Axl's peace of mind VS New material.  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I struggle with anxiety/depression and I have to go with Axl's peace of mind here. Those kind of problems don't vibe well with the music industry, especially when you're someone like Axl.  

Hasn't he had enough peace of mind since at least 2016?

I voted new material based on the highlighted. If it's CD style then he can keep his peace of mind

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Did you read the beginning of the thread where it says this is a hypothetical question? 

That's right merely a hypothetical out of curiosity. So no need to wag fingers too hard at music lovers. I'm not an insider I have no insight into Axl's psyche just guesses and assumptions.

That being said I voted for our boy's wellbeing, you villains! :lol:

• Haha 3

There is absolutely zero chance that anything will even come close to AFD. Which I think is the core problem here. Axl tried to ‘bury’ Appettite, but it can’t ever be done...

If he enjoys touring, then tour. If putting out music is too hard for him, which it appears to be, then don’t release any. But just don’t string along your fans who have supported you for 30 - 40 years by speculating  that new music is around the corner (through the suggestions of other band members) if it isn’t really true.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

But just don’t string along your fans who have supported you for 30 - 40 years by speculating  that new music is around the corner (through the suggestions of other band members) if it isn’t really true.

And that's why most fans have lost interest or get irritated with Axl and GN'R. 

Axl and many members of GN'R have gone around for years telling fans and the press that new music is always around the corner. 

Nothing ever happens, then they use literally any excuse as to why it didn't happen. There only seem to be two things for certain: new GN'R material never gets released and Axl will blame it on anything but himself. 

• GNFNR 1
6 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

There is absolutely zero chance that anything will even come close to AFD. Which I think is the core problem here. Axl tried to ‘bury’ Appettite, but it can’t ever be done...

If he enjoys touring, then tour. If putting out music is too hard for him, which it appears to be, then don’t release any. But just don’t string along your fans who have supported you for 30 - 40 years by speculating  that new music is around the corner (through the suggestions of other band members) if it isn’t really true.

That would be all well and good if he was going out there killing it every night. I mean, no-ones expecting him to sound like 1987 anymore, but still, if he was going out there even at 2016 level and giving it his all, then perhaps fans wouldn't give him such a hard time.

But the combination of no new music ever and downright awful, phoned in performances with vocals that make the chance of even getting a live album out of the question means that fans have every right to be pissed. Axl has taken no pride in anything GNR related in a long, long time. 

• GNFNR 1

In all honesty, I bet they're recording, but have no real intentions of releasing it. Maybe if they feel they really hit on something good, then yes, but honestly my breath is not held. 

My only real wish for Axl is to get that voice back in shape, sounding loud & vicious. I kinda don't care about any other criticism. 

24 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

In all honesty, I bet they're recording, but have no real intentions of releasing it. Maybe if they feel they really hit on something good, then yes, but honestly my breath is not held. 

My only real wish for Axl is to get that voice back in shape, sounding loud & vicious. I kinda don't care about any other criticism. 

At this point, if anything, I'd imagine they are putting the finishing touches on Oh My God and Silkworms before the new album will be ready.

It will also take them some time to pull Bumble's parts from some of the mixes in favor of Bucket's older takes, and include Slash on some of those as well.

• Haha 4

Eye On You and State Of Grace are in the final mixing stages, then they will be off to Bob for mastering.

Nothing is also being polished, and currently considered to be the lead single on the new album.

3 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

We're gluten for punishment though. The band most famous for the long delayed CD and now fans are falling for it again. Once bitten twice shy... 

but we are all gluten intolerant 

• Haha 1

I am going to go back and read this thread in full, but I wanted to comment on the hypothetical "peace of mind" vs. "anxiety releasing new material."

What anxiety at this point? No one can say what they said of Chinese Democracy, which was the bunk notion that "it's not good without Slash." Slash will be on the record. Duff will be on the record. If anything, the criticism of Axl is much greater for his complete inability to release but one record since the salad days.

No one is expecting something that matches Appetite. Not anymore. Those days are gone. Fans -- and not even all GNR fans -- would just love some new material. Axl is my favorite singer. And to quote Chuck Klosterman's Chinese Democracy review, "[Axl] makes the best songs. They sound the way I want songs to sound."

• Like 1
On 4/20/2021 at 7:15 PM, Sweersa said:

At this point, if anything, I'd imagine they are putting the finishing touches on Oh My God and Silkworms before the new album will be ready.

It will also take them some time to pull Bumble's parts from some of the mixes in favor of Bucket's older takes, and include Slash on some of those as well.

Do you reckon Melissa's sub-bass parts will be as good as Pitman's? Or do you think they will just keep the original recordings? 

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Do you reckon Melissa's sub-bass parts will be as good as Pitman's? Or do you think they will just keep the original recordings? 

That's a great question. I have not the slightest idea. I enjoy watching Melissa perform. 

33 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That's a great question. I have not the slightest idea. I enjoy watching Melissa perform. 

Pitman was more adept on the shakers I feel and had a better hat collection. His isolated percussion tracks from Appetite From Democracy DVD are just a treat for any true fan of secondary auxiliary keyboard players on percussion during live shows.

All that I want is Soul Monster with vocals. Why is this so fucking difficult? He mentioned in the 2008 chats: "I think it's our most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward. "

How the fuck can anyone "disagree" if you never release it!?! Are the "others" he mentions the voices in his head?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

All that I want is Soul Monster with vocals. Why is this so fucking difficult? He mentioned in the 2008 chats: "I think it's our most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward. "

How the fuck can anyone "disagree" if you never release it!?! Are the "others" he mentions the voices in his head?

Your signature lines would seem fitting for lyrics in Soul Monster.

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Yeah, I hope @youthinkso was legit and SM is the song he was quoting.

Thanks for the lead! Based on his few, but highly insightful and informative posts, I'd wager he's legit. 

I recall years ago someone on another forum quoted Sorry lyrics and said to remember them for when the album comes out. Pretty cool.

I'm all for the welfare of those with mental health issues, but the guy is the front man/lead singer/songwriter of a band. The purpose of a band is to write music, record music, release music, tour music. 

If you're not capable of doing that, then I think it's time to retire. 

I know it's a hypothetical question, but if there isn't a hypothetical compromise, then call it a day rather than continue to dangle carrots.