Top hundred rock bands as voted by the public UK

A popular rock radio station in the UK has been, over the last month and based on public vote, selected a list of top hundred rock bands.   The final is tomorrow which is going to be Guns n roses v Queen.  Still popular after all these years.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Minus a few tracks, I've never liked Queen.

Best thing they ever did in my eyes was the Freddie Tribute.

For the spectacle, it was immense, but for me, there was only two performances that I thought were top drawer and that was ‘39 by George Michael and Bohemian Rhapsody by Elton and Uncle Ax.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I was too young in the 70’s to remember Queen’s popularity in the United States. All I know is that Flash Gordon was the beginning of the end for them, and they were virtually a non-factor in the 80’s.

If this was a U.S. based poll, Queen might reach the round of 16, but no further.

If anything 1980 was their best year. Another One Bites The Dust was HUUUGE and got played everywhere in the States, even outselling Bohemian Rhapsody. That elevated them to being the biggest band in the world, but like everything, it comes and goes. Queen had bad PR in the States and it was the final nail in the coffin in ‘84 in regards to winning over America when they jumped into drag for I Want To Break Free. Still immensely successful everywhere else and the band took it in their stride. In later years, Brian and Roger have spoken of regret at not going all out to win over America and (unfairly) put the blame on the entourage Freddie aligned himself with (Paul Prenter).

58 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

GN'R are by far and away my favourite band of all time but I absolutely cannot believe the results of this :lol:

Looks like TB have sent some money to the editorial team. So much for their 2021 promotional work. 

17 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Tina Turner? I know she did some rock songs, but really?

And Sabbath, Deep Purple, Motorhead and Van Halen all got kicked out in round 1! I know these things are bollocks for shits and giggles, but come on!?!

Maybe the organisers thought that without a few female acts, the poll would be too cock heavy.

Not surprised that guns have made it this far. All of their tours here this century have sold well, and Greatest Hits has been a consistently strong seller.

Edited by Sausagebrain