Honestly how would a new album even work?

How would a new album even work? CD was already a Frankenstein album (a collage made of diferent musicians recording separately trough the years piecing together different versiojs of songs), with the lineup changes since then an album would be a Frankenstein made of 4 other Frankensteins. I can't see Axl not using all the parts Buckethead, Robin, etc recorded, I'm sure he'd keep at least some of them (and me and others would like to hear them). Would Slash just re-record parts by previous guitarists and add some solos? I'm sure he'd agree to that 'cause it's better than nothing but I don't think he would be too pleased if after all these years his new album with the band he has accomplished more has zero creative input from him other than some solos.

• Like 2

All in all, they have a lot of money from the reunion tour and they are a band, so if they couldn't go into a studio and bust out some recordings of both older CD era ideas or new tracks I would be very concerned lol

It would be weird because either they record the tracks fresh or you have instrumental parts of members that haven't been in GNR for a minimum of 6 years, and a maximum of nearly 20 years.  Which definitely is a great indicator of how much of a clusterfuck GNR as a band has been :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

We don't know how a new album will be like. Hell, we don't even know if there will be a new album at all. But if there's one coming, then I hope there's no Slash covering anybody. He's best in writing his own material. Probably, even without being biased by hearing any prior recordings. And of course I prefer a two-guitar-set, I don’t think I would like a wank-fest where Axl puzzles the songs together with parts of former band mates that are almost 20 years old by know. There're the leaks for that. 

• Like 1

Just now, jekylhyde said:

Ditch everything recorded by the pre-2016 line-up. If it would've been good, it would've been released. No excuses.

Start fresh, write 15 songs, narrow it down to 10, record and release.

Shouldn't be too hard for professional musicians. It wouldn't even cost much, if they'd have the songs written and arranged before going to studio.

But they are creatively bankrupt as a band, so nothing is going to happen. 

This is unfortunately true. Duff, Slash and even Ashba said Axl has all kinds of great material that they have heard, but as time wears on it feels like bullshit. 

• Like 1

I’m hoping they just do a double album, half CD stuff and half slash / duff material. I’d guarantee that anyone who left on bad terms (pitman, bumble) will not be used which could be a reason for the album delays if anyone has tried to stop Axl using material they wrote or played on.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I’m hoping they just do a double album, half CD stuff and half slash / duff material. I’d guarantee that anyone who left on bad terms (pitman, bumble) will not be used which could be a reason for the album delays if anyone has tried to stop Axl using material they wrote or played on.

I think anything that was recorded for Guns is automatically owned by Axl or the label. Bucket was allegedly pissed at not having the material he recorded and Tommy has spoken in the past about unsuccessfully trying to get Going Down back. 

• Like 1

So generally how a new album works is the band input creative ideas and throw a lot of good ideas around, collaboratively working on getting the best out of each other. Some of the best albums have come out of this, some have been born out of conflict or trauma, ie “The Winner Takes It All” by ABBA or “The Downward Spiral” by Nine In.......

oh sorry.....we’re talking about Guns N’ Roses? There’s no new album. The sound is primarily a mix of overdubbed nonsense and ruined songs. There we go.

Whatever Axl intended to be the follow up to Chinese should take up the vast majority of a new record. That’ll have Slash and Duff thrown in there. I’d obviously love a double record but the likelihood of that happening is 0. 

The best Axl could do is to rearrange his own parts IMO, even better write something new. Priority would be to record vocals in his low register that gets highlighted occasionally with his typical high screams like in It's So Easy. Just record something he's able to sing in a live set.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dean said:

I think anything that was recorded for Guns is automatically owned by Axl or the label. Bucket was allegedly pissed at not having the material he recorded and Tommy has spoken in the past about unsuccessfully trying to get Going Down back. 

Sounds about right, but Axl still has to credit them and I just can’t see him wanting to credit people who he no longer likes or wants to work with. Hence why I say anything that had postman’s name on it is probably gone for all eternity.  Which is fine by me lol

1 hour ago, metallex78 said:

You want an album full of Finck and Bucket, when you have the guitar sound of GN’R with Slash, back in the band?

If we ever get an album, the only guitars that will be on there at Slash and Fortus. Slash won’t want to share his guitar parts with people who are no longer there, and no longer members, and rightfully so. 

Yes, guess I’m in the minority here but I personally prefer Bucket, Finck and Stinson to Slash and Duff

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I disagree a lot with people that said that if it was good it would've been released so start fresh because imo Hardschool, Perhaps, Atlas and State of Grace are easily better than some songs that ended on CD (Riad, Scrapped and If the World got nothing on them) and those songs are just the tip of the iceberg. Also they rehearsed Hardschool in 2020 so Axl isn't intending to forget that song in particular.

The ideal would be releasing both CD 2 songs and some newer songs together just like UYI was older than AFD songs and newer ones but I'm doubtful of that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Ditch everything recorded by the pre-2016 line-up. If it would've been good, it would've been released. No excuses.

Start fresh, write 15 songs, narrow it down to 10, record and release.

Shouldn't be too hard for professional musicians. It wouldn't even cost much, if they'd have the songs written and arranged before going to studio.

But they are creatively bankrupt as a band, so nothing is going to happen. 

What does quality of the song have to do with anything when it comes to GNR ? And no it wouldn’t have been released because that’s not this bands style. And excuses are the only thing this band are good at that isn’t live performances which I feel are more or less good.

Normally an band goes into the studio, some members have ideas already and basic song structures. they write together then they record then they release. It's a tried and tested formula that has  been successful for 70 years. Oh wait this is abiut GnR? Then this is too hard to answer.

• Like 1