Seriously, can we get some news?

If anyone from management sees this, could we get a little news please? GNR fans are pretty patient (for the most part,) but there’s a lot of uncertainty around the bands, the live shows, and any new releases. It would be great PR to finally come out and confirm which shows are and aren’t happening, and what the progress is on any new release (which people are expecting to have to do with any new tour.) 

Im usually the patient fan, but this has been going on since COVID began, even more silence from a notoriously silent band. So what do you say? Throw us a bone for once. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

This wouldn’t be great PR, this is the absolute bare minimum that any band should do for their fanbase (and 99,9% of all bands also do this)

True I mean I’d love to make some plans to see them, but I certainly don’t trust it right now. Not without some official announcements. 

30 minutes ago, downzy said:

You're speaking to the wrong people.  

Management can't do or say anything that isn't cleared from the boss.

And the boss doesn't seem to care about anyone else's expectations or timeline when it comes to new music.  

What does Springsteen have to do with this? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Slash has been back in the band for 5 years now. No new music in that time. DJ Ashba was in the band for 6 years. No new music in that time either. Richard Fortus has now been in the band for 20 years and appeared on a handful of tracks on the 1 album that was released.  There has been no official release celebrating the reunion. There have been very few interviews with anything other than vague hints at something happening. The main protagonist in this story is nearly 60, and nearing the end of his time as a performing artist as we know it. The performances the past few years have not been great. The future doesn't really look all the great here.

Like everybody else who holds a similar opinion I imagine, I sincerely hope I am wrong. But this has been going on more or less since 1996. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

This organization hasn't given a fuck about it's fan base in over 20 years. Why should we expect any different now?

Well I agree, but on the other hand, one would expect that with the return of Slash and Duff, the rigid constancy of the Axl/TB stale sovereignty would get at least partially disturbed in this regard. Alas, nothing really seems to suggest anything of the sort...

• Like 1

The news is...Slash shows stuff on his social media that frankly shouldn’t be allowed on there if other people posted it....Duff is off making money on various financial projects...Richard can do session work for anyone because he’s quite the whore of session guitarists....Axl is eating chicken in Malibu. Or drinking Malibu and being a chicken.

The others? Erm. Pass.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Well I agree, but on the other hand, one would expect that with the return of Slash and Duff, the rigid constancy of the Axl/TB stale sovereignty would get at least partially disturbed in this regard. Alas, nothing really seems to suggest anything of the sort...

In all honesty I never expected them coming back into the fold to change things much.

Axl is the boss at the end of the day.

• Like 3

At this point GNR is a brand, rather than a band... Just putting their name on some crap-merch that has nothing to do with the fact that they used to be the greatest rock band in the world..... I mean seriously, what's next? Makeup products series with GNR logo? Rugs? This is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Anju said:

At this point GNR is a brand, rather than a band... Just putting their name on some crap-merch that has nothing to do with the fact that they used to be the greatest rock band in the world..... I mean seriously, what's next? Makeup products series with GNR logo? Rugs? This is ridiculous. 

Pretty sure rugs has already happened! 

5 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

We need new leaks. Or any other way we can hurt this band. 

There is no way to hurt them and they know. They just don t care to give us any information. 

Only way to hurt them is not buying tickets any more onc covid shit is over .. but majority of us of course wants to see them again live. 

Honestly if this band was someone in an emergency dept of a hospital, the time of death would have been called at this stage.  Them blaming the pandemic for the lack of any new music was such a bush league excuse when you consider that other music artists, including some bands who’d be their contemporaries would well able to least communicate with their fans like a normal band would, and in some cases release music in a pandemic. I’m probably repeating myself but I want to support this band, I really really do but Jesus H Christ do they make that hard to keep doing.  And in an age where communication is easier than ever and the narrative could be controlled, they still seem unwilling or incapable(probably a bit of both) of doing even the basics. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You know what the saddest part of all this is (at least for me)? 

I can't even be bothered to get mad anymore. 

I used to be SO passionate about GN'R, their music and their future. This "band" has beaten me down so much to the point where I truly don't care anymore. I expect absolutely nothing of worth from them, so I'm never disappointed. 

Even if they dropped a surprise album tomorrow, I'd just listen to it when I have a chance. That's a stark contrast to where I was years ago where I'd jump through any hoop necessary to hear new GN'R music as soon as humanly possible. 

I think GN'R might be the single biggest example of wasted potential in the history of music and that's saying a LOT. In addition to that, I don't believe I can think of another band that's shit on their fans more than GN'R. 

Those two things coupled together leave me where I'm at today. Like I said, I'm not even mad about it anymore. If anything, I'm just sad that I wasted so much time waiting for then to live up to their potential. 

I'm slowly getting to that point. It's like getting over an ex. lol

At least we got the 2019 locker leaks.  THAT was cool. Cooler than CD2 with Slash on it, perhaps. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1