Jump to content

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

It's crazy to think, that in the entire 4 year mammoth tour, apart from Download festival they only played 2 UK shows, on two consecutive nights, in only one city, London. Why the hell didn't they do more UK shows?

It's not. The UK just isn't as important as you UK people seem to think it is.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, 2016. Who knew it could feel so nostalgic already. Axl was back on top of the world between the long awaited reunion and fronting AC/DC. There were basically nothing but positive headlines on all

The most exciting part was all the mystery leading up to the first show.. Then as soon as it happened it was apparent that Axl still looked and sounded like crap.. They still had the extra Synth playe

The pandemic isn't the reason we don't have a new GN'R.  The pandemic, along with Slash, Robin, Duff, Tommy, Bucket, Rolling Stone or Spin magazine, Azoff, Merck, on and on and on and on....none

On 4/4/2021 at 6:47 PM, SoulMonster said:

Can't help thinking that we would be better off if Slash and Duff hadn't joined Guns N' Roses again, at least in terms of new music. 

Right. As if there would be new music if they weren't back. It's more like, if not even Slash and Duff can get Axl to release new music, then what will? And don't tell me me, money.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's not. The UK just isn't as important as you UK people seem to think it is.

It's a weird one isn't it? People seem absolutely amazed when foreign bands come to the UK and do one or two shows........yet they go through Europe doing one or two shows in every country. 

What makes it odd though is actually how many shows bands do in the UK compared to other countries normally. We get totally saturated for shows and it's not uncommon for bands (especially smaller ones) to do more shows in the UK alone than they do in the whole of the European run. I've never really understood why this is- apart from the obvious fact that the UK is a major market for music. One glance at the sheer number of UK music festivals shows this- it amazes me how many there are. 

It sounds weird but I sometimes speculate that it's all down to The Beatles igniting such a massive thirst for music that never went away. 

Anyway- the GNR European tour as it stands has more shows in the UK than anywhere else now! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2021 at 5:17 PM, Towelie said:

I seriously contemplated travelling from the UK to Vegas to see the opening night in 2016.

Fast forward to 2020, when they announced London dates in my home country I didn't even consider buying a ticket.

Ooh, you're so edgy. <_< You know, you all can cry about lack of music and dimnishing talents of Axl all you want, but I'm still happy about every show I did get to see, instead of sitting at home complaining about what they don't do. And while I still hate the ticket prices, they gave monster shows and I will be right back in the front row, once touring resumes. There will be a time before long when it is over and all just a memory. Until then, I take what I can get, even if it is not 100% as great as it could be. It's still good enough.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's a weird one isn't it? People seem absolutely amazed when foreign bands come to the UK and do one or two shows........yet they go through Europe doing one or two shows in every country. 

What makes it odd though is actually how many shows bands do in the UK compared to other countries normally. We get totally saturated for shows and it's not uncommon for bands (especially smaller ones) to do more shows in the UK alone than they do in the whole of the European run. I've never really understood why this is- apart from the obvious fact that the UK is a major market for music. One glance at the sheer number of UK music festivals shows this- it amazes me how many there are. 

It sounds weird but I sometimes speculate that it's all down to The Beatles igniting such a massive thirst for music that never went away. 

Anyway- the GNR European tour as it stands has more shows in the UK than anywhere else now! 

Well, I guess it mostly has to do with promoters and offers. I'm sure they wouldn't deny more shows, if they got offers, but they also don't actively go out to make more UK shows happen. They get by either way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, I guess it mostly has to do with promoters and offers. I'm sure they wouldn't deny more shows, if they got offers, but they also don't actively go out to make more UK shows happen. They get by either way.

3 out of the 8 remaining shows on the tour are in the UK so if anything, it's getting way more than it should! 

They must have sold ok if they didn't get the axe with all the others. Not that they can legally happen anyway though now! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

3 out of the 8 remaining shows on the tour are in the UK so if anything, it's getting way more than it should! 

They must have sold ok if they didn't get the axe with all the others. Not that they can legally happen anyway though now! 

Well, I guess the fact that so far they only played London and a festival pays off for them now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Ooh, you're so edgy. <_< You know, you all can cry about lack of music and dimnishing talents of Axl all you want, but I'm still happy about every show I did get to see, instead of sitting at home complaining about what they don't do. And while I still hate the ticket prices, they gave monster shows and I will be right back in the front row, once touring resumes. There will be a time before long when it is over and all just a memory. Until then, I take what I can get, even if it is not 100% as great as it could be. It's still good enough.

Goody for you. If you wanna chuck money at a corporate sellout cashgrab reunion by a band who don't give a shit about how they sound then that's up to you. I'm sure you delude yourself on a regular basis that the thousands you've spent is all worthwhile. I'd rather spend my money on bands/artists who actually give enough of a shit to practise and sound half decent.

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 4/4/2021 at 6:47 PM, SoulMonster said:

Can't help thinking that we would be better off if Slash and Duff hadn't joined Guns N' Roses again, at least in terms of new music. 

You are absolutely right. We would have more music from SMKC and Duff's projects by now.

 

As for GNR music? Well that's simple as mathematics. You have two guys who are releasing music on a regular basis and one guy who doesn't. Now if you subtract the two guys who are releasing music, from the guy who doesn't, then you still have the guy who doesn't release music. The result remains the same. 

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's not. The UK just isn't as important as you UK people seem to think it is.

That's why Prince played a 21 date residency in London at the o2 is it? Or why Michael Jackson announced 50 dates at the London o2 in 2009 for one of the most anticipated live comebacks of all time? Yeah, cuz nobody gives a shit about the UK. :lol: 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Goody for you. If you wanna chuck money at a corporate sellout cashgrab reunion by a band who don't give a shit about how they sound then that's up to you. I'm sure you delude yourself on a regular basis that the thousands you've spent is all worthwhile. I'd rather spend my money on bands/artists who actually give enough of a shit to practise and sound half decent.

Oh. That's all you have to offer? A sell out cash grab would be 90 minute shows. Far from what they are doing. Would I prefer if they wouldn't charge 160 € for FOS? For sure. Do I feel I have gotten worth my money? For sure. Had a great time at each and every one of my shows. You're free to spend money on all the bands you want, but quit your constant whining, especially since you haven't spent a cent on them, but still feel entitled to demand stuff.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

That's why Prince played 21 dates in London at the o2 is it? Or why Michael Jackson announced 50 dates at the London o2 in 2009 for one of the most anticipated live comebacks of all time? Yeah, cuz nobody gives a shit about the UK. :lol: 

Ooh, have I hurt your feelings? Prince did that because he was given an offer. Not because the UK is that important in terms of touring. And also I'm betting that the majority of those tickets, especially in Michael Jackson's case, really went to foreigners.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Oh. That's all you have to offer? A sell out cash grab would be 90 minute shows. Far from what they are doing. Would I prefer if they wouldn't charge 160 € for FOS? For sure. Do I feel I have gotten worth my money? For sure. Had a great time at each and every one of my shows. You're free to spend money on all the bands you want, but quit your constant whining, especially since you haven't spent a cent on them, but still feel entitled to demand stuff.

I've spent money on them in the past, back when Axl could still sing. And then I spent money on them again when he could kind of half-sing. Now he can't sing at all, I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend my hard earned money on a guy who's just embarrassing himself and disrespecting his fanbase on a regular basis. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Ooh, have I hurt your feelings? Prince did that because he was given an offer. Not because the UK is that important in terms of touring. And also I'm betting that the majority of those tickets, especially in Michael Jackson's case, really went to foreigners.

The majority of artists and bands play multiple dates in the UK on any given tour, including GNR before NITL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Ooh, have I hurt your feelings? Prince did that because he was given an offer. Not because the UK is that important in terms of touring. And also I'm betting that the majority of those tickets, especially in Michael Jackson's case, really went to foreigners.

......and the fact that the UK is a massive destination for music. Hence why those things happened. That's beyond dispute surely? 

Why it should be the case.....who knows! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Oh. That's all you have to offer? A sell out cash grab would be 90 minute shows. Far from what they are doing. Would I prefer if they wouldn't charge 160 € for FOS? For sure. Do I feel I have gotten worth my money? For sure. Had a great time at each and every one of my shows. You're free to spend money on all the bands you want, but quit your constant whining, especially since you haven't spent a cent on them, but still feel entitled to demand stuff.

Glad you had fun, but that's not going to stop people calling out the tour for turning lazy and sloppy. 

Why should someone not buying a ticket mean they shouldn't say they don't want to buy a ticket because the shows are no good? Are only those who buy tickets allowed to say they don't want to buy tickets to see a show?  Odd logic. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

......and the fact that the UK is a massive destination for music. Hence why those things happened. That's beyond dispute surely? 

Why it should be the case.....who knows! 

GNR did play in London, did they? London is important. As for the rest... apparently not.

Edited by PatrickS77
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Glad you had fun, but that's not going to stop people calling out the tour for turning lazy and sloppy. 

Why should someone not buying a ticket mean they shouldn't say they don't want to buy a ticket because the shows are no good? Are only those who buy tickets allowed to say they don't want to buy tickets to see a show?  Odd logic. 

Someone who has not seen a show or only watched crappy Youtube videos is not in a position to judge. And only people who actually have paid for a show are in a position to "demand" something better. We had that before. And if what they do really bothers you that much, then why not just get the fuck out and move the fuck on? This constant whining and bitching and obsession on what they should do, is just ridiculous.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Someone who has not seen a show or only watched crappy Youtube videos is not in a position to judge. And only people who actually have paid for a show are in a position to "demand" something better. We had that before. And if what they do really bothers you that much, then why not just get the fuck out and move the fuck on? This constant whining and bitching and obsession on what they should do, is just ridiculous.

Have a look through the threads though- @Towelie isn't the only person saying he wouldn't buy a ticket anymore. I don't really understand. Why single out a guy/woman (sorry- not sure which!) who says he/she was very excited about 2016 but now isn't interested? 

Aren't most GNR fans now wanting something different/more? Of course there's going to be an 'obsession' on what the band do....it's a forum to discuss the band! 

Everyone has paid to see the band at some point. Why is there a need for someone to have bought a ticket for a forthcoming show before they can say they don't want to see the band again? 

 

 

Edited by allwaystired
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Graeme said:

It's so confusing watching the two of you debate because you have practically the same avatar.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. We're probably not worth paying too much paying attention to! 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Someone who has not seen a show or only watched crappy Youtube videos is not in a position to judge. And only people who actually have paid for a show are in a position to "demand" something better. We had that before. And if what they do really bothers you that much, then why not just get the fuck out and move the fuck on? This constant whining and bitching and obsession on what they should do, is just ridiculous.

I paid to see 3 NITL shows in 2016. Vegas 2, Detroit and Chicago 2. I'm glad I got to see the tour before Axl sounded like absolute garbage and the rest of the band started being the very definition of "going through the motions". I'm also glad I got to see the shows prior to then adding even more covers, making the show more about other people's songs rather than GN'Rs music. 

If you want to settle for all of those things, that's your business of course but that doesn't mean anyone else has to. Personally, I'm glad to see many fans finally vowing to vote with their wallets and stop giving GN'R their money in return for subpar effort all around. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's not. The UK just isn't as important as you UK people seem to think it is.

Lol wut. In the history of GnR, and specifically them breaking outside of the US, the UK was very important. Just look at how Live Like a Suicide did in the UK. And how Alan Niven cleverly used his knowledge of the UK media to make the band a household name very quickly. And remind us where Slash was born again please, lol

Edited by Nice Boy
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Complaining about people having valid opinions @PatrickS77

 

Yeah. You're right. Way better to come on here every fucking day and complain over something you can't change and no matter how much you complain no one in the band ever will give a shit about what yout think. Seriously, if that band pisses you off that much, that all that's left is to complain every fucking day in a circle jerk of other complainers and moaners, then why not stop talking about them at all?? What's the point? Why be a moderator of a forum dedicated to a band that clearly pisses you off all the time and where you expect people to join in on your complaining or you will call them out for not complaining too?

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Have a look through the threads though- @Towelie isn't the only person saying he wouldn't buy a ticket anymore. I don't really understand. Why single out a guy/woman (sorry- not sure which!) who says he/she was very excited about 2016 but now isn't interested? 

Aren't most GNR fans now wanting something different/more? Of course there's going to be an 'obsession' on what the band do....it's a forum to discuss the band! 

Everyone has paid to see the band at some point. Why is there a need for someone to have bought a ticket for a forthcoming show before they can say they don't want to see the band again? 

 

 

When someone spends years complaining about a band here (and elsewhere), even before the reunion began and proudly proclaims he didn't even go to see that first show, which presumably was fresh and delivered what most of us hoped for and didn't think possible for close to 20 years and then sees (what?) a grand total of 1 (?)show and then gets bored and demands something new and fresh, then that deserves a comment. But you're right. I could have also singled you out, as one of the lead complainers, which is all you ever seem to do. Can't quote you all, really. But it's so foreign to me, to go a band forum every fucking day, to bitch and complain about them all fucking day long. And even more so, when you can't even be bothered to go to shows anyway.

2 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

Lol wut. In the history of GnR, and specifically them breaking outside of the US, the UK was very important. Just look at how Live Like a Suicide did in the UK. And how Alan Niven cleverly used his knowledge of the UK media to make the band a household name very quickly. And remind us where Slash was born again please, lol

Proof is in the pudding or lack of shows. In terms of touring, the UK is not important to them (or they to the UK) or there would have been more UK shows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...