Has anyone put together credits for the locker discs

Reading these comments is interesting as I have only ever heard 4 songs from these discs in YouTube, none of which got me overly excited though I did really only listen to them once or twice. But you guys seem really enthused by it all which in turn makes me really interested in hearing more! 

17 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, Hardschool and State of Grace are easily better than anything the other 80's bands that are still around are releasing nowadays, it's so frustrating.

Those songs put together, plus Oh My God and even the re-vamped version of Silkworms (I'll get into trouble for saying that) would turn out an EP way better than Chinese Democracy itself.

Chinese Democracy < Greatest Hits

29 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, Hardschool and State of Grace are easily better than anything the other 80's bands that are still around are releasing nowadays, it's so frustrating.

Oh Jesus, those were the songs I heard... and nothing really got me jumping. I thought there was possibly a bunch of other tracks that were really awesome that I hadn't heard! Obviously totally subjective. 

20 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Reading these comments is interesting as I have only ever heard 4 songs from these discs in YouTube, none of which got me overly excited though I did really only listen to them once or twice. But you guys seem really enthused by it all which in turn makes me really interested in hearing more! 

The most interesting one is 'State of Grace'.  Never mentioned beforehand and not know by any of the 'insiders'.

'Perhaps' too - although it did appear on the list from Jan 2008 that got re-uploaded earlier in the thread by Sweersa.

'PRL' is also interesting.  In 2001 (years before Chinese Democracy was release) there was an article saying the new album was going to be called Chinese Democracy,m and the follow up was already recorded and would be called PRL.  That was largely ignored and 'PRL' was never mentioned as a rumored title until the locker discs were found.  It's thought Chinese Democracy was intended to be a double, with the second part of the record called PRL.

The same article also mentioned a song about child abuse, which we now know to be 'The General'.

Also funny the way 'Hard School' was never mentioned as a title anywhere by anyone prior to this.

Edited by Pele
  • Like 1