Myles Kennedy - The Ides of March (new solo album)

Streetchild

Myles Kennedy / Releases first song from ‘The Ides Of March’

Myles Kennedy has told MetalTalk that he will release his second solo album ‘The Ides Of March’ this 14 May, via Napalm Records. Today he has released the first song ‘In Stride’, a track built around his slide playing.

The album is set to showcase Myles’ love of Rock, Blues and Country music and looks to be another classic which has been inspired by and created during this COVID-19 crisis.

‘In Stride’ has Myles delivering a “take it all in stride” message.

Myles told MetalTalk: “Chill out. That pretty much sums it up.

“The lyric paints a picture of a survivalist preparing for an impending zombie apocalypse. It was inspired by the first wave of lockdowns as everyone was buying vast amounts of toilet paper and supplies.

“I started to ask myself if it might be wise to try and gain some perspective and not overreact… keep calm and carry on.”

Kennedy created the structure for the songs and then worked with friend and drummer Zia Uddin and bassist/manager Tim Tournier. The three recorded the album in Florida with longtime producer Michael “Elvis” Baskette.

The album features the title track ‘The Ides Of March’, which clocks in at over seven minutes.

The Ides Of March:

1) Get Along
2) A Thousand Words
3) In Stride
4) The Ides Of March
5) Wake Me When It’s Over
6) Love Rain Down
7) Tell It Like It Is
8) Moonshot
9) Wanderlust Begins
10) Sifting Through The Fire
11) Worried Mind

Available formats

– Digital Album
– 1 CD Jewel Case
– 1 CD Digipack (Napalm mailorder, limited to 500 worldwide)
– 2 LP Gatefold Black Vinyl
– 2 LP Gatefold Grey Vinyl (RoW only)
– 2 LP Gatefold Bottle Green Transparent Vinyl (Napalm mailorder, limited to 400 worldwide)
– Die Hard Limited Edition: 2 LP Gatefold Clear Splatter Mint/Violet/White Vinyl + Aluminium Print (Napalm mailorder, limited to 300 worldwide)
– Limited Deluxe Box: Glow In The Dark Vinyl + Cover Artprint + 7” Glow In The Dark “A Thousand Words” Vinyl Demo Single + Pendant + Slipmat (Napalm mailorder, limited to 700 worldwide)

Cover of Ides Of March by Myles Kennedy

https://www.metaltalk.net/myles-kennedy-releases-first-song-from-the-ides-of-march.php

Anyone else looking forward to this?

I really liked year of the tiger, so can't wait for this one. And I really like the first single.

• Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 9:55 AM, Mansin Humanity said:

you mean to tell me this isn't dropping on the 15th? dumb as hell

I thought the same thing. Must have been an issue to prevent that, as any person with any sense or logic would want it to be released on that day,

It's a good song.

I also wonder what Guns N' Roses' Ides Of March sounds like. Axl confirmed that song exists in 2008.

18 hours ago, Streetchild said:

Second song out now

I dig the hell out of that one. Sounds great! 

18 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I thought the same thing. Must have been an issue to prevent that, as any person with any sense or logic would want it to be released on that day,

It's a good song.

I also wonder what Guns N' Roses' Ides Of March sounds like. Axl confirmed that song exists in 2008.

Am I missing something here, what’s the big deal about coming out on the 15th May? 

14th May is a Friday, when most albums come out on Fridays these days. 

1 hour ago, metallex78 said:

I dig the hell out of that one. Sounds great! 

Am I missing something here, what’s the big deal about coming out on the 15th May? 

14th May is a Friday, when most albums come out on Fridays these days. 

Ides of March is acknowledged/celebrated on March 15th, it's sort of a holiday. 

More info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ides_of_March

EDIT: And I believe they were referring to the song being released on that day.

Edited by Sweersa

On 3/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, Sweersa said:

It's a good song.

We have this song (instrumental version) on the locker discs - it sounds really interesting. It might be Axl on the piano

• Like 1

9 hours ago, betterman said:

Its called Circus Maximus on the locker leaks!

Interesting, was this confirmed? I do like that song.

EDIT: I used Google, and answered my own question. Seems Circus Maximus is related to Rome and thus Ides of March.

Nice catch!

Edited by Sweersa

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...