Guns N' Roses live at the Whisky a Go Go April, 5th 1986 - Leaked Clips. NO LINKS!! no asking for links.

I guess it leaked last week, I didn't see a discussion topic. Features Izzy's new Les Paul, a Sax player, "this is for Michelle" and Back off Bitch. Average Audio and average video quality too but awesome performance.

• janrichmond changed the title to Guns N' Roses live at the Whisky a Go Go April, 5th 1986 - Leaked Clips. NO LINKS!! no asking for links.
10 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Why is there a No Links, no asking for links caveat on this? It's over 35 years old, before they'd even released an album? 

Copyrighted material. It's still under the gnr umbrella (even a year before AFDs release) meaning they control the right to how it's used or not used... and unfortunately gnr deem a gnr specific forum sharing videos of them to be counter to their best interests... obviously they wouldn't like vault material leaking though (I'm on about phone videos mainly). 

I think if gnr intended on releasing such a show it would have been on the boxset. From that point of view they shouldn't really give a toss.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lantern said:

I guess it leaked last week, I didn't see a discussion topic. Features Izzy's new Les Paul, a Sax player, "this is for Michelle" and Back off Bitch. Average Audio and average video quality too but awesome performance.

$100,000.00 for this told them 20K no deal and because didn't have what looking for offered cash.

Edited by 80309561

Wonder if this video was shot by Marc Canter? Who else could it be since the filmer was allowed backstage as seen at the end of the video. I really enjoyed the video and thought that the video/audio quality is enjoyable. Raw and some would say average but still.. a piece of history.

6 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Why is there a No Links, no asking for links caveat on this? It's over 35 years old, before they'd even released an album? 

Because we get reported for it, same with YT videos. Only official authorised stuff can be posted. It's not what we want either but it's better than losing the forum

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Is this the same gig that the SCOM leak came from a while back?

No, this is the April 5 show. The SCOM debut (and Mr Brownstone and Ain't Goin' Down) was August 23.

From Reckless Road: "This show was prime Guns N' Roses". Axl's parents flew out from Indiana to see this show, and Axl dedicates WTTJ to them. Slash thought the crowd could be livelier. They had Desi onstage during Anything Goes and 3 strippers onstage during Jumpin' Jack Flash. The guy who played saxophone also gave the band dilaudid suppositories, which Axl and Slash took but did not enjoy :lol:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

No, this is the April 5 show. The SCOM debut (and Mr Brownstone and Ain't Goin' Down) was August 23.

From Reckless Road: "This show was prime Guns N' Roses". Axl's parents flew out from Indiana to see this show, and Axl dedicates WTTJ to them. Slash thought the crowd could be livelier. They had Desi onstage during Anything Goes and 3 strippers onstage during Jumpin' Jack Flash. The guy who played saxophone also gave the band dilaudid suppositories, which Axl and Slash took but did not enjoy :lol:

Cheers - I did wonder as the SCOM extract was in far superior quality.

Interesting story! 🤣 I need to read Reckless Road properly actually - had it for years and have only skimmed through it.