DJ Ashba discusses what he did with his GNR money

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

There's another way that you can say you learned how to be careful with my money😄 it's just boastful. I've seen Sammy Hagar talk about his flashy cars, and never does it sound boastful. This Ashba interview just rubs the wrong way.

It's in his nature to be annoying. :D

10 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

This is a disrespectful thread in that the only reason for its existence is to thrash somebody, totally pointless and disappointing.

No, it was started by someone linking to a public interview and  features people discussing what was said in that interview. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

This is a disrespectful thread in that the only reason for its existence is to thrash somebody, totally pointless and disappointing.

No, the thread is about an interview DJ chose to do. People posting here will have varying reactions to what he said but ultimately the purpose of an interview is self publicity so people read and talk about it. I'm sure DJ knows that as well as anyone.

Individual posts that cross a line and break forum rules can and should be reported but I've not seen that so far on the thread.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

DJ disrespects the guitar every time he attempts to play it. Based on the interview he is also arrogant, although he disguises it as humbleness, and clearly delusional. He wants people to applaud his material possessions, probably because those are more worthwhile than his EDM career.

Also using a credit card doesn't mean you're spending more than you earn if you're using it correctly, so he's also just stupid.

It is quite the difficult task to find something about him to like. I guess maybe his water might taste okay?

Nicely put. He's a wanker.

On 3/14/2021 at 9:02 AM, Sweersa said:

I sort of get that though, but to a much lesser extent. He shows a good point.

Just because someone can afford car X, doesn't mean they can really afford it long term.

Soon, as in 12-24 months, I'll need a new vehicle that fits a certain criteria. My use is more practical, but everyone also wants their new car to look good.

I was thinking about a $60,000 Mercedes Benz SUV, because where I live 4x4 or AWD is necessary, but instead, am now thinking of a 4x4 Ford Ranger for half the price. The latter makes most sense in my situation. Sure, the Ranger won't look as cool as a Benz, but it is probably more capable in my area (un-plowwed roads are common, we have rough winters) and looks good enough and for half the price, I'm cool with that.

Like with many things in life, it's all relative. I have driven shit boxes all my life and I'm over 30, so want to treat myself to something nicer, not brand new, but something a few years old, and pay it all with cash too because I don't believe in taking out loans. (Except for my house, but still it's always better to have no debt)

Good for you and smart choice.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 12:50 PM, RussTCB said:

Another complaint about the forum from you?? I'm shocked! 

Dont you remember I tried to set up a thread to discuss the positive stuff regarding Guns but had no takers.  When there is a thread that becomes negative there is no end of contributers, I wonder why that is...I suspect there are a few who like DJ but dare not voice their opinion...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2021 at 4:05 AM, DurhamGirl said:

Dont you remember I tried to set up a thread to discuss the positive stuff regarding Guns but had no takers.  When there is a thread that becomes negative there is no end of contributers, I wonder why that is...I suspect there are a few who like DJ but dare not voice their opinion...

This thread isn't about whether there's anything to like about DJ. It's about an interview where DJ gave some ridiculous and off putting answers to questions regarding how he spends his money. 

The negativity towards DJ in the thread comes from the insanely poor answers he gave to the questions in an attempt to look cool. 

As for your thread; there were replies to the thread but the fact that you choose not to acknowledge them shows your mindset. If you're looking for negativity, that's what you'll see. 

Edited by RussTCB

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This thread isn't about whether there's anything to like about DJ. It's about an interview where DJ gave some ridiculous and off putting answers to questions regarding how he spends his money. 

The negativity towards DJ in the thread comes from the insanely poor answers he gave to the questions in an attempt to look cool. 

As for your thread; there were replies to the thread but the fact those you choose not to acknowledge them shows your mindset. If you're looking for negativity, that's what you'll see. 

? ok.

• Haha 1