List of band guitarists

9 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Didn't he have a go at Bret Michael's wife? I might be wrong. 

It was the drummers missus.

He later said  "being in Poison helped me forget I was a musician". 😂

It was not a good fit (although I actually don't mind the one album he did with them).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

It was the drummers missus.

He later said  "being in Poison helped me forget I was a musician". 😂

It was not a good fit (although I actually don't mind the one album he did with them).

Ritchie Kotzen totally rules, wouldn't have fit in at all though. He's way too good, nice and talented to be Axl's bitch.

18 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Goal is to interview everyone on this list!

So far Gilby, Ryan Roxie, Gary Sunshine, and Richard Fortus. I did interview Bumble for my first radio job before Chinese came out, but he still doesn't want to come on a GNR-themed podcast. Either way, I have a long way to go to complete this list :) 

And the last one will be Mr. Izzy Stradlin. Haha!

• GNFNR 1

On 2/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, Blackstar said:

Izzy: Axl called me when he had the plan to play Rock In Rio. I don't believe that he hoped to reform the group as a whole because I am the only one that he called, but, in any event, I declined the offer. Maybe he estimated that his group was not good enough, all the same they had rather positive reviews on the whole. Axl is really a special type, he's too hard to manage. […] I already had this album in preparation and I prefer to leave on the road with my group, I find everything I need there without problems that occur when you're with Axl... 

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4708-2001-06-dd-guitar-bass-france-izzy-top

Interesting! Thanks a lot!

And do you know something about this one?
"- Izzy sort of returned briefly in 1995, did some demos with Duff."

He clarified on a later YouTube interview that nothing was set in stone regarding Slash and Duff when he left, but that the rumors were already starting to spread among the other band members and the road crew that it was the next step.

From what we've been told by moderators on this forum, Axl and management at least briefly pursued the idea of "CD II" coming out in 2016/2017 and that Axl was taking stock of what songs were ready and which needed more work; which was also corroborated by those tweets of Christ Pittman hanging out with Axl in the studio in 2015. Pittman had also mentioned on Facebook before that he was the "archivist" or sorts when it came to the band's studio sessions, so it make sense he'd be working alongside Axl on that process. Per certain wrestlers, the band had even settled on a replacement for Bumblefoot (possibly female) who had been recommended by DJ Ashba. Once DJ quit, however, things went into reunion mode. 

My guess has alwasy been that, had Axl decided to keep moving forward with the "nuGNR" lineups, we would have seen Slash hopping in and out of shows like Izzy did over the years. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 2/12/2021 at 11:49 AM, CAFC Nick said:

WOW! I can't imagine what Rhiad with Brian May would sound like!

What is the chance we'd ever hear this version? Thought about this again the other day and just thinking how of all the songs for the CD sessions that Brian could've played on, it ended up being Rhiad :P