Jump to content

So... No one here is gonna talk about what leaked yesterday?


Recommended Posts

Its a cool clip, but why people hoard this shit is beyond me. It's very very tiny niche circles where maybe it's worth money, and this stuff surely loses value the more GNR become insignificant within the industry and even fans not really giving a fuck now but enjoying snippets they haven't seen if it happens to pop up. That small niche circle must just get smaller and smaller too.

Cool clip, couldnt care less about the full show. Most of the performances then were same setlists throughout. I'd encourage hoarders to grow up and think the same lol, a grainy VHS show of tour we've all witnessed either in person or countless times through various media and bootlegs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They opened the first night with Coma, and played Locomotive on the second night. The third night is the one they chose to release.

fixed

That lineup with Fortus instead of Gilby, and the addition of Buckhethead with Melissa would be amazing, IMO.

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Got my hopes up for something great like The General or some other "new" song leaking.

I had a dream last night I worked with a hot woman to acquire The General. We got it on a flash drive and were making our escape. Great plot for a James Bond film.

That was no dream, it was a prophecy. Make it happen friend.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Its a cool clip, but why people hoard this shit is beyond me. It's very very tiny niche circles where maybe it's worth money, and this stuff surely loses value the more GNR become insignificant within the industry and even fans not really giving a fuck now but enjoying snippets they haven't seen if it happens to pop up. That small niche circle must just get smaller and smaller too.

Cool clip, couldnt care less about the full show. Most of the performances then were same setlists throughout. I'd encourage hoarders to grow up and think the same lol, a grainy VHS show of tour we've all witnessed either in person or countless times through various media and bootlegs.

What is the nature of Guns N' Roses bootleg community  Is it primarily person to person trade?  Does the person with the tape sell it to a distributor who recoups the cost through expensive releases in Japan?  How do new recordings get out there?

I'm not going to call myself an expert on the topic but I am somewhat familiar with the Led Zeppelin model.  I want to say most releases originated in Japan and in at least the early to mid-2000's were sold via semi-private email groups.  The cost for a single show (2 or 3 discs) I believe was at least $100 USD or more.  Once you include limited edition box sets, the price could get really high.  Eventually all recordings end up on websites like The Traders Den.  Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but the online bootleg community for Guns N" Roses, at least in comparison to the Led Zeppelin's, Grateful Dead, or any artist you'd find on the Trader's Den (The Traders' Den) doesn't seem very developed.  Or at least not an obsession with maintaining quality and documenting and protecting the lineage of the tape.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Interesting....what’s the chat here?

Not sure what you mean, but he's L!VE FREE, the old cd.com mod who has or had a bunch of material. MSL got Shackler's Revenge from him before leaking it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies - just my way of speaking! It meant - what’s the story behind your comment? 🤣

That interesting to know...I have seen that name before on the forums right enough.

Wasn’t there a story about a hoarder who unfortunately died....and with him went all the material?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be cool if the UYI anniversary box includes all 3 nights in tokyo (or atleast the official one with bonus tracks like coma, locomotive and any other song that wasnt played on the official release).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Walapino said:

It would be cool if the UYI anniversary box includes all 3 nights in tokyo (or atleast the official one with bonus tracks like coma, locomotive and any other song that wasnt played on the official release).

All 3 nights, are you mental? Maybe, just maybe, we'll get an alternate  version of "The Plague" and we'll better be grateful! 

Edited by El Guapo
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Walapino said:

It would be cool if the UYI anniversary box includes all 3 nights in tokyo (or atleast the official one with bonus tracks like coma, locomotive and any other song that wasnt played on the official release).

All the UYI box will contain is a bunch of shit no one really cares about, as evidenced by the Appetite anniversary box

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walapino said:

It would be cool if the UYI anniversary box includes all 3 nights in tokyo (or atleast the official one with bonus tracks like coma, locomotive and any other song that wasnt played on the official release).

Don't be greedy. You'll get the two UYI DVDs 'remastered', a patch for your sleeveless denim jacket, a bandanna to wear at your local karaoke night, and a stick-on tattoo to dazzle the opposite sex with. 

And if you don't buy it and like it it means you hate GNR and shouldn't be anywhere near a forum that discusses them. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Let's have some fun with it. I mean how shitty can they make the UYI box, if it's even coming at all? What would be the worst outcome possible?

Two UYI albums, UYI Tokyo DVD 1 and 2, and a disc of demos etc that are already widely circulating (Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack Flash etc). Then a few 'lithos' of artwork (so skeletons doing things like driving cars and riding skeleton horses), a poster of the album covers, and a book containing promo shots from the era. Price tag, $200. 

That's my guess of how poor they could potentially make it and it still be realistic. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Two UYI albums, UYI Tokyo DVD 1 and 2, and a disc of demos etc that are already widely circulating (Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack Flash etc). Then a few 'lithos' of artwork (so skeletons doing things like driving cars and riding skeleton horses), a poster of the album covers, and a book containing promo shots from the era. Price tag, $200. 

That's my guess of how poor they could potentially make it and it still be realistic. 

 

Maybe the remastered albums will somehow sound worse than the originals? Axl gives us a couple of newly recorded special effects and Izzy's parts completly gone, lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Two UYI albums, UYI Tokyo DVD 1 and 2, and a disc of demos etc that are already widely circulating (Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack Flash etc). Then a few 'lithos' of artwork (so skeletons doing things like driving cars and riding skeleton horses), a poster of the album covers, and a book containing promo shots from the era. Price tag, $200. 

That's my guess of how poor they could potentially make it and it still be realistic. 

 

I'm sure you're right on the money.

I'd much rather have a proper re-release of CD with the 3 covers.

UYI re-released with Matt's drums replaced by Frank.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

All the UYI box will contain is a bunch of shit no one really cares about, as evidenced by the Appetite anniversary box

I for one look forward to the possibility of a Use Your Illusion styled dish cloth to add to my ever growing collection of cotton based kitchen itenary! Throw in a key chain, a whistle, and a pen, I'm basically handing over a kidney for an advanced copy of that bad boy boxed set bonanza! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be UYI I & II in Cassette, LP and CD + a picture book of all of Axl's look throughout the tour, but they won't be real shots from 1991-1993, it will be a mannequin. It will also include a rare demo of My World.

 

$599 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Two UYI albums, UYI Tokyo DVD 1 and 2, and a disc of demos etc that are already widely circulating (Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack Flash etc). Then a few 'lithos' of artwork (so skeletons doing things like driving cars and riding skeleton horses), a poster of the album covers, and a book containing promo shots from the era. Price tag, $200. 

That's my guess of how poor they could potentially make it and it still be realistic. 

 

If we get anything better than Aint Goin Down with vocals I would be very surprised.

Fernando will probably punish fans for not making the AFD boxset sell out and go out of his way to make the new boxset as crappy as possible.

#TheNextChapter 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...