Leaked CD Tour Documentary [no links here, no asking for links, discussion only]

Love the scenes with Izzy and that guitar solo from Robin, some great shots from from Download 06 and some music clips I haven't heard yet, maybe there's more in the vault? Seems like they stopped recording before DJ joined or is there a second part of it? Ends at around 40 minutes with no credits, looks like a rough cut or something, but some really cool material, Axl sounds great and band is tight in all of these clips.

There was a supposed trailer for the 06 documentary. They created one for the Chinese tour in 2010 also, both made from different people and both never released. Not too sure what it is you’ve watched.

Edited by Dean

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

A 40 minute trailer? Sounds interesting.

A 2010 era one leaked as well?

There is only a trailer for that one. I actually contacted the guy who was making the 2010 documentary and he has all the materials still but said it was now out of his hands. 🙄

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

There is only a trailer for that one. I actually contacted the guy who was making the 2010 documentary and he has all the materials still but said it was now out of his hands. 🙄

Wow, nice detective work! 

Oh bummer, maybe he needs some additional per$uasion. ;)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Wow, nice detective work! 

Oh bummer, maybe he needs some additional per$uasion. ;)

It’s not quite Sherlock Holmes.....🤣

Someone on here mentioned that the guy who was doing the documentary still had the trailer on his website so I fired him an e-mail! TBF he responded and was cool about it:-

Sorry, at this time I have nothing to share. It's out of my hands. I still have the raw footage stored away on some old hard drives. Hope that some day, GNR will put together something special for the fans to see. Thanks for reaching out. 

Cheers,
  • Like 2

No fake and no trolling from me (I barely even visit this forum anymore), got the video from another fan who knows I'm a big fan of the CD lineup. Would love to share it but it's not allowed and I don't want any trouble so yeah :/ There was a short clip of this whole thing on Youtube some time ago with Izzy waiting backstage with the band and then Axl comes and goes straight from the van on stage with them, that part is also in the documentary. Maybe documentary isn't the right word, it's basically just clips of the tour and backstage and travelling scenes combined, rough editing, no voice over, just the band members talking in some scenes. Please stop sending me messages for links as I'm not allowed to share this. Now it's out there more people will likely have it and it might pop up sooner or later anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Why bother making a thread about it then?

:jerkoff:

It was new to me and I figured it worth discussing with other fans and finding out if there's a second part more than the ever same no news but whatever...nevermind.

Just now, adamsapple said:

It was new to me and I figured it worth discussing with other fans and finding out if there's a second part more than the ever same no news but whatever...nevermind.

How are we gonna discuss it if you won't share it, and nobody knows what you're talking about? Don't post the links publicly but PM's are fine.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Love the scenes with Izzy and that guitar solo from Robin, some great shots from from Download 06 and some music clips I haven't heard yet, maybe there's more in the vault? Seems like they stopped recording before DJ joined or is there a second part of it? Ends at around 40 minutes with no credits, looks like a rough cut or something, but some really cool material, Axl sounds great and band is tight in all of these clips.

I'm sure a lot of people would love to receive PMs about this :)