Seriously, can we get some news?

I think GnR is painfully aware that they can't live up to their past. New music won't live up to what they once had. And Axl can't sing like he used to.

But it works as a nostalgia act. People like hearing the old stuff.

Just don't expect anything from this band anymore. If they play a show near you, fine... go to it, enjoy yourself. Relive some memories. But don't wait on anything. It just won't happen.

Part of that (my guess) is that they are afraid of change. I do believe they could do some awesome acoustic stuff, tone down the whole thing, make it more bluesy. Axl on the piano, Slash and Duff acoustic guitar, etc. Write new songs which are easier to sing for Axl. And it could be great. But it would be a departure of what people expect.

And Axl for some reason just wants stuff to be as grand as possible, it needs to be huge... and then he creates songs which are almost impossible to perform and not easy on the casual listening ear either. Most GnR fans I know, listen to the older stuff, not Chinese.

I'm sorry if I sound too pessimistic, but I've been on this forum way too long :shrugs:

PS
It's been 14 years...

But it's been 14 years of silence
It's been 14 years of pain
It's been 14 years that are gone forever and I'll never have again

:lol:

Edited by Lethalis

5 hours ago, Lethalis said:

I think GnR is painfully aware that they can't live up to their past. New music won't live up to what they once had. And Axl can't sing like he used to.

But it works as a nostalgia act. People like hearing the old stuff.

Just don't expect anything from this band anymore. If they play a show near you, fine... go to it, enjoy yourself. Relive some memories. But don't wait on anything. It just won't happen.

Part of that (my guess) is that they are afraid of change. I do believe they could do some awesome acoustic stuff, tone down the whole thing, make it more bluesy. Axl on the piano, Slash and Duff acoustic guitar, etc. Write new songs which are easier to sing for Axl. And it could be great. But it would be a departure of what people expect.

And Axl for some reason just wants stuff to be as grand as possible, it needs to be huge... and then he creates songs which are almost impossible to perform and not easy on the casual listening ear either. Most GnR fans I know, listen to the older stuff, not Chinese.

I'm sorry if I sound too pessimistic, but I've been on this forum way too long :shrugs:

PS
It's been 14 years...

But it's been 14 years of silence
It's been 14 years of pain
It's been 14 years that are gone forever and I'll never have again

:lol:

This seems fair. Though wait until the CD fanboys get whiff of this!!! :P

On 4/18/2021 at 3:26 AM, Nintari said:

I don't think Axl and co. "don't give a fuck". I just think they have a different perspective. I don't think they view not saying something as being a negative. I think they just view it as being silent. If people get angry about silence, they feel it's on them to figure out etc.

Me personally, I see both sides. Fans are used to being treated a certain way, so of course they're going to expect more out of GNR than GNR is willing to give. But I also see Axl's point of view. I like my privacy. I also don't believe not saying something is saying something... if you know what I mean.

Either way, it's all a mess.

This is simply incorrect. The “company” you are referring to absolutely do give a fuck. Everyone gives a fuck but Axl. Everyone wants to record, release music, etc. But everyone knows that’s Axl must maintain his stability so they can keep cashing in, with or without any new music. 

Edited by smokingarthur