Has anyone put together credits for the locker discs

I guess it's fairly easy to try and work out whose playing what, especially on the cd2 bucket tracks. I'm guessing anything with the March 2000 date is Josh on drums. Bucket is on some of that stuff though, eg Quick Song. He joined December 1999 didn't he? 

Be interesting to compile some detailed credits for the tracks. 

3 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I guess it's fairly easy to try and work out whose playing what, especially on the cd2 bucket tracks. I'm guessing anything with the March 2000 date is Josh on drums. Bucket is on some of that stuff though, eg Quick Song. He joined December 1999 didn't he? 

Be interesting to compile some detailed credits for the tracks. 

It’s time for Paul Huge to once again emerge from the vault.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Dean said:

I would only be guessing, so unfortunately I cannot assist, however, I still cannot believe we have these. I have Atlas currently playing for the 87th time today. It's as life changing as it was that beautiful September morning of 2019.

I presume that's the 87th time in total, rather than just today?! 

Whenever I play them the main thing that strikes me is the absolute waste. Can you imagine some of that stuff blasting out at a live gig?! I like Eye On You (I'm definitely in the minority, I know) and I can't help but imagine those crashing beats and heavy bass live, and what a statement all that would have made in a live environment. A band not afraid to try new ideas and move on. A 'fuck you' to all the bores and dullards who just want to air guitar to nostalgic 'classic rock' of the past. Showing people that they are a fascinating creative force, rather than the domain of those who think music began in the 70s and ended in the early 90s. 

Instead......well.....it's songs the band have played a million times, and they look like they could play them in their sleep. And there's no real reason to do that. 

So, yeah, the waste hits me every single time I play them. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I presume that's the 87th time in total, rather than just today?! 

Whenever I play them the main thing that strikes me is the absolute waste. Can you imagine some of that stuff blasting out at a live gig?! I like Eye On You (I'm definitely in the minority, I know) and I can't help but imagine those crashing beats and heavy bass live, and what a statement all that would have made in a live environment. A band not afraid to try new ideas and move on. A 'fuck you' to all the bores and dullards who just want to air guitar to nostalgic 'classic rock' of the past. Showing people that they are a fascinating creative force, rather than the domain of those who think music began in the 70s and ended in the early 90s. 

Instead......well.....it's songs the band have played a million times, and they look like they could play them in their sleep. And there's no real reason to do that. 

So, yeah, the waste hits me every single time I play them. 

Hell no! I'm on 103 plays just from today alone. I listen to it roughly around 630 times every day. It really keeps me chill, you know?

:lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, allwaystired said:

I mean....you're joking...right?! 

Haha! 

Haha, yeah, though I did play it to fucking death when it leaked and it's my favourite Guns N' Roses song. I don't think that'll change either.

It offers so much to the ears, Axl is on fine fucking form and the addition of a guitarist that has changed my life musically is just the cherry on top - I'm not trying to diminish the efforts of Robin Finck or Brian May....God bless PHT!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Imagine Perhaps in the set. A simple rocker. 

The discs are the best thing to happen to Gnr since the 2010 tour... Anyone agree?

(not including the 3 hour meeting TB had in 2013.)

Yes, in fact I'd say the discs are the best thing to happen since the release of CD in 2008. The tour was definitely cool too, of course, especially for those who have attended. 

We are due for new leaks soon. (We seem to get some at least every other year) I wonder what will leak next. 

I wonder how many, if any more village CDs are out there. I'm sure there are other discs out there, and MP3s on drives, etc. Maybe an old hoarder will put out their catalog for the S&Gs. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dean said:

I would only be guessing, so unfortunately I cannot assist, however, I still cannot believe we have these. I have Atlas currently playing for the 87th time today. It's as life changing as it was that beautiful September morning of 2019.

It was awesome, and what a weird story. Too bad it wasn’t all the vocal performances. 

11 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

It's sad to think that the Locker Leaks could end up being the last truly great thing to happen in the GNR universe.

That went unnoticed too.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 8:39 AM, SoulMonster said:

I don't know, but I really like it.

If I was to guess, I would probably say Axl. He likes arranging complex pieces. 

Probably Axl and Chris. He always helped him with the arrangements. 

52 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

My guess is Thyme and PRL were combined to form Thyme, it's listed in an early 2008 "CD2" song list as "Thyme L" and PRL doesn't appear in that list by name.

NAxk5s.jpg

Do we know if State Of Grace developed into any of those songs? I can't believe that it wouldn't have been a contender for CD2.

11 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Do we know if State Of Grace developed into any of those songs? I can't believe that it wouldn't have been a contender for CD2.

I've wondered the same thing. As with Zodiac, Ides Of March, Quick Song, Oklahoma/Berlin, and Seven.

Perhaps some of the above were re-named, or were stated for CD3.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sweersa said:

My guess is Thyme and PRL were combined to form Thyme, it's listed in an early 2008 "CD2" song list as "Thyme L" and PRL doesn't appear in that list by name.

NAxk5s.jpg

This list has always struck me as completely real and completely odd. Some of these songs are references to what I would assume are remixes (TIL2, Better2, Pro2) some unheard songs (a few of which we have now heard) and Catcher which I’ve read in places over the years was not always slated for CD1. This list seems to potentially confirm that. Then as mentioned above a bunch of songs that are rumored to exist are not listed. Which may confirm it actually was supposed to be a trilogy of records with bonus tracks (Remixes)

Edited by Arnuld
  • Like 1