Things that have happened since the last officially released GNR song-

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Wasn't the "rerecorded" version of Shadow Of Your Love released as a single during the build up to the Locked N' Loaded boxset or doesn't that count?

Was this actually confirmed that it was re-recorded?

There's too much to list, honestly.

My favourite artist just announced he's dropping 4 projects next month - 2 collab albums and 2 full solo albums. He's got a 3rd album dropping a couple months later (produced by Shooter Jennings) plus a full movie to accompany the album he's releasing at the end of April... and he's already released 1 collab album earlier this year.

Meanwhile, here we are with GNR... :jerkoff:

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'll start,

1. 4 US Presidents
2. 2 pandemics (and it is very likely this one will end before they put out a record)
3. An entire Star Wars trilogy (and now 2 seasons of a TV show and 2 spin off movies)
4. 5 Olympics (would have been 6 if not for you know what)
5. 3 World Cups
6. 2 Triple Crown Winners
7. 4 Slash solo albums (will surely be 5 soon)
8. Black Sabbath reunited, released a record, and disbanded
9. Van Halen put out an album 9 years ago, Eddie died months ago
10. The final NuGNR lineup formed and toured for four years
11. GNR reunited 5 years ago, has played over 100 concerts
12. Almost the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe came out (Iron Man and the Hulk predated ChiDem)
13. We have had 2 different actors play Batman with a third on the way
14. We have had 2 different actors play Spider-Man
15. I had a 4 and a half year long relationship, now I am in in year 6 of another relationship
16. I started and graduated college. I graduated 7 years ago...
17. Axl was in AC/DC, then he wasn't. They released a record before and after, too

What else?

You're obviously forgetting the BRAND NEW SONG "Shadow of Your Love" that was released on the value priced AFD sets! 

• Haha 2

A lunatic reality TV star ran for president of the USA, got in, became more and more unhinged, got voted out, went even more bonkers, caused a siege in Washington and got impeached twice. 

I know you sort of covered that with the '4 US presidents' thing, but I just wanted to type it out as it sounds so utterly insane! 

• Haha 3

Top 10 that come to mind:

Almost every guy in Hollywood got outed as a sex offender.

John Frusciante left the chili peppers and then came back (and they released three albums while he was gone).

U2 released two albums and then Bono had a horrible accident that destroyed his arm and then he recovered and then they put out another album and resumed touring.

A bunch of late night talk show hosts retired and/or moved around.

The Portugal soccer team finally won a championship (and a bunch of other sports shit happened too, of course).

The Rolling Stones put out a covers album.

Billy Corgan reunited with MOST of the original smashing pumpkins lineup.

A bunch of other bands announced reunion tours that woulda happened by now had it not been for covid.

Steve Perry put out his first album in like 22 years.

A bunch of celebrities died (like Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington, just to name a few).

Edited by rocknroll41

MySpace was still a thing, and Instagram hadn't launched yet.

Apple released the following iPhone models: 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Mini, and 12 Pro Max. The iPhone models release prior to the last officially released GN'R song: iPhone, 3G. 

The first modern tablet had not yet launched. 

• Like 1

... 2021 and there are still fans who do not know that there is a fourth official version of KOHD, because the promotional single "remix" of the song from the soundtrack of the film Days of Thunder is absolutely different than the version of that disc, but for 30 years almost everyone believed they were the same.

I mean, in the absence of new material, another version of an old song, but this time, "official" and not botleg.

Edited by Inamible