If you could change ONE thing about the current state of GNR...

If you could have only ONE of these things...  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

afd 5 reunite for a final album

Plus Sorum and special guest,  GilbyC.

End GnR full circle.

Good rock  n roll music, but lyrically mature of course. Musically, better because they have grown since 1980s. 

• Like 3

For me it would be for Axl to wake up and forget he ever met Team Brazil and put an end to their grifting once and for all.

When you look at the nose dive Axl's career took once they came into his life it is staggering.

Beta tells Yoko to hold her beer when it comes to ability to break up a band.

2 minutes ago, Anju said:

I wish there would be some kind of communication with us fans, and the vault stuff being released. 

Agree with this. 

13 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

A healthy, fit and normal weight Axl Rose. This improves other things such as motivation, discipline & voice

And this. 

I'm fairly new to regularly visiting this forum, but my general observation is that there is a lot of goodwill towards the band, but that it is fast decreasing fast, and the lack of communication is a massive factor. Tool took 13 years to release album... which was infuriating... but they engage with their fans. 

I have to choose Axl sounding like '87-'93 The main reason i first got into GNR was Axl's voice, it's now the main reason for not buying tickets. I can put up with the stale setlists if he could still sound good but that ain't happening. GNR are now an old band that i listen to when i feel nostalgic, so not that often.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This. 

This. This. 😄

Actually, “ new music or GTFO “ should be the correct answer to any question now.

Q/ What do you think of having two keyboardists in the band?

A/ new music or GTFO

Q/ Do you think Steven Adler should be back in the band?

A/ new music or GTFO

Q/ What song do you think they should open with when touring begins again?

A/ new music or GTFO

Q/ What do you think the title of their next children’s story book should be?

A/ new music or GTFO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Line up

Frank, Fartus, Mel - out

Sorum, Gilby/Iz - in

I love how Izzy "was GNR" but then you see him easily replaced by Gilby in possible reunion situations, when Gilby is just a less technical (but likeable) version of Richard😄 GNR fan logic, amazing! if Richard was in the UYI line up and now Gilby was in NITL everybody would be saying "gilbys basic, they need to get Richard back" and it has nothing to do with the player, it's all about nostalgia. The UYI and AFD line ups are never returning EVEN if they do get back together. Those types of performances will never be repeated again, so enjoy the filmed concerts and if you want to enjoy live GNR go see the current band... I know they aren't as good, but it is what it is. 

Also... the idea that having a new line up would actually change anything is also laughable. New line doesn't change how Axl sings, doesn't bring new music... probably includes a new set though. I'll finish by saying that Sorum isn't user friendly to the guys in GNR. He's a guy they can play with for odd occasions, but they like playing with drummers that don't have ego issues. Izzy, well he doesn't want to tour consistently like GNR do, so he automatically means they need another guitar player in the wings... also, he obviously was offered a role in NITL, but he was more interested in the bottom line than coming playing a few shows here and there we can't say one's in it for the money and not say it about the other. If Izzy was all about the music, he would have joined them like Steven who publicly said he'd do it for free. I don't know what they offered him, it was lower than what he wanted though, I also don't know the extent of his involvement but highly doubt he was going to sign on for every show from 2016-2020 judging by his own solo touring inactivity.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I love how Izzy "was GNR" but then you see him easily replaced by Gilby in possible reunion situations, when Gilby is just a less technical (but likeable) version of Richard😄 GNR fan logic, amazing! if Richard was in the UYI line up and now Gilby was in NITL everybody would be saying "gilbys basic, they need to get Richard back" and it has nothing to do with the player, it's all about nostalgia. The UYI and AFD line ups are never returning EVEN if they do get back together. Those types of performances will never be repeated again, so enjoy the filmed concerts and if you want to enjoy live GNR go see the current band... I know they aren't as good, but it is what it is. 

Also... the idea that having a new line up would actually change anything is also laughable. New line doesn't change how Axl sings, doesn't bring new music... probably includes a new set though. I'll finish by saying that Sorum isn't user friendly to the guys in GNR. He's a guy they can play with for odd occasions, but they like playing with drummers that don't have ego issues. Izzy, well he doesn't want to tour consistently like GNR do, so he automatically means they need another guitar player in the wings... also, he obviously was offered a role in NITL, but he was more interested in the bottom line than coming playing a few shows here and there we can't say one's in it for the money and not say it about the other. If Izzy was all about the music, he would have joined them like Steven who publicly said he'd do it for free. I don't know what they offered him, it was lower than what he wanted though, I also don't know the extent of his involvement but highly doubt he was going to sign on for every show from 2016-2020 judging by his own solo touring inactivity.

uhmmmm...no, just no. there is much more to playing in a band than being just 'technical'.

maybe some would. but there would always be some when it omes weather/cars/women/beverages/food.

1 hour ago, Frankfurt93 said:

uhmmmm...no, just no. there is much more to playing in a band than being just 'technical'.

maybe some would. but there would always be some when it omes weather/cars/women/beverages/food.

1 hour ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Well of course some would have liked it, just like some don't like the current line up

4 minutes ago, Finck2006 said:

I would agree Tobias for Slash

So you have Richard lead and Paul rhythm guitar

I'd also pursue the option of Gary Sunshine on fourth guitar. Also intrigued by the idea of Josh Freese and Brain both on drums. Think that would work. I'm thinking a third keyboardist as well, specifically adding sub-bass on all tracks.

47 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

I'd also pursue the option of Gary Sunshine on fourth guitar. Also intrigued by the idea of Josh Freese and Brain both on drums. Think that would work. I'm thinking a third keyboardist as well, specifically adding sub-bass on all tracks.

Still  It will work better than the current crap.

Ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2021 at 5:37 PM, Tom2112 said:

Absolutely not. Leave AFD 5 alone. That is best wished for but never happening like Sting Vs The Undertaker (for you Rastlin' fans). Would not live up the expectations like NITL didn't, so leave well enough alone.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you. AFD5 are absolute legends and they’re all still in decent shape. Why the hell not do it for the fans? It doesn’t have to be a full blown reunion. A one off mini tour or live stream would satisfy most older fans and bring a sense of closure. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1