Jump to content

Brian Johnson Autobiography - The Lives of Brian 26/10/21


Recommended Posts

Jonner is probably the member I'd want to read about most. What a life. What a voice. I just got this pre-ordered. We could probably do with an AC/DC thread outside of the Axl/DC section, so feel free for any of the mods to merge this into an older topic and get everything under the one roof!

 

Quote

I’ve had some long nights and some great nights, bad days and a lot of good ones. I’ve gone from choirboy to rock 'n' roll singer, and now I’ve gone and written a bloody book about it…

The Lives of Brian is coming October 26th: smarturl.it/TheLivesOfBrian

 

Edited by Dean
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

AC/DC is just incredible... hardest, best riffs, countless timeless songs. Bon, Brian. 1980, BIB. A wild ride. Fly on the Wall is probably my favorite of the post BIB albums 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed his last book despite it be more anecdotal in style (and about his love of cars as opposed to life in the band), but this is a day one purchase for me. I was very happy to see this get announced.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot see him spilling the beans about what happened on his end with AC/DC on the Rock or Bust tour, but I think he'll go a little deeper on the time between being told to sit on sidelines watching Axl, and then coming back after Mals death. End of the day, he's thinking "I'm back now" so, he'll be fairly easy going about it. He's not a gotcha type anyway, the true nicest guy in rock n roll... move over Grohl. Looking forward to this!

On 4/16/2021 at 12:01 PM, Underhardy said:

AC/DC is just incredible... hardest, best riffs, countless timeless songs. Bon, Brian. 1980, BIB. A wild ride. Fly on the Wall is probably my favorite of the post BIB albums 

One of those albums I've never sat with. Gonna check it out, cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2021 at 1:30 PM, Tom2112 said:

I cannot see him spilling the beans about what happened on his end with AC/DC on the Rock or Bust tour, but I think he'll go a little deeper on the time between being told to sit on sidelines watching Axl, and then coming back after Mals death. End of the day, he's thinking "I'm back now" so, he'll be fairly easy going about it. He's not a gotcha type anyway, the true nicest guy in rock n roll... move over Grohl. Looking forward to this!

One of those albums I've never sat with. Gonna check it out, cheers!

Look out for ‘Back in Business.’

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2021 at 1:30 PM, Tom2112 said:

I cannot see him spilling the beans about what happened on his end with AC/DC on the Rock or Bust tour, but I think he'll go a little deeper on the time between being told to sit on sidelines watching Axl, and then coming back after Mals death. End of the day, he's thinking "I'm back now" so, he'll be fairly easy going about it. He's not a gotcha type anyway, the true nicest guy in rock n roll... move over Grohl. Looking forward to this!

One of those albums I've never sat with. Gonna check it out, cheers!

What I took from the synopsis it's that it's only covering his life up to and including Back In Black, so while I don't expect the book to abruptly end I wouldn't expect much detail about the later years in general.

Granted, I suppose there isn't much he can really cover beyond that anyways. He wouldn't be the type to go into detail about what truly happened with Phil in 1983 or how he felt about Slade's sacking and so forth.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, James Bond said:

What I took from the synopsis it's that it's only covering his life up to and including Back In Black, so while I don't expect the book to abruptly end I wouldn't expect much detail about the later years in general.

Granted, I suppose there isn't much he can really cover beyond that anyways. He wouldn't be the type to go into detail about what truly happened with Phil in 1983 or how he felt about Slade's sacking and so forth.

It'll be entertaining nonetheless! We all know what was up with Phil in '83. Same shite that happened in 2015! he's nuts!🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...