Guns N' Roses live at the Whisky a Go Go April, 5th 1986 - Leaked Clips. NO LINKS!! no asking for links.

On 4/15/2021 at 1:34 PM, Grayfox said:

Ha! Timebomb was so pissed off when this leaked. I remember him ranting and raving about it. Was great. 

Yeah...he's the only person I felt bad about after leaking it. Definitely went against my word to get it out to people :lol:

29 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

Yeah...he's the only person I felt bad about after leaking it. Definitely went against my word to get it out to people :lol:

Nah, I wouldn’t have felt too bad the guys a racist and former KKK member. You’re all good. He was just using government disability money to buy bootlegs. 

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

Nah, I wouldn’t have felt too bad the guys a racist and former KKK member. You’re all good. He was just using government disability money to buy bootlegs. 

Well then...with this new information I'd certainly like to change my last statement. 

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Haha. I feel like that incident was the last big hurrah of any hoarding. 

Probably... but those leaks were a big surprise, so who knows what else is out there.

On the one hand, yes, the general demand for this stuff has plummeted over the years. But on the other hand, unreleased music is just as valuable as it's ever been, maybe even moreso. People make thousands off of individual songs all the time on sites like the source or leakthis. If you're familiar with Juice WRLD, one of his grails just sold for 22k. For one mp3 file. Never underestimate the greed of hoarders and the stupidity of fans :lol:

• Wow 1

Why the band couldn’t have pulled it together enough, to include either a complete gig, or a compilation of tunes pulled from gigs in this period and add it to the Appetite box, I will never understand. 

26 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Why couldn’t the band have pulled it together enough to include either a complete gig, or a compilation of tunes pulled from gigs in this period and add it to the Appetite box, I will never understand. 

I understand. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 2

On 4/11/2021 at 9:53 AM, Tom2112 said:

Copyrighted material. It's still under the gnr umbrella (even a year before AFDs release) meaning they control the right to how it's used or not used... and unfortunately gnr deem a gnr specific forum sharing videos of them to be counter to their best interests... obviously they wouldn't like vault material leaking though (I'm on about phone videos mainly). 

I think if gnr intended on releasing such a show it would have been on the boxset. From that point of view they shouldn't really give a toss.

My question is this: what other bands are this anal? I literally can't think of one.

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Any of these hoarders with rare stuff from any era have WAY overplayed their hand at this point. No one is going to pay large sums of money for any of this stuff anymore. 

The time to cash in would've been 2006 - 2012ish when a large amount of die hard fans would have still cared. 

Nowadays, die hards and casuals have the same mindset: If something leaks, cool. If not, cool. There's just no money to be made on this stuff anymore because the fan base as a whole is just indifferent as to whether they see/hear it or not. 

I feel like, if Guns released some of these videos officially, most of it would make millions. Casuals would definitely buy it up and the die hard fans would too.

Makes you wonder why they're just sitting on a pile of cash.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nintari said:

My question is this: what other bands are this anal? I literally can't think of one.

Prince, when alive, was pretty anal about it all.  Like there was a time where you could type in Prince on youtube and find virtually no videos featuring any of his studio material beyond like one or two

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

Prince, when alive, was pretty anal about it all.  Like there was a time where you could type in Prince on youtube and find virtually no videos featuring any of his studio material beyond like one or two

Prince though constantly released music and was great to his fanbase 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Any of these hoarders with rare stuff from any era have WAY overplayed their hand at this point. No one is going to pay large sums of money for any of this stuff anymore. 

The time to cash in would've been 2006 - 2012ish when a large amount of die hard fans would have still cared. 

Nowadays, die hards and casuals have the same mindset: If something leaks, cool. If not, cool. There's just no money to be made on this stuff anymore because the fan base as a whole is just indifferent as to whether they see/hear it or not. 

Especially considering the 1986 quality in our Full HD/ 4K era and current TV sets. These guys have come a bit late to the party, I would say... Saskatoon, St Louis were pretty good quality but these are usually way too compressed (video/audio bitrate).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nintari said:

I feel like, if Guns released some of these videos officially, most of it would make millions. Casuals would definitely buy it up and the die hard fans would too.

Makes you wonder why they're just sitting on a pile of cash.

There's a chance that they'll put some pro-shots or soundboards in the UYI box set, but aside from that, the only logical reason to hold onto the live recordings for so long would be to use them as a retirement plan. Once Axl is no longer able to tour, start releasing old stuff to keep some money coming in. Maybe sell some footage to Netflix or start their own subscription service, maybe keep releasing overpriced box sets, who knows... but they're definitely sitting on a pile of cash!

*not that we should be applying logic to this band, tho.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, vloors said:

Prince though constantly released music and was great to his fanbase 

That is very true, I just know that when it came to the online aspect of his work and bootlegs he was super duper anal lol but unlike GNR Prince had the variation in setlists, constant new releases, and different projects always going to keep his fans happy

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

That is very true, I just know that when it came to the online aspect of his work and bootlegs he was super duper anal lol but unlike GNR Prince had the variation in setlists, constant new releases, and different projects always going to keep his fans happy

You got my attention with "super duper anal."😄

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's a chance that they'll put some pro-shots or soundboards in the UYI box set, but aside from that, the only logical reason to hold onto the live recordings for so long would be to use them as a retirement plan. Once Axl is no longer able to tour, start releasing old stuff to keep some money coming in. Maybe sell some footage to Netflix or start their own subscription service, maybe keep releasing overpriced box sets, who knows... but they're definitely sitting on a pile of cash!

*not that we should be applying logic to this band, tho.

If they're going to release a UYI box then they need to hurry up and announce it, unless they're just going to be a year late.