TEG’s Geoff Jones Talks Guns ‘N Roses Stadium Tour: 'Australia and New Zealand Can Lead The Way'

When they come down here we should force them to quarantine for 2 weeks in a recording studio.

I'm a bit surprised they apparently don't have to quarantine upon arrival? Not sure what the policy is tbh I'm sure certain groups like Americas Cup teams had to but then again Jon Favreau seemed to just pop over suddenly.

Still hoping and tbh expecting them to add more dates at least one in Auckland.

• Like 3

Sounds like the promoter needed a crash-test dummy to see if post-pandemic tours could sell, and seeing as how successful NITL was (at least internationally), they picked GnR to be that crash-test dummy. That’s how I interpreted the article, at least. And hey, if it works and everyone is able to stay safe, then more power to them, I guess. This leg of the tour is still late enough in the year that it might actually have a shot at happening.

North America and Europe, tho? Yeah, that shit is toast.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

They rehearsed Pretty Tied Up, Think About You and Hardschool in Mexico so hope they play them to "celebrate" their return. They rehearsing Hardschool in particular still seems surreal, it's the closest we've been to new music since the reunion started and then nothing happened.

Edited by North Korean Democracy
  • Like 1

I was literally just saying yesterday that I'm surprised bands haven't tried to tour Aus/NZ🤣

Aa far as banda returning to the road, along as it's done safely I think it's great.

As far as gnr returning to the road... I guess we'll see. I hope people enjoy it but I just hope that they don't continue where they left off. I hope that "the next chapter" actually starts there, and that the next chapter includes new material. They said they can't release music without playing live, so... here they have the dates that are looking fairly likely... the excuse machine is about to get loaded up. "All things considered it's a miracle we're going these dates, hopefully we can start to look at the new record next year".

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I was literally just saying yesterday that I'm surprised bands haven't tried to tour Aus/NZ🤣

Aa far as banda returning to the road, along as it's done safely I think it's great.

As far as gnr returning to the road... I guess we'll see. I hope people enjoy it but I just hope that they don't continue where they left off. I hope that "the next chapter" actually starts there, and that the next chapter includes new material. They said they can't release music without playing live, so... here they have the dates that are looking fairly likely... the excuse machine is about to get loaded up. "All things considered it's a miracle we're going these dates, hopefully we can start to look at the new record next year".

Yeah I’m surprised too. On Sunday night I’m going to see Midnight Oil play here at an outdoor venue that can hold around 10 000 people so the domestic market here in Australia is starting to ramp up a bit. But I’m surprised that no overseas bands are coming here sooner to get back into touring and making money.

10 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

Yeah I’m surprised too. On Sunday night I’m going to see Midnight Oil play here at an outdoor venue that can hold around 10 000 people so the domestic market here in Australia is starting to ramp up a bit. But I’m surprised that no overseas bands are coming here sooner to get back into touring and making money.

I guess they are hoping Japan or somewhere else opens up too, so they can maximise profit. But I guess they took their bets with europe for this year and now there isn't time to course correct. Australia night finally get a decent run of bands, seems to be the forgotten country and main one for bands cancelling😅

12 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

Problem is some of our states will lock down everyone for 1 covid case.

Imagine if a band books the tour, comes over and gets locked out of the other states it planned to tour. Its a big risk on a bands part atm.

Saying that i saw harry styles and kiss also release tours this week for nov/dec aus shows. 

14 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

It's a tricky one Australia- it's fairly isolated in terms of touring. Going there it's difficult to tie in other dates in different locations without incurring significant expense, which means it often, sadly, means it isn't financial viable. Or not deemed profitable enough. 

Basically....it comes down to money and logistics. 

19 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It's a tricky one Australia- it's fairly isolated in terms of touring. Going there it's difficult to tie in other dates in different locations without incurring significant expense, which means it often, sadly, means it isn't financial viable. Or not deemed profitable enough. 

Basically....it comes down to money and logistics. 

Yeah good points above. With Australia they can only really tie in New Zealand on the tour with some reasonable certainty. In term of the financial impact on the band themselves, having wankers like me fork out $500 a ticket is really just putting the financial burden on the consumer, and more than likely the promoter absorbs the risk.So the band should be fine. 

Edited by DownUnderScott