Locked & Loaded Book

I think there was a book included in one of the L&L Box Sets - but I've never heard any one talk about it.

Is anyone that has it able to shed some light onto what's in it - ie previously unseen photos ? any interesting information ? rehash of what we've all seen before ?

23 minutes ago, Euchre said:

I think there was a book included in one of the L&L Box Sets - but I've never heard any one talk about it.

Is anyone that has it able to shed some light onto what's in it - ie previously unseen photos ? any interesting information ? rehash of what we've all seen before ?

It's quite well done. Lots of photos from the era, pictures of old posters, flyers etc. Looks pretty stylish, hardback. 

Anything more you want to know? 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Anything more you want to know? 

So it's mainly pics of the band and pics of memorabilia as opposed to including some sort of narrative or information ?

Are the pics exclusive to the book ? (ie are there live shows or photo shoots that you wouldn't have seen before ?)

If they are unseen photos are they completely new or just alternate shots from shows or shoots that are already out there ?

Also, thanks for the response !!

1 hour ago, Euchre said:

So it's mainly pics of the band and pics of memorabilia as opposed to including some sort of narrative or information ?

Are the pics exclusive to the book ? (ie are there live shows or photo shoots that you wouldn't have seen before ?)

If they are unseen photos are they completely new or just alternate shots from shows or shoots that are already out there ?

Also, thanks for the response !!

Yeah, pretty much all pictures. Not too much writing at all really. 

In terms of photos, the majority of them are promo shots taken from magazines and promotional material of the time. There's a few live shots in there too, some of them I haven't seen, but that doesn't mean they're necessarily new - just that I hadn't seen them! 

If you're interested in getting hold of it, it's in the smaller box too (the 5 disc one) which you can get pretty reasonably priced now if you shop around. 

37 minutes ago, Euchre said:

Thanks

No problem. Ultimately I'd say it's a nice thing to have if you like the idea of having something to look through, see some old images from the time etc. If you're looking for actual information on the band and the making of the album, then you're probably best off looking elsewhere. It looks great though, and for the right price, it's well worth having in my opinion. 

19 hours ago, ryanf23 said:

I don’t recall many rare photos. I was pretty disappointed in the book. 

im assuming your have Marc Canters Reckless Road book... that’s king of gnr photos

I was under the impression that many of the photos were from Axls personal vault and were previously unpublished.

I really enjoyed looking through the book.