Mark Canter podcast about G N' R's first 50 gigs

6 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Are the band agains Marc doing this then?

Marc can’t get the ‘sync rights’ to show the video/audio he has of the band - which is effectively a goldmine of material (seems like the band wouldn’t give permission).

That was a good few months ago so hopefully it has changed or will change.

8 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

No - there were 2 podcasts last year based on a gig and slash’s pre GNR bands. It was the success of them that led to what we are soon to get.

The website will likely still have old material from the book however - maybe you were looking at that stuff? The podcasts are definitely new (as of last year anyway). 👍

Last year is old :lol:

The podcast that Marc are working is still in the makin. 

8 hours ago, axlvai said:

Last year is old :lol:

The podcast that Marc are working is still in the makin. 

Yeah - but the two podcasts were the start and because of their success they have decided to improve and evolve them to be multi-platform. When you listen to them they say it’s a series/covering the 50 gigs etc. I’ve been following since the start when it was announced on Discord and chipped in with feedback and comments so im familiar with how it’s all evolved.

Have you listened to the two podcasts - what did you think?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - but the two podcasts were the start and because of their success they have decided to improve and evolve them to be multi-platform. When you listen to them they say it’s a series/covering the 50 gigs etc. I’ve been following since the start when it was announced on Discord and chipped in with feedback and comments so im familiar with how it’s all evolved.

Gimme some hours... im free tonite!!!!! Gunner nite!!!!

On 2/20/2021 at 7:26 AM, DTJ80 said:

Finally yes. Lastnite. I cant even write in english all that i think about it.

I liked it the 2nd type of format. 2 or more cameras but the zoom type too. We need to see all of it. 

I hope they release the posdcast via YT and special release in a bluray with extras with complete shows to buy. And of course... woth exclusive Axl interviews talking about that era.

47 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Finally yes. Lastnite. I cant even write in english all that i think about it.

I liked it the 2nd type of format. 2 or more cameras but the zoom type too. We need to see all of it. 

I hope they release the posdcast via YT and special release in a bluray with extras with complete shows to buy. And of course... woth exclusive Axl interviews talking about that era.

Yeah - agreed the 2nd type was better. It just seems that it grown from a small podcast into something much bigger which is great. I just wish/hope they get the rights to show and play decent footage!

I know they were interviewing Mike Clink and Tom Zutaut - that will be interesting! And like most things....they end up on YT eventually!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 5:46 PM, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - agreed the 2nd type was better. It just seems that it grown from a small podcast into something much bigger which is great. I just wish/hope they get the rights to show and play decent footage!

I know they were interviewing Mike Clink and Tom Zutaut - that will be interesting! And like most things....they end up on YT eventually!

What is the website that they are podcasting from? I tried to find it but just found the facebook page with teaser clips

On 3/3/2021 at 3:31 AM, Tom2112 said:

What is the website that they are podcasting from? I tried to find it but just found the facebook page with teaser clips

If memory serves right you needed to get a link from the e-mail you will have got if on the mailing list....that took you to the bit with the audio/video stuff?

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1