Use Your Illusion 30 Year Anniversary Reissues

49 minutes ago, username said:

My guess on what it'll include:
- UYI 1 and 2
- Tokyo 92 DVD's (UYI 1 and 2 DVD's)
- A few demo's 
- TSI
- tons of fake recreated crap memorabilia 

So yeah, woldn't want to get my hopes up for that one. 

I wonder if we'll get it in 2022 already, only one year late, like AFD.

(And please update your sig!)

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Why were they so evasive about who played on that SOYL? Was there ever a good speculative reason for it? 

Adler claimed it wasn't him, Frank wouldn't comment, etc etc. Why the need for secrecy on it? 

If I recall correctly, GNR always said it was an old recording and nothing was re-recorded. So that would be Steven. But Steven said it wasn't him. Hence the doubts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

If I recall correctly, GNR always said it was an old recording and nothing was re-recorded. So that would be Steven. But Steven said it wasn't him. Hence the doubts.

Yeah, I think that was it. But then you throw in Frank's 'no comment' too (when he could easily have just said it wasn't him) and you've got more confusion! 

I always thought it must be an old recording personally, as I can't see any reason for it not to be. 

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Why were they so evasive about who played on that SOYL? Was there ever a good speculative reason for it? 

Adler claimed it wasn't him, Frank wouldn't comment, etc etc. Why the need for secrecy on it? 

For me the first time I heard it, I didn't need any info on it it was clearly Frank on drums (this weird dude that really after all this years doesn't fit in Guns N'Roses) and Slash just playing the old solo with another quitar (a Les Paul of course) that's it. Question solved 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreverguns said:

For me the first time I heard it, I didn't need any info on it it was clearly Frank on drums (this weird dude that really after all this years doesn't fit in Guns N'Roses) and Slash just playing the old solo with another quitar (a Les Paul of course) that's it. Question solved 

Weird. This is what I mean - people think totally different things, and there's no official 'personnel' listing for it. I just can't see a reason for being really clear about it! 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

It will go down like this:
1. There will be a new single consisting in an old unreleased demo with a polished sound. Rumbo Tapes and the likes. 
2. We'll be suspicious as to who recorded let's say the drum track for this. 
3. Wel'll ask Frank. He'll say "That's a question for the management". 
4. We'll ask the official band manager (i.e. on Reddit). 
5. He'll reply after a few months, saying "Move on". 
End of story.
But I don't think such a thing could happen, right? 

If they do rerecord anything it'll be pretty obvious.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Because they were trying to pass it off as an old demo, but it was definitely rerecorded.

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

Because they were trying to pass it off as an old demo, but it was definitely rerecorded.

You'd think the cache of a re-recording would be higher than an old demo though wouldn't you? It would in my world anyway! 

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Well apparently, it (SOYL) was only pretty obvious to some. What actually made it quite obvious was that Frank's weird comment. If it wasn't the case, he would have just said "no, I didn't touch it", wouldn't he. It's just lame how they communicate... 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What is the MSFL remasters?

they are remasters by a third party (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab)

It is a niche thing to most people because the only changed are that they gave more dynamic range

In the case of GNR, it helps songs with loud parts and way quieter parts like Estranged, Civil War, Coma. However for listening in the car not very good because in the car ideally to be equally loud all the time to hear over the road noise. But for headphone users and listening at home its great

The kick and the bass are slightly more punchier.

Edited by Mendez

9 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I think Steven was confused thinking it was a new recording and so not him. Frank probably knows Axl doesn't want him or anyone else going around talking about Steven being on the recording hence the "No comment."

Steven should know by now, right?  I mean should he get some money from this if it was him?  surely he saw a paycheck by now??