Honestly how would a new album even work?

22 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

They rehearsed Oh My God for Rock In Rio 2011. But didn't make on the setlist 2011 - 2014. For me a killer track and one of the best songs Post-UYI 

I love OMG as well man! The intro bass riff is cool as fuck and the chorus is heavy as fuck! Always been a fan and would've loved for CD to have been more like it. Alas we got Scraped instead!

12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Did they really? I've heard this before but no-one seems to know anything about it.....

What what what! Slash and Duff jammed OMG?!

Edited by 19AT5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

I love OMG as well man! The intro bass riff is cool as fuck and the chorus is heavy as fuck! Always been a fan and would've loved for CD to have been more like it. Also, we got Scraped instead!

I always thought the intro was a synth/synth bass from Pitman? 

On 4/24/2021 at 9:56 AM, JimiRose said:

Normally an band goes into the studio, some members have ideas already and basic song structures. they write together then they record then they release. It's a tried and tested formula that has  been successful for 70 years. Oh wait this is abiut GnR? Then this is too hard to answer.

EXACTLY!  all the excuses for a band that just doesnt want to write new music.  its as simple as you state. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 6:52 PM, vloors said:

Keep smoking that crack. How many would they sell? 10k records for the CD fanboys and upset everyone else who was waiting for a slash/duff/axl release. Also no touring off that.

Well, if you look the record sales of Slash and Duff lately you`ll see that 10k for them is a big number...

Edited by Beto 22

21 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

write music, release said music.  Its been figured out for years, just ask any other band

Yup, and they're terrible at it. They've also had ample time to do this too imo. It's why I can't really class them as a band. Until new music is released, they aren't a band and if they continue doing NITL with the same tired setlists, they are an irrelevant nostalgia band (in my eyes).

Always hold hope that new music will happen, but it appears increasingly unlikely. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Yup, and they're terrible at it. They've also had ample time to do this too imo. It's why I can't really class them as a band. Until new music is released, they aren't a band and if they continue doing NITL with the same tired setlists, they are an irrelevant nostalgia band (in my eyes).

Always hold hope that new music will happen, but it appears increasingly unlikely. 

Yup, this is fair.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

If they were going to realease music would they not do it before the next tour starts which is soon?  If so not much time unfortunately.

They've been back together for 5 years, had multiple tour legs, and released hee haw! I get your point, however I hold little hope.

I think I'd buy the goddamn CD just for the sake of it, to have it like I have all the rest, to have the booklet, and to support the band TB; then I'd take it out and put it in the CD drive in my laptop, and then I'd listen to it. When I'd come back from the nirvana, I'd grab mp3s from it (or maybe download it, as there are folks more skilled in this, who have better software) and stuff it in every fucking last electronic device I possess, including the microwave and the hair trimmer. 

Plus I'd obviously spam the internet with the joy & bliss. 

So I think that's how the new album would work. 

Cheers. Friday here.