Axl's peace of mind VS New material.  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I voted new material based on the highlighted. If it's CD style then he can keep his peace of mind;)

On behalf of myself and Persia, we are offended!

When was it you were first aware of Chinese? 2015? I give it another 5 years til you've had time to digest the 10th anniversary re-release of Appetite for Democracy with Slash overdubs on DJ, both visually and musically, which will eventually lead to you finding newfound love for Brian Carroll :bucket:

Edited by Dean
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I struggle with anxiety/depression and I have to go with Axl's peace of mind here. Those kind of problems don't vibe well with the music industry, especially when you're someone like Axl.  

Hasn't he had enough peace of mind since at least 2016?

I voted new material based on the highlighted. If it's CD style then he can keep his peace of mind

A big part of being a rockstar is putting the music before your own personal welfare. 

Do we think that Bowie had peace of mind in the 1970s when he was snorting Scarface levels of cocaine every day? It just so happened to be the period where he was making his best music of his career. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm not saying Axl needs to develop a $1000 a day drug habit. Just that he needs to be the rockstar he likes to think he is once in a while and drop an album every 5 years or so!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

A big part of being a rockstar is putting the music before your own personal welfare. 

Do we think that Bowie had peace of mind in the 1970s when he was snorting Scarface levels of cocaine every day? It just so happened to be the period where he was making his best music of his career. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm not saying Axl needs to develop a $1000 a day drug habit. Just that he needs to be the rockstar he likes to think he is once in a while and drop an album every 5 years or so!

100 percent right but you know even a old sober david bowie still continued to release music and reinvent himself. Something for whatever reason Axl cant do.

Even if Axl cant write a song anymore then bring in a team to do it. Just go in and lay down some vocals. Plenty of rockers do it this way. Its not that hard. 

Oh but that will get in the way of eating candy and playing with his cats. Axls busy schedule over the last 30 years.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl would never do that. His ego wouldn't allow it.

And comparing him to Bowie is a joke. Bowie was still making (amazing) music when he was dying of cancer. Axl's pissed the majority of his time away doing fuck all. One is a true artist, the other is a washed up singer and total fraud. 

Agreed. 

Even when bowie knew he was dying he organised his back catalogue for future releases after he had passed. He continued to record blackstar until the end. Thats dedication to your fans.  

From what I read freddie mercury did the same thing and recorded as much  vocals as he could before his time was up. 

I dont know why Axl wouldnt let someone write for him if he cant other than selfish greed regarding royalities. Even then some artists will change a few words here and there so they can still get royalties on a song.

Most their hit songs were written by Izzy anyway. So wouldnt be the first time his performed on something written by another

Edited by vloors
  • Like 2

I don't really see one reason to not wish him peace of mind. He's not Adolf Hitler.

However, if he suffers through putting himself through a whole bunch of live concerts (for monetary reasons), I think it's not unreasonable as a fan to wish him to release new music.

I'm purely guessing he feels the need for every song to be perfect, otherwise he'll be judged horribly by the world. However, I'd say that 99.9% of all bands out there have released horrible songs, even go so far as to say they have released horrible albums (hello St. Anger). A few gold nuggets on an album, even just two, is enough to kick up a brew for another amazing tour. So, make stuff, release stuff, see what sticks. If it was bad, meh, just try again with your next release. Don't try -> can't fail is not the way to live as an artist.

2 minutes ago, The Black said:

Don't try -> can't fail is not the way to live as an artist.

I think you summed up Axl's career motto post-1992. 

Edited by Towelie
12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Would it impact on his peace of mind to let us see old live footage? 

No his peace of mind wants you to see him come not prepared, out of practice, over weight and singing mickey.

His happy for you to see him this way. 

Posted (edited)

"Everybody's acting like we can do anything and it don't matter what we do. Maybe we gotta' be extra careful because maybe it matters more than we even know."

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

"Everybody's acting like we can do anything and it don't matter what we do. Maybe we gotta' be extra careful because maybe it matters more than we even know."

Don't you try to stop us now ooh hoo.

• Haha 2

Thankfully this is only a hypothetical question as the OP stated. 

A band simply releasing new music isn't nearly as complicated as the world of GN'R would lead you to believe. 

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thankfully this is only a hypothetical question as the OP stated. 

A band simply releasing new music isn't nearly as complicated as the world of GN'R would lead you to believe. 

What a coincidence, I just got two texts--one from rocket science and one from brain surgery. They both said that you're right.

• Haha 3

I am assuming you all have perfect mental health and none of your family or friends suffer with mental health issues  because  if this was the case there would be more empathy here.  Maybe I am taking all too seriously :book:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am assuming you all have perfect mental health and none of your family or friends suffer with mental health issues  because  if this was the case there would be more empathy here.  Maybe I am taking all too seriously :book:

Look at all the artist that suffer from mental health and still release music. When it comes to creativity and making music his lazy full stop. 

Happy to make a few bucks and jump on stage overweight, ill prepared and on autopilot through songs at a concert though.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, vloors said:

Look at all the artist that suffer from mental health and still release music. When it comes to creativity and making music his lazy full stop. 

Happy to make a few bucks and jump on stage overweight, ill prepared and on autopilot through songs at a concert though.

where btw is the proof that Axl has any kind of serious mental health issues these days ?

that's only some peoples guessings when there's nothing else to talk about, or no other excuse for the lack of new music.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 4
10 minutes ago, EricA said:

where btw is the proof that Axl has any kind of serious mental health issues these days ?

that's only some peoples guessings when there's nothing else to talk about, or no other excuse for the lack of new music.

Your right theres no proof at all. Always excuses. 

Same people say his sick all the time to cover poor performances.

Reckon his been sick since 2017 at this stage. Thats a mighty flu to have.

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

Did you read the beginning of the thread where it says this is a hypothetical question? 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
13 hours ago, Dean said:

On behalf of myself and Persia, we are offended!

When was it you were first aware of Chinese? 2015? I give it another 5 years til you've had time to digest the 10th anniversary re-release of Appetite for Democracy with Slash overdubs on DJ, both visually and musically, which will eventually lead to you finding newfound love for Brian Carroll :bucket:

It was 2015 actually :lol: and I do try to listen to CD once a year, I really wish I could like it but it ain't happened yet. Maybe next year it'll sound better...or not ;)

• GNFNR 1
4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

It was 2015 actually :lol: and I do try to listen to CD once a year, I really wish I could like it but it ain't happened yet. Maybe next year it'll sound better...or not ;)

Not a CD fan here either. I did find the leaked songs much better than the over produced sliced up released album version of CD.

.y bought copy of cd only gets pulled out every now and then on a rare occasion.  

• Like 1