Things that have happened since the last officially released GNR song-

12 minutes ago, downzy said:

Obviously most of you have little appreciation for the strategic vision of pivoting away from music and towards KISS level of merchandising...

And why are we discounting the Axl line of signature watches?

57694325-guns-n-roses-frontman-axl-rose-

Did you all not spend the $120k on Axl's newest offering?  

I really like watches. I haven't really gotten into the hobby because its expensive (my most expensive watch right now is only $400), but I could see myself getting 1 or 2 $1000 and up watches in my life.

That thing is atrocious and I dont care what the engineering is, 120k is fucked

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Next year, in the same time since GNR last released a song, Oasis released their entire studio recorded output of 26 singles, over 50 b-sides, 7 studio albums, and numerous live albums, DVDs and compilations, then split up the following year. 

That is absolutely astonishing really. If that doesn't highlight the wasted GNR time, nothing will. 

Wow, that one blows my mind. I remember when they broke up. Oasis already seemed like an "old" established band to me in 2008. The time from 1995- 2008 seemed like a billion years (because I was a kid), whereas I can remember everything from 2008- now. Time is a bitch

Not to mention we got a new old song from Oasis in 2020. To add to the thread, since 2008 we also got the forming and disbanding of Beady Eye and a fully fledged solo comeback from Liam with multiple releases, tours, and singles.

I'd also put more money on Noel getting his head out of his arse, reuniting with Liam for an album and tour, and then going back to his High Flying Egos all before we see a new album from Guns N' Roses.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Wow, that one blows my mind. I remember when they broke up. Oasis already seemed like an "old" established band to me in 2008. The time from 1995- 2008 seemed like a billion years (because I was a kid), whereas I can remember everything from 2008- now. Time is a bitch

It is incredible isn't it? They had their entire recorded career in the same time it took GNR to not manage the release of a single song. 

I bet there's even more extreme examples than this to be honest, as Oasis weren't even particularly prolific! 

7 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Warning sad story!

I bought Chinece Democracy as a healthy young boy. Today kidney failure and on dialysis for 7 years ^^. It was a hemolysis blood disease (genetically). Now i wait for a kidney donor (Eurotransplant)  and a new album. Let's see what comes first.

I'm fine, don't worry... I work part time as a Social Care Worker

But It's crazy to think about.

Goo!! :thumbsup:

52 minutes ago, downzy said:

Obviously most of you have little appreciation for the strategic vision of pivoting away from music and towards KISS level of merchandising...

And why are we discounting the Axl line of signature watches?

57694325-guns-n-roses-frontman-axl-rose-

Did you all not spend the $120k on Axl's newest offering?  

Ha!

If he's spending 120k on watches no wonder he tours so much. imagine, buy a house or get this over the top time piece🤔 Who exactly is this marketed too?

"If you are really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus, 'cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."

He was onto something back then, dude's in no hurry to satisfy fan needs to this day, other than concerts I guess. I bet he'd probably scrap all the takes by the old NuGuns players and ask Slash/Duff to add their thing to the songs. That would add even more delay to the album. IF there is even one in the works.

1. The Patriots went to 5 more Super Bowls ('11, '14, '16, '17, '18) winning 3 of them. 

2. I started 6th Grade in 2009, dropped out of college in 2019.

3. Eminem has released 6 albums since 2009

4. We saw the rise, peak, and death of Avicii (House producer, found massive success starting in 2011, suicide in 2018).

5 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Since Chinese Democracy came out Oasis split up and the Gallaghers have released 7 albums, which is the same amount as Oasis released from 1994 to 2008.

Seven albums and Noel also released a bunch of EP's. Nine Inch Nails released four studio albums and four EP's (two of them with entirely new material). Not the mention what else Trent Reznor has done. Ozzy Osbourne had the biggest gap between records in his 50+ year career and still managed to release two since Chinese. David Bowie died five years ago but still managed to release two albums since Guns' last. Alice Cooper put out three records and I'm not even counting the one he released in 2008. Marilyn Manson managed to put out five records in various configurations of the band. Not only did Pink Floyd release a new record they're releasing another live album these days. Both David Gilmour and Roger Waters had various releases. We're talking bands with 15+, 20+, 25+ albums in their catalogue. It's insane. I'm just naming them from the top of my head. The Rolling Stones did a record for fuck's sake. So did Aerosmith. Kiss did two. Bands got back together, released albums, toured and disbanded. Sabbath had a record. Judas Priest had two, Iron Maiden two, Pretenders two. Cheap Trick five. The list is endless. Everyone's that's anyone released new music.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Ha!

If he's spending 120k on watches no wonder he tours so much. imagine, buy a house or get this over the top time piece🤔 Who exactly is this marketed too?

Yeah, not really sure. 

I know people who do spend that kind of money on a watch (I'm happy with my Apple Watch).  I'm fairly certain that Axl being the designer would not be a selling point.  

Deep Purple have released 7 studio albums since 1994. That accounts for 1 more album than the entire GNR studio catalogue combined! In the same period, AC/DC have released 5 studio albums, Metallica 7, Megadeth 10, Rolling Stones 3, Paul McCartney 9... oh fuck it you get the gist. It is utterly ridiculous the lack of output. 

• Like 1

The lack of output is such a crime that, while slightly funny, is mostly depressing that the band has gone to such waste. A band that could have easily been the next Stones or Aerosmith in terms of status but alas. The most dangerous band in the world is surely the most boring at this point.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

The lack of output is such a crime that, while slightly funny, is mostly depressing that the band has gone to such waste. A band that could have easily been the next Stones or Aerosmith in terms of status but alas. The most dangerous band in the world is surely the most boring at this point.

I was thinking earlier today that even if GNR had kept it together as a functioning band for the majority of the 90s we likely would have got at least one or two more albums comparable to AFD/ UYI, which probably would have made them the undisputed Rolling Stones of the 1990s.

How is it possible that a band / singer puts out material like Estranged and November Rain and then not follow it up for 17 years?! It really is quite funny and astonishing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I don't think it was ever available in the UK, I think Germany got it and maybe a few other European countries.

I believe you are right about Germany. As promised, below are photos of my singles associated with the CD era. OMG is a nice bonus. :) The only one with an obvious UPC is the one I believe is German.

yBcukY.jpgRpyVHm.jpg2XM2I8.jpg

JkxlQt.jpga3GxRW.jpgkoLoTW.jpg

Edited by Sweersa
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I believe you are right about Germany. As promised, below are photos of my singles associated with the CD era. OMG is a nice bonus. :) The only one with an obvious UPC is the one I believe is German.

yBcukY.jpgRpyVHm.jpg2XM2I8.jpg

JkxlQt.jpga3GxRW.jpgkoLoTW.jpg

Those top two promos are great, I have both of those. That artwork could easily have been used for an official release, even if they just slapped on a live track from the 2006 tour for the b-side I would have lapped it up.

• Like 1

The rise and fall of the Blackberry, the invention of IPhone, hybrid and Electric cars, Spotify came into existence which is the easiest way to release singles or albums, Slash married Perla a 2nd time and divorced. And got a new girlfriend before the divorce. Fukushima nucleair disaster, the entire worlds freedom and loads of human rights taken away due to covid. Kiss farewell tour, Motley Crue farewell tour and release of the Dirt as a movie. 

17 hours ago, Dean said:

Plus, Adler is adamant that it is definitely not him behind the kit. The man has his flaws, but he has always known his craft. Throw in Frank's refusal to answer the question by saying "that's a question for management". Very odd.

Interesting i hadn't heard Frank say that. I don't think it sounds like Frank, because seeing how hes played the classic GNR songs over the years, hes changed the kick patterns, fills, and cymbal hits of the songs.

Shadow's drums sound identical to what Adler played on the other 2(?) studio versions that exist, but much more lifeless, which is how I came to my guess that its just some modern, lifeless mixing/sampling on them. Like if they replaced every mic'd kick drum hit with a sample of Adlers kick drum from the AFD master tracks.

Im also not saying that it couldn't be him