Are they ever going to play Think About You again

I just has a dream I was in the front of the pit at a GNR concert and they were playing  "Think About You" and I was going crazy and singing along and Axl saw me and he held the mic to me and allowed me to sing in the mic, so yea I am wondering if anyone can hypothesize a deeper meaning for my dream as I believe our dreams tell us something about ourselves or if anyone thinks they are ever going to play "Think About You" again 

Edited by k12

Best thing about that rehearsal was how amazing he sounded on the intro for Pretty Tied Up, and obviously, Hardschool.

Think About You is one of the most underrated tunes in their catalogue, a lot of love for that song.

• Like 2

I would hope so.  With Slash and Duff back in the fold I want to hear all Appetite era songs played.  Think About You, Anything Goes & You're Crazy need to be added to the setlist.  Hell, even throw Back Off Bitch in there too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Honestly that wouldn't have been a bad way to promote the box set - Appetite start to finish. Not too late for them to milk it for the 35th anniversary I suppose.

I was at the first show of the Wave Goodbye tour at Webster Hall where NIN played The Downward Spiral start to finish.  When everyone realized what was happening 3 songs in it was awesome.  I'd love for GNR to do this once or twice.  But not if it is going to become the "new" setlist.  

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 7:18 AM, Dean said:

Best thing about that rehearsal was how amazing he sounded on the intro for Pretty Tied Up, and obviously, Hardschool.

Think About You is one of the most underrated tunes in their catalogue, a lot of love for that song.

Agree he sounded great on Pretty Tied up but I though he sounded terrible on Hardschool. Also agree about TAY being one of their most underrated tunes.. That sound still sounds fresh to me 35 years later! 

On 3/24/2021 at 3:27 PM, WAR41 said:

I would hope so.  With Slash and Duff back in the fold I want to hear all Appetite era songs played.  Think About You, Anything Goes & You're Crazy need to be added to the setlist.  Hell, even throw Back Off Bitch in there too.  

I like the way you think!!! Hopefully Axl has been spending this time trying to figure out ways to not sound awful. Whether it is singing is his lower register more often or whatever.. Anything...

• GNFNR 1

i took the bait based on this clip and went to the MX City show this last one hoping he would bust it out 

sure enough only got so fine sans axl - i really hate them now, like truly hate them and im more die hard than anyone

however this was a great clip btw and he does sound good and did sound pretty good at this show as well

i do think however they cannot play this with any level of integrity without izzy, to me his solo on this is superior to any other solo slash or anyone else has done 

a rare gem of a song that to me should have been a hit 

16 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agree he sounded great on Pretty Tied up but I though he sounded terrible on Hardschool. Also agree about TAY being one of their most underrated tunes.. That sound still sounds fresh to me 35 years later! 

I like the way you think!!! Hopefully Axl has been spending this time trying to figure out ways to not sound awful. Whether it is singing is his lower register more often or whatever.. Anything...

That’s my bad, it’s the way I worded it. He sounded absolutely dug scheidt on Hardschool, but was still great to see that they were rehearsing something ‘new’!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i took the bait based on this clip and went to the MX City show this last one hoping he would bust it out 

sure enough only got so fine sans axl - i really hate them now, like truly hate them and im more die hard than anyone

however this was a great clip btw and he does sound good and did sound pretty good at this show as well

i do think however they cannot play this with any level of integrity without izzy, to me his solo on this is superior to any other solo slash or anyone else has done 

a rare gem of a song that to me should have been a hit 

There so much here🤣🤣🤣 "i'm the most diehard gnr fan" has to ve the best bit though😄 also more fool you for going, if you are a diehard fan you know they've rehearsed lots kf songs and never performed them... that's on you, not gnr😆

52 minutes ago, Dean said:

That’s my bad, it’s the way I worded it. He sounded absolutely dug scheidt on Hardschool, but was still great to see that they were rehearsing something ‘new’!

I agree, I didn't even like the rest of the band in that clip. The Village mix was nearly perfect to me. Dreamy solo, cool intro that builds it up. Would be a decent album opener. 

• GNFNR 1

31 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

There so much here🤣🤣🤣 "i'm the most diehard gnr fan" has to ve the best bit though😄 also more fool you for going, if you are a diehard fan you know they've rehearsed lots kf songs and never performed them... that's on you, not gnr😆

like what perfect crime? funny guy