuts to the crowd] Axl’s White Trash Bistro Catering has some Conan donuts here. He won’t mind, my good friend, he won’t mind." [Axl at MSG, NY, Dec. 2002]

(He seemingly was responding to a joke by Conan O' Brien, who had said that after the Video Music Awards the band would change its name to "Fatty McGoo and the guys who aren't Slash".)  

I remember that line from Conan, classic. It just rolls off the tongue. 

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!

Yeah, this was something, wasn't it. But that "find another board, this one doesn't need you" - did he mean this forum, speaking on behalf of it? Wtf? 

16 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!

I thought this was from you to me at first!

I can see Axl and mates can well look after themselves...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yeah, this was something, wasn't it. But that "find another board, this one doesn't need you" - did he mean this forum, speaking on behalf of it? Wtf? 

It's no secret that Axl and people in the GNR camp read the forums, and at the time this place was easily the biggest GNR forum, so I assume he basically meant "stop spreading bullshit on the most popular website about my band."

• Like 1

Personally I find the "GNFNR" forum to be laugh out loud hilarious at times, especially the Fat Axl thread :lol: I've never actually thought Axl was overweight, even when the media kinda ran with that angle after RIR3, but some of those face swapping gifs at GNFNR are ridiculously funny. Like Rovim said, Axl wipes his tears with $100 bills so I doubt he's losing any sleep over it and I hope that he just takes it as the trolly joke that it is :shrugs:

For the record I also found the "MS Paint" thread at this forum hilarious so maybe I just have the sense of humor of a 6 year old lol.

• Like 1