The Red Head turns 59

2 hours ago, LandOla said:

Wasted? 

Maybe in the eyes of a fan but I bet he has enjoyed life. 

I see no waste in that.

Wasted talent. 15 original songs in 29 years. From the guy who gave us AFD & UYI.

If that isn't a tragic waste I don't know what is.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Don't wanna be a naysayer. I loved 87-93 band, But then I grew such a deep passion for NewGnr '01-'06 band. And then we know what happened to that band. So imo anything from NewGnr era even if released is dead and gone. Worst than that is when you hear all these talks about Slash gonna play over Bucket parts, Duff on Tommy and so on.

So I'm out really. 

But to each their own and I'm happy about you and your positive thinking.

I hear ya my man. Keep in mind that the music you grew up on in regards to the classic era of the band, two integral ingredients of that lineup are now back in the fold along with Axl. I reckon they can still work their magic on whatever material they use. That's what I tell myself - plus, I'll listen to anything with Axl Rose on vocals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

Thought this was a happy birthday Axl thread....

With how negative you perceive this place to be, you're going to have a really hard time when you see how GN'R is discussed on the rest of the internet. 

2 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Given the fact the location tag on that photo says Singapore, I'm guessing it's an old pre-pandemic photo

Sure, he just posted it pic because is about Axl birthday. 

Loudwire did an article about the 6 nicest things Axl has done. https://loudwire.com/nice-things-axl-rose-has-done/  

I can add he went to visit those kids in the cancer hospital in England.  Gave that waiter a $600 tip and a ride home.  Was incredibly kind to Muhamad Ali.  Helped Smut when she was in the hospital.  I'll think of more just those come to mind.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

With how negative you perceive this place to be, you're going to have a really hard time when you see how GN'R is discussed on the rest of the internet. 

I dont ssee this place as negative (not sure where you gleened that from)  and I have seen other other sites.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

What a bunch of whiny bitches. Stay out of the birthday thread if you have nothing else to add but the usual whining for the umpteenth time. This is a fan forum so call me mad for being a fan and expecting people to be a bit less negative than elsewhere on the internet. Sad that people who choose to see the glass half full or just are grateful for what the band and Axl have given us can't even get one thread without the usual bitching.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lio said:

What a bunch of whiny bitches. Stay out of the birthday thread if you have nothing else to add but the usual whining for the umpteenth time. This is a fan forum so call me mad for being a fan and expecting people to be a bit less negative than elsewhere on the internet. Sad that people who choose to see the glass half full or just are grateful for what the band and Axl have given us can't even get one thread without the usual bitching.

I do get what you're saying. My own post in the thread wasn't negative, but I get where everyone is coming from that chose to go negative. That's actually why I included something like "we only bitch because we care" in my post and that was before anyone even posted anything negative. 

Are there trolls who post negative stuff just to post  negative stuff? Yep. But I really do think the majority of people who post negative stuff do so because they just want GN'R to do/be better. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I do get what you're saying. My own post in the thread wasn't negative, but I get where everyone is coming from that chose to go negative. That's actually why I included something like "we only bitch because we care" in my post and that was before anyone even posted anything negative. 

Are there trolls who post negative stuff just to post  negative stuff? Yep. But I really do think the majority of people who post negative stuff do so because they just want GN'R to do/be better. 

I'd actually say GNR fans are some of the most tolerant really. 

Imagine if another 'high ticket price' band (say U2 or Foo Fighters) turned in performances as sloppy and lifeless as that Vegas show last year, or some of those Selects shows? Their fans would be absolutely savage. Imagine if those bands just stopped releasing releasing material, ever, and played the same set, night after night, year after year? Again, their fans would rip them to shreds. They just wouldn't accept it. 

The fact some of us are still interested in GNR in 2021, and still here, I think shows a MASSIVE amount of positivity. 

Sure there's the odd person who seems needlessly savage (I'm not personally a fan of talking about how band members look really, as that seems a bit much) but they really are very rare and a lot of it is probably trolling anyway.

On the whole most people seem to want the band to just do things we all know they are more than capable of and live up to the (massive) potential they have in 2020/2021. 

Anyway, on the incredibly rare chance that Axl may read this- Happy Birthday. Have a think about releasing some of that stuff you don't think is good enough hey? A lot of us here certainly think it is. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Lio said:

This. And this is the reason why I only sporadically read this section of the forum. I'm tired of reading the same old complaints and negativity.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2021 at 4:16 PM, BangoSkank said:

Happy birthday, Axl. This year please know that I'd do dirty things for some new music from the CD era and even dirtier things for Axl Rose: The Autobiography.

My feelings exactly on an autobiography from Axl! I wish he'd use the pandemic downtime to write it. I'd be first in the queue!!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, money honey said:

My feelings exactly on an autobiography from Axl! I wish he'd use the pandemic downtime to write it. I'd be first in the queue!!

Right?! He's said before a few times that he has difficulty with it because 1) it gets too depressing and 2) he doesn't know how to phrase things that doesn't sound like he's calling everyone a liar. I kind of worry that the reunion made this way less likely, but that said I am still really hoping.

• Like 3