Seriously, can we get some news?

5 hours ago, vloors said:

Not sure if it would work with Axl. He had burnt alot of bridges over the years then distanced himself from everyone. 

Also yes the whole thing with Axl being locked up in that house with team brazil 99 percent of the time.

If anything the show would work with Slash or Duff who kept out there amongst the music folk and are generally well liked amongst their peers.

You're right, Axl isn't really the sweetheart in the public eye but the way Brian conducts these interviews is very different and it's not about him and all about his guests, so who knows? As for burning bridges, I believe AC/DC and also Brian might have their opinion of Axl based on actually knowing him and having worked with him and Axl seemed very respectful towards Brian when he was filling in for him. If there's any chance we might ever get that one really cool Axl interview it's right there now with Brian Johnson.

What I like about his show is he tavels to peoples comfort zones and just lets them be, generally about touring and looking back, but they can basically talk or not talk whatever they want and he's not giving anyone any crap there. Slash would just be Slash and Duff would be Duff, but If I ever wanted Axl on a show it is this one. If only to hear Brian call him "me son". ;) But yeah, probably not gonna happen.

Edited by adamsapple
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, willl said:

"I'll check the internet, y'know, just in case there's news...."

Been saying that since I discovered GNR in 2000 :lol: Out of the ~7665 days I've been here we've probably had official news on less than 50 of those days lol.

No expectations from this band. Hope all the guys are happy and healthy, and will keep my fingers crossed that one day we get something that kicks ass (new record, izzy on tour, lengthy interview with axl, axl or izzys autobiography etc)

Maybe the forum should try writing another open letter to Axl? :rofl-lol: 50th times a charm

Ha, that image of mygnrforum 🤝 Team Brazil that was sent along to management along with the request of Axl answering 5 questions is forever ingrained in my head.

17 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'd love for there to be a Joe Rogan with Axl Rose video. 

Imagine that. Covering the early era, CD, to now. 

I think Joe said he’d love to interview Axl and that he’s one of the most requested guests.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2021 at 6:23 AM, lame ass security said:

What does Springsteen have to do with this? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I m kinda bored with this pseudonames... The boss the king, queen, princess fuck that shit 

Before Michael Jackson became the king it was Elvis a king, and Prince the beautiful artist well was a prince indeed and Ozzy Osbourne is the prince of darkness, Axl was never called the boss and I'm glad if he wil punch some dickhead's face if he's calling him that way nowadays. 

52 minutes ago, foreverguns said:

I m kinda bored with this pseudonames... The boss the king, queen, princess fuck that shit 

Before Michael Jackson became the king it was Elvis a king, and Prince the beautiful artist well was a prince indeed and Ozzy Osbourne is the prince of darkness, Axl was never called the boss and I'm glad if he wil punch some dickhead's face if he's calling him that way nowadays. 

Don't forget Boss Hogg.

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Good job, cuz you ain't gonna get anything. :lol:

I'm fine with that. :)

But I actually do believe there'll be an album out somewhere along the line. I just don't spend my time thinking about it. 

Edited by Sisyphus

8 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Today Fernacunt stopped in the Guns Reddit to let us know a documentary is not in the works. In typical Fernacunt fashion he didn't say a single thing about what is in the works.

His communication skills, it's like talking to an angry teenager................... 😶 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 2:12 AM, 19AT5 said:

Slash has been back in the band for 5 years now. No new music in that time. DJ Ashba was in the band for 6 years. No new music in that time either. Richard Fortus has now been in the band for 20 years and appeared on a handful of tracks on the 1 album that was released.  There has been no official release celebrating the reunion. There have been very few interviews with anything other than vague hints at something happening. The main protagonist in this story is nearly 60, and nearing the end of his time as a performing artist as we know it. The performances the past few years have not been great. The future doesn't really look all the great here.

Like everybody else who holds a similar opinion I imagine, I sincerely hope I am wrong. But this has been going on more or less since 1996. 

Sad but true.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 2:51 AM, willl said:

"I'll check the internet, y'know, just in case there's news...."

No expectations from this band. Hope all the guys are happy and healthy, and will keep my fingers crossed that one day we get something that kicks ass (new record, izzy on tour, lengthy interview with axl, axl or izzys autobiography etc)

Maybe the forum should try writing another open letter to Axl? :rofl-lol: 50th times a charm

^^^ This ^^^

On 3/29/2021 at 2:11 PM, Gnrcane said:

I think the sub forum should remove "news" from the heading.  There hasn't really been any since 2016.

Instead of "Discussion & News" they could re title the section "Discussion & Disappointment" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm surprised people are still surprised nothing is going on. How about look at GN'R through this lens :

Axl really isn't very talented at all. He pretty much 100% relied upon the 4 other people in the band to establish his career. He knew without them he'd fade into obscurity. Hence his only option was to get control of the name - that would guarantee him status and income, even without doing anything else of note.  He knew this was his only chance so took it.

Add in a dose of mental health issues and everything since '91 makes sense and why nothing now should be a surprise.

• GNFNR 1

34 minutes ago, Euchre said:

I'm surprised people are still surprised nothing is going on. How about look at GN'R through this lens :

Axl really isn't very talented at all. He pretty much 100% relied upon the 4 other people in the band to establish his career. He knew without them he'd fade into obscurity. Hence his only option was to get control of the name - that would guarantee him status and income, even without doing anything else of note.  He knew this was his only chance so took it.

Add in a dose of mental health issues and everything since '91 makes sense and why nothing now should be a surprise.

At the very least, Axl is  (or at least was) a very talented singer in his heyday. I don't think anybody can dispute that (though appreciate his voice may not be to everybody's taste). He had a helluva set of pipes on him! Also, some of his lyrics are really good, and I think he is underrated in that department (albeit he has a few clangers in his catalogue too!) Was an unreal frontman (at times) too when he wasn't turning up late, causing riots, walking off stage, or going on crazy self indulgent monologues! But we also gotta be honest... he hasn't helped himself. At all. And has made some truly ridiculous decisions! Which has led to him being a figure of ridicule amongst fans of most other bands. Just look at the reaction from some of the hardcore AC/DC fans a few years back. I wouldn't say talentless. Just hasn't maximised it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

At the very least, Axl is  (or at least was) a very talented singer in his heyday. 

I totally agree that for a few years there (when he had the others around him) he was great.

What I'm getting at is there is this perception that he is some sort of incredible talent and to keep this perpetuated people come up with ever more complicated and convoluted narratives to try and explain what he has basically managed to do jack shit in the last 30 years. Basically thinking there is some twisted, genius master plan and this next epic is just around the corner.

Occam's razor would suggest a far more simpler explanation is the correct one. That simpler one is that he just isn't capable and that is why we've seen nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Listen I know this thread has a lot of people bagging axl for a lot of things, but this post is one of the most bizarre I’ve read! 
Axl isn’t talented??? 🤣 

Ok so prior to being around Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steve - he had what 2 bands that got to demo stage but didn't go any further ?

He was in a band with Tracii guns, who left and managed to start over and get a band signed and gold/platinum records - but that didn't go anywhere with Axl.

Finally he gets to Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steve and has 5 or so years of quality output - they become the biggest band in the world.

The 'band' leave one by one., and all start from scratch and put out a number great albums.

Axl meanwhile not only owns the name, but has the record contract and all the bands infrastructure around him - and yet in 30 years manages one underwhelming album. (And one that Slash/Duff's new band outperforms)

So in a 40 year career - there is 5 years of solid delivery and those 5 years happen to be when Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steve are around him. Numerous attempts before and after with out them went nowhere. Those others on their own still delivered a lot.  And yet I'm supposed to believe Axl was the supreme talent ? Sorry not buying it.