Jump to content

Recommended Posts

In the complete absence of anything to talk about, I thought I'd start a thread for something a couple of us were discussing elsewhere - namely the 'Monstrosity' song. 

From what we know:  

The 'CD single' was a fake. 

There are rumours of a genuine track existing called 'Monstrosity'. 

Evader made a song called 'Monstrosity' by using bits of 'Scraped'. 

The genuine GNR version (if it exists) has never leaked. 

 

Anyone else know anything more about this? 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We know the title originated from MSL's 2011 video, and the other previously unknown tracks he mentioned (Tonto, Goin Down, Cuban Skies) have been confirmed legit. We also know it's not another name for Soul Monster since he mentioned both separately. I also don't believe he actually had the tracks as he claimed, simply a list of the songs from Axl's laptop, which is likely the same list Sweersa saw in 2008.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

We know the title originated from MSL's 2011 video, and the other previously unknown tracks he mentioned (Toto, Goin Down, Cuban Skies) have been confirmed legit. 

Who confirmed Toto was real?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Who confirmed Toto was real?

An instrumental of it leaked as part of the 2019 Village "locker" leaks.

It is also listed here:

NAxk5s.jpg

I have a funny feeling Monstrocity is Zodiac 13.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

An album full of songs like Zodiac, State of Grace, Tonto, OMG, Realdoll, Circus Maximus, etc. would've been incredible with the '02 lineup.

Yeah but I have a feeling that’s not really the kinda album Axl wanted to make.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

An album full of songs like Zodiac, State of Grace, Tonto, OMG, Realdoll, Circus Maximus, etc. would've been incredible with the '02 lineup.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Missed opportunity of a lifetime. That is Guns N' Roses. (Unfortunately)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah but I have a feeling that’s not really the kinda album Axl wanted to make.

or that at least it was for a while until he changed his mind again

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah but I have a feeling that’s not really the kinda album Axl wanted to make.

I think it was and then it wasn't and he might actually be back to square one thinking that those original first versions are now the superior versions... if you sit on material and tweak it for 20 years, you are bound to change your mind. A lot of artists who have had long gestations periods with records often say "we went through a lot of ideas and versions of songs looking for something, and then one day we listened to the tracks we cut at the start of the session and there was the sound after all" 😄 I guess with all the people in his ear saying "This is the sound" "Oh that's not the sound" "There's only 1 good song on here" left Axl wandering around completely unsure of himself. Why he's waited this long to follow up Chinese is beyond me though. It was received mildly, yet he doubled down on it and pushed the material out front on the subsequent tours. you would think with that attitude that he would have doubled down that bit more and released the next set of songs. ANYWAY... he didn't and it's been discussed, it's just sometimes you think about it and you can't understand anything about it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Toto definitely is real - and there are two other leaks somehow associated with it: Africa and Rosanna (you can find them on torrents or in VIP clubs). 

:lol::lol::lol: 

Sorry 

 

Used to love both of those songs actually. Africa is the first classic song ruined by overexposure in memes, it won't be the last I'm afraid.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Used to love both of those songs actually. Africa is the first classic song ruined by overexposure in memes, it won't be the last I'm afraid.

Totally agree, great songs. Toto is one of those faceless bands, like Blue Oyster Cult or The Alan Parson's project, but great nonetheless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Toto definitely is real - and there are two other leaks somehow associated with it: Africa and Rosanna (you can find them on torrents or in VIP clubs). 

:lol::lol::lol: 

Sorry 

 

Bobby Kimble is still doing the rounds. What he lacks in voice, he makes up in moustache!

I still remember when the chap posted the image of the supposed single. It looked legit, but very easy to do with the right tools. I'd love to know the title of the song Baz raved on about that Axl and DJ wrote together.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think it was and then it wasn't and he might actually be back to square one thinking that those original first versions are now the superior versions... if you sit on material and tweak it for 20 years, you are bound to change your mind. A lot of artists who have had long gestations periods with records often say "we went through a lot of ideas and versions of songs looking for something, and then one day we listened to the tracks we cut at the start of the session and there was the sound after all" 😄 I guess with all the people in his ear saying "This is the sound" "Oh that's not the sound" "There's only 1 good song on here" left Axl wandering around completely unsure of himself. Why he's waited this long to follow up Chinese is beyond me though. It was received mildly, yet he doubled down on it and pushed the material out front on the subsequent tours. you would think with that attitude that he would have doubled down that bit more and released the next set of songs. ANYWAY... he didn't and it's been discussed, it's just sometimes you think about it and you can't understand anything about it.

I think Axl probably has a few batches of songs that he likes to update and tweak so maybe he just added Slash and Duff to existing cd era material and that is essentially most of the album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dean said:

Bobby Kimble is still doing the rounds. What he lacks in voice, he makes up in moustache!

I still remember when the chap posted the image of the supposed single. It looked legit, but very easy to do with the right tools. I'd love to know the title of the song Baz raved on about that Axl and DJ wrote together.

 

Bobby is not doing the rounds much, he has dementia. Live as hard as that man, and you are bound to have trouble... not even an awesome moustache could ward off time.

You can't trust Baz. 1. his solo material is bit crap, so the quality metre is clearly off 2. He thinks everything is rad 3. he kisses Axls ass 4. He just wants to tour with GNR 5. he was probably drunk so his memory is probably a bit questionable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Bobby is not doing the rounds much, he has dementia. Live as hard as that man, and you are bound to have trouble... not even an awesome moustache could ward off time.

You can't trust Baz. 1. his solo material is bit crap, so the quality metre is clearly off 2. He thinks everything is rad 3. he kisses Axls ass 4. He just wants to tour with GNR 5. he was probably drunk so his memory is probably a bit questionable.

That is extremely disappointing to hear, I haven't really been paying attention to what he's been up to, along with other artists, since Corona took hold. The last I seen, he was touring around with his band doing all the hits from Toto among other things. Horrible disease.

When Baz talks about Guns N' Roses, I think he's always been on point, to a degree, at least throughout the Chinese era. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Bobby is not doing the rounds much, he has dementia. Live as hard as that man, and you are bound to have trouble... not even an awesome moustache could ward off time.

You can't trust Baz. 1. his solo material is bit crap, so the quality metre is clearly off 2. He thinks everything is rad 3. he kisses Axls ass 4. He just wants to tour with GNR 5. he was probably drunk so his memory is probably a bit questionable.

 

1 hour ago, Dean said:

That is extremely disappointing to hear, I haven't really been paying attention to what he's been up to, along with other artists, since Corona took hold. The last I seen, he was touring around with his band doing all the hits from Toto among other things. Horrible disease.

When Baz talks about Guns N' Roses, I think he's always been on point, to a degree, at least throughout the Chinese era. 

Wiki says this was announced in 2019. However, the latest album he released was in 2016 - still better than Axl's 2008!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Axl played his vault for Baz before CD came out, is my understanding. That's when Baz mentioned how much he liked the one called The General. 

I would love to listen to what Axl has stashed away from the CD era. I would guess at least 2 albums worth of complete songs. (Outside of the 2008 album) At the very least, 1.5 albums worth of songs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I would love to listen to what Axl has stashed away from the CD era.

Couldn't agree more. It drives me crazy that this stuff exists! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...