Things that have happened since the last officially released GNR song-

8 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Was this actually confirmed that it was re-recorded?

in my opinion sounds like they just put some samples on the snare and kick and compressed the actual stems in a more modern way (that effectively reduces dynamic range on purpose)

And sounds like Slash recorded some new leads, bc his sound was way more saturated back then, but on the record sounds like his modern tone

the "hoos" seem new

Edited by Mendez

11 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

Rangers won their 55th league title.

Probably would have been better mentioning that you lot won 3IAR, died, ceased to exist in Scottish Football, formed a newco and then made the greatest jump to the top flight of Scottish Football, second only to Brooks Mileson's Gretna, throwing in all the accolades you won this season alone too - 55 league titles, Ryder Cup, Community Shield, Champions League, released AC/DC's PWR/UP etc etc. A never ending list.

2 hours ago, Mendez said:

in my opinion sounds like they just put some samples on the snare and kick and compressed the actual stems in a more modern way (that effectively reduces dynamic range on purpose)

And sounds like Slash recorded some new leads, bc his sound was way more saturated back then, but on the record sounds like his modern tone

the "hoos" seem new

Plus, Adler is adamant that it is definitely not him behind the kit. The man has his flaws, but he has always known his craft. Throw in Frank's refusal to answer the question by saying "that's a question for management". Very odd.

12 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

When was the last song even released? Are you counting CD?

Chinese Democracy was released as a single wasn't it?

58 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

what is the last officially released GNR song?

I remember artwork for a Street of Dreams single. A photograph of an Asian woman smoking. I don't know if it was fake. 

26 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Chinese Democracy was released as a single wasn't it?

I remember artwork for a Street of Dreams single. A photograph of an Asian woman smoking. I don't know if it was fake. 

Street of Dreams was a promo release, the same with Better. Chinese was officially released as a 7" single

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Street of Dreams was a promo release, the same with Better. Chinese was officially released as a 7" single

Wasn't Chinese just a promo too? I don;t remember it being commercially available - it came free with a pre-order of the album from HMV. I don't think it's got a barcode on it or anything. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Wasn't Chinese just a promo too? I don;t remember it being commercially available - it came free with a pre-order of the album from HMV. I don't think it's got a barcode on it or anything. 

I have many different CD "single" discs. Not sure when I'll  be able to check. Out of them all, only one strikes me as possibly having a bar code. I don't think it's American though.

I'll try to pull a photo tonight or tomorrow. One hell of a work week.

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I have many different CD "single" discs. Not sure when I'll  be able to check. Out of them all, only one strikes me as possibly having a bar code. I don't think it's American though.

I'll try to pull a photo tonight or tomorrow. One hell of a work week.

I can't recall whether my 7" has or not, but I don't think it does. I certainly got it for free with CD, which was the only way to get it, so I can't see why they'd put a barcode on it. 

I would check myself, but it's packed away with some other records at my parents house. Can't imagine my Dad would take enthusiastically to rooting through my old possessions looking for it to satisfy my curiosity! "Well, it's about time you got rid of all this stuff from our house anyway, now you mention it- we're not a storage facility" etc etc! 

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

What's the difference?

The promos weren't officially released, maybe just handed to radio stations for air play etc, though what Allwaystired says below could also be correct with Chinese being a promo.

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You are correct good sir. I just checked the back of mine, no barcode and "for promotional use only". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dean said:

The promos weren't officially released, maybe just handed to radio stations for air play etc, though what Allwaystired says below could also be correct with Chinese being a promo.

You are correct good sir. I just checked the back of mine, no barcode and "for promotional use only". 

Good to know my memory and brain are still (remotely) functioning after a year of lockdown! 

So, essentially, no single was ever properly released- just promo copies to radio stations etc? That's mad - especially as at the time the market for physical copies of singles was still pretty active. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Good to know my memory and brain are still (remotely) functioning after a year of lockdown! 

So, essentially, no single was ever properly released- just promo copies to radio stations etc? That's mad - especially as at the time the market for physical copies of singles was still pretty active. 

Technically there actually was an official CD release for the title track. Although in typical GNR style it is the most half arsed attempt possible. No artwork, no b-side, so completely pointless.

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Chinese-Democracy/release/1913938

Since CD came out, German football club RB Leipzig was founded, promoted from the 5th division all the way up to the Bundesliga, qualified for the Champions League 3 times and played one Champions League semifinal 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Technically there actually was an official CD release for the title track. Although in typical GNR style it is the most half arsed attempt possible. No artwork, no b-side, so completely pointless.

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Chinese-Democracy/release/1913938

I genuinely don't remember that getting released, let alone seeing it available in shops! 

16 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Since Chinese Democracy came out Oasis split up and the Gallaghers have released 7 albums, which is the same amount as Oasis released from 1994 to 2008.

Next year, in the same time since GNR last released a song, Oasis released their entire studio recorded output of 26 singles, over 50 b-sides, 7 studio albums, and numerous live albums, DVDs and compilations, then split up the following year. 

That is absolutely astonishing really. If that doesn't highlight the wasted GNR time, nothing will. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I can't recall whether my 7" has or not, but I don't think it does. I certainly got it for free with CD, which was the only way to get it, so I can't see why they'd put a barcode on it. 

I would check myself, but it's packed away with some other records at my parents house. Can't imagine my Dad would take enthusiastically to rooting through my old possessions looking for it to satisfy my curiosity! "Well, it's about time you got rid of all this stuff from our house anyway, now you mention it- we're not a storage facility" etc etc! 

Hahaha

Mine are all CDs. 

From memory, one is American, one UK (they look similar), the coolest one is Japanese, uses the 2006 logo, which is my fav, and another is German if I remember correctly, with a purple/red/maroon sleeve. 

The latter is the only one that could have a barcode. The American singles for sure don't. They are just simple CDs with empty, clear cases. The British ones are similar, but they have CD case covers at least, though basic. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

Obviously most of you have little appreciation for the strategic vision of pivoting away from music and towards KISS level of merchandising...

And why are we discounting the Axl line of signature watches?

57694325-guns-n-roses-frontman-axl-rose-

Did you all not spend the $120k on Axl's newest offering?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1