Has Hell Frozen Over?

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Fair enough, but I can confirm it's absolutely fucking shit being in the UK at the moment, as literally everyone I know thinks.

I find it insane that anyone wouldn't really, when they're back to relative normality while we're still languishing in lockdown! 

I know the first bit - which is why we got out as soon as school finished in Dec, I really wanted to be there for the northern hemisphere Christmas but risk of lockdown and then not being able to get out was too much so we left and glad we did. Where we live in UK cases were low and I honestly felt safe the whole time.

Maybe I’m insane because I’m not going back to Oz for at least 6 months and as soon as schools reopen in UK we’re going back to our home there...

7 minutes ago, Euchre said:

I know the first bit - which is why we got out as soon as school finished in Dec, I really wanted to be there for the northern hemisphere Christmas but risk of lockdown and then not being able to get out was too much so we left and glad we did. Where we live in UK cases were low and I honestly felt safe the whole time.

Maybe I’m insane because I’m not going back to Oz for at least 6 months and as soon as schools reopen in UK we’re going back to our home there...

Yeah, you're insane! 

I can't see why anyone would want to come to a country that's in the mess we're in when they don't have to. 

But then I'm poor, unemployed, and at the bottom of the barrel. Probably fine if you have second homes/don't have to worry about the economy being fucked, there being no work and people you know self-harming left right and centre! 

Ah, ignore me. I just hate it here. I think we're an international embarasment and the only people who seem to think it's ok are the rich here. They just make sure they're isolated from it and don't give a fuck. The stats, facts and figures speak for themselves though when it comes to Covid and the economy. 

Someone give me a damn job, a visa and a ticket out of this insular little country! Haha! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

Well I said upfront that I was fortunate that I had the ability to be able to travel, but i think that is far from the whole story. (And by the way we rent our place in the UK !!).

Also so many of my best memories this year in the UK were all the walking we did - both in beautiful parks and in the countryside, especially in autumn - all of which is free. Got fit and had a great time.

All i was trying to get at was the headlines paint a certain picture about Oz, which isn’t really the case. You might not enjoy it as much as you think if you were there.

This article gives a good rundown of the lockdown my brother in law got caught up in : 112 days and very draconian. By contrast the UK lockdown last March I think lasted 48 days.

You don’t see the headlines about how well Oz is doing reminding everyone of this.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-australia-54686812

From a person who is a New Zealander, currently posting this on a Tuesday morning, taking my daughter to school for the first school day of 2021, day to day life is normal.. 

The only visible signs of COVID are if you walk past a Managed isolation Hotel, with fencing around it, or take public transport were mask wearing is mandatory. 

Yes, our lockdown did have an effect on business even today. Some hospitality and retail business have struggled and many of these businesses have unfortunately not survived. 

Yes, for a period of 8 weeks our freedoms were restricted. 

That was short term loss for a long term benefit, and we are now receiving the benefits of that commitment. 

We have just had a long public holiday weekend (yesterday Monday was a day off as a public holiday) with a majority of people enjoying beaches, public gatherings, sports events and even a music festival were 20,000 people attended without the need to social distance and wear a mask. 

https://sunlive.co.nz/news/261817-one-love-festival-review-party-like-its-2021.html

Currently under the closed borders system and a stay in a managed isolation facility (hotel) for 14 days along with contact tracing, we seem to be at this stage keeping COVID at bay. 

Yes, the system has has some issues, including small, but controlled outbreaks of community transmission, but that's expected given the size and scope of the system and the nature of COVID, particularly the new strains. 

Fingers crossed, that remains the case to allow the band to tour at the end of the year. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

As time passed by and he felt the pressure of the possibility of an impending delivery date, I think he went back to his old ways in terms of working in bits then backing off. His determination was set on touring and any album would be a secondary byproduct. There was never any real momentum to release any new music.

Then this virus happened, and I do believe it took some of the pressure off Axl’s chest. GNR was about to launch on a tour, and it was a perfect smokescreen to hide the lack of progress on an album. I certainly do think they may have played a new song or two. And I attribute this solely to the leaks, but they won’t capitalize on it one way or another. In other words, I find it to be moot to plot the path of GNR. Comparisons to other bands cannot be made as GNR has existed in a vacuum.

this is all, of course, speculation on your part. So let's be honest: it's totally possible Axl doesn't feel the pressure to release new music anytime soon and he might have not felt any pressure last year as well. we as fans or at least most of us feel this understandable need to have the album in our hands but as I've said before, he seems to do 1 thing at a time so maybe the focus was strictly on the tour.

I think it's likely there is no "delivering date". If I had to guess I'd say Axl never changed his approach ever since he put together new Guns so he could be constructing it slowly, making sure all the pieces work together, working on it sporadically and when he'll complete it, maybe then we'll get a release date pretty close to the actual release.

I don't believe there was any intention to release anything before the end of the tour. I can imagine the intention maybe was to finish the NITL tour and then focus on working on the record but maybe it's more open ended compared to how you think it went.

Like Slash and Duff did some work on their own and with Axl and he works on it when the mood strikes him. That's a much more realistic scenario to me, but there is not much to go on other than mainly what Slash and Susan said so we know they've been working on it and that's pretty much it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Just now, Italian girl said:

Dear, don't worry. You're not alone. Italy Is a mess too. And we started with this nightmare earlier than the rest of the world last year.

Buy Just think that "the wheel turns" (as we say here) so  our Moment of Revenge Will come!! 💪🏻

Yeah, I read Italy isn't doing hot. Hope things are Ok out there for you all. 

That wheel does indeed turn. Here's hoping it starts moving a little faster! 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Fair enough, but I can confirm it's absolutely fucking shit being in the UK at the moment, as literally everyone I know thinks. The mood is about as sour as it's possible to be, everything is locked down with no dates for reopening, there's no work, benefits cuts looming. So many people I know are seriously depressed....so while you may have found it great to pop over for a holiday (it's remarkable that we never closed borders or even had testing for foreign visitors at any point.....hence why we're so fucked now!) spare a thought for those of us who have spent most of 2020 and all of 2021 sitting in our houses! We've not seen family or friends for months and months! 

The grass is most certainly not greener here, and I'd do anything to be living in Australia right now, looking forward to concerts and seeing friends! 

I find it insane that anyone wouldn't really, when they're back to relative normality while we're still languishing in lockdown! 

Apart from Melbourne and their second wave and long lockdown, and a few short-lived clusters in Sydney causing occasional two week lock downs, Australia is in a very fortunate position. Perth, Adelaide, Tasmania, the Northern Territory are all pretty much normal. Where I live in Brisbane, Queensland, it’s like COVID doesn’t even exist because it pretty much doesn’t. We go out to the beach, restaurants, cinemas, football games with 50,000 people all with no masks on. We’ve just been lucky and relatively isolated helps too.

It’s awful seeing how the UK has been affected. I know ICU Nurses there that are well and truly over it. It is a hard balance that Governments must try to achieve with lock downs, jobs, the economy, people’s mental health. There is no perfect solution at all.

Edited by DownUnderScott
  • Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 12:04 AM, Rovim said:

maybe cause not everyone care enough about being fit to put in the work, idk. Axl said he doesn't like to workout and it seems he likes to eat so why should he suffer.

Oh, I don't know... maybe to lower the risk of dropping dead of a massive coronary? Yeah, there's no guarantees in life. Some trim, healthy people die young. Some unhealthy, fat people  defy the odds. But that's just it: they're defying the odds. The medical literature is very clear about this. A man his age who doesn't work out, eats way too much and carries a BMI that high is at a markedly increased risk for all sorts of health problems and premature death.

But again, it's his life. And if he doesn't care about his health, it's his health not to care about and that's fine.

I was just weighing in on the subject.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nintari said:

Oh, I don't know... maybe to lower the risk of dropping dead of a massive coronary? Yeah, there's no guarantees in life. Some trim, healthy people die young. Some unhealthy, fat people  defy the odds. But that's just it: they're defying the odds. The medical literature is very clear about this. A man his age who doesn't work out, eats way too much and carries a BMI that high is at a markedly increased risk for all sorts of health problems and premature death.

But again, it's his life. And if he doesn't care about his health, it's his health not to care about and that's fine.

I was just weighing in on the subject.

yeah I was doing the same thing, just guessing why he doesn't regularly works out. I have no issue with you thinking he should. I do feel that maybe some people just have the natural ability to achieve some challenging things in life in a certain way that maybe is more satisfying to them and what seems fairly easy for one person is maybe perceived as "torture" to another.

like I think that some people have certain physical and mental traits that enable them to workout everyday and even the discomfort of being in a demanding process is worth it to them cause they care more about the value of achieving this goal.

plus maybe it's also about self control. Despite everything we know about proper diet, exercise, etc there will always be people that smoke, eat shit food, and don't workout cause the instant gratification of doing things that are bad for your body is difficult to resist and because we don't have to hunt our dinner anymore, there is less immediate reason for getting off our asses and burn calories.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

yeah I was doing the same thing, just guessing why he doesn't regularly works out. I have no issue with you thinking he should. I do feel that maybe some people just have the natural ability to achieve some challenging things in life in a certain way that maybe is more satisfying to them and what seems fairly easy for one person is maybe perceived as "torture" to another.

like I think that some people have certain physical and mental traits that enable them to workout everyday and even the discomfort of being in a demanding process is worth it to them cause they care more about the value of achieving this goal.

plus maybe it's also about self control. Despite everything we know about proper diet, exercise, etc there will always be people that smoke, eat shit food, and don't workout cause the instant gratification of doing things that are bad for your body is difficult to resist and because we don't have to hunt our dinner anymore, there is less immediate reason for getting off our asses and burn calories.

That first paragraph really hits home for me. Due to my disability, I do things differently than others. The perception that other people may have is that I struggle. In reality, I'm doing things my way which is easier for me. You have no idea how many times I get asked if I need help when I don't need it. Quite a few times people help without asking. Both times it slows me down or makes matters worse for me. People don't use common sense when they view me. They rely on their perception rather than looking at the situation at hand. 

• Like 4

On 2/6/2021 at 6:25 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Is Axl actually getting in shape for the November 2021 shows?

Will he emerge from hibernation ready to put the Fat Axl meme to death?

Only time will tell.

hXaSNgY.png

this is a great excersise to build strength and skills for entertainers who often take away cameras from fans.  lol

15 hours ago, Rovim said:

he may in fact workout regularly. but it doesn't matter who you are, you can't outrun a bad diet. 

On 2/8/2021 at 11:46 AM, allwaystired said:

Yeah, you're insane! 

I can't see why anyone would want to come to a country that's in the mess we're in when they don't have to. 

But then I'm poor, unemployed, and at the bottom of the barrel. Probably fine if you have second homes/don't have to worry about the economy being fucked, there being no work and people you know self-harming left right and centre! 

Ah, ignore me. I just hate it here. I think we're an international embarasment and the only people who seem to think it's ok are the rich here. They just make sure they're isolated from it and don't give a fuck. The stats, facts and figures speak for themselves though when it comes to Covid and the economy. 

Someone give me a damn job, a visa and a ticket out of this insular little country! Haha! 

Are you voting for Byran Rose?

2 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

this is a great excersise to build strength and skills for entertainers who often take away cameras from fans.  lol

he may in fact workout regularly. but it doesn't matter who you are, you can't outrun a bad diet. 

He works out in sunglasses. That’s so stupid. He can’t handle looking someone in the eyes 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 5:25 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Is Axl actually getting in shape for the November 2021 shows?

Will he emerge from hibernation ready to put the Fat Axl meme to death?

Only time will tell.

hXaSNgY.png

Honestly, I'm glad Axl is training, but I doubt any concert tours will happen this year either? The covid isn't going anywhere anytime soon and I for one don't want to be in a enclosed room with thousands of people who I don't know got the vaccine or not?

Exercising everyday is something we should all now especially now being home so much.

15 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

He works out in sunglasses. That’s so stupid. He can’t handle looking someone in the eyes 

Maybe bright lights bother Axl's eyes? If it works for him, don't judge.

18 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

True. You need to exercise and eat healthy too. It goes hand in hand, no matter what Maria Osmond says. lol

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Honestly, I'm glad Axl is training, but I doubt any concert tours will happen this year either? The covid isn't going anywhere anytime soon and I for one don't want to be in a enclosed room with thousands of people who I don't know got the vaccine or not?

The US shows definitely won't happen, but the Aus/NZ probably will.

The rescheduled US shows were realistically never gonna happen, they were just letting TM/Live Nation sit on ticket money for a while longer...

21 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

lol.  couldn't agree more.  I met Slash outside around midnight after one of his shows....and he was wearing sunglasses.  only rockstars and the terminator can wear sunglasses indoors and or at night.