It Tastes Good, Don't It? (1988 Song)

On 3/28/2021 at 4:44 PM, vloors said:

Axl does not appear on the song. Will just be slash, duff and matt on the instrumental supposedly.

Axl stated it sounded like a bodycount rip off and he was not interested in doing any additional vocals for it.

Cant remember which axl interview it was from

Are you sure about that? I thought Axl did appear on the song. 

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

Are you sure about that? I thought Axl did appear on the song. 

From Axl chats

He recorded w/Slash and Duff. He really wanted to attack the media over attacking me for One in a Million. There wasn't really any Easy on it. I wasn't there. He gave me the tape to consider. Sounded a bit like the other guys doing Bodycount. The idea was ok but the track wasn't really there and I felt it would get more heat than the track could stand up to. Only hung a couple times after a show with any of them. Was glad I got to meet Easy.

More info regarding recording in 1991 with Eazy e

Jimmy Z. may feel the blues at his core, leading his weekly jams with the Capitol Homeboys on harmonica or saxophone or flute. But his gig at a Burbank studio two weeks ago was destined for another musical direction: mixing rap with hard rock.

In a few minutes, Slash, from Guns N’ Roses, was due to arrive with his guitar. And rapper Eazy-E of NWA would soon be here recording his vocals, all for an as-yet-untitled song produced and co-written by Jimmy Z.

Jimmy Z., whose full name is Jimmy Zavala, had written the song with Guns N’ Roses drummer Matt Sorum for use on Eazy-E’s upcoming solo album. Zavala had already earned some experience combining hip-hop effects with traditional pop on his new “Muzical Madness” album, after a career playing alongside Rod Stewart, Tom Petty, the Eurythmics

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-12-01-ca-1089-story.html

Edited by vloors

18 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Except this is a song from the AFD lineup and not Axl with random musicians, which probably explains the dip in quality, lol

thanks for embedding the video and getting it taken down

Edited by Mendez

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

And now the video is gone...

I don’t know if it is TB or Axl or who that calls the shots on this debacle, but they are clearly lacking in IQ.

Imagine putting so much more effort into ensuring your fans can’t see/hear stuff than to actually releasing stuff.

As has been alluded to if they put half as much effort into finding gems for the Boxset that they put into finding gems to remove from YouTube it could have been something really cool instead of the embarrassing exercise in useless merch and rehashing common tunes that it was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love the song and I'm a person that hates rap. The best version of it is the 88' one obviously cause it's more instrumental, in comparison with the one that they performed in Tokyo 1992. I'm not saying that it sucks, I just think the rock n roll version is better than the more funky version. But overall - love it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...