G'n'R guitar gear sell off in London

15 minutes ago, cineater said:

I can't believe he's selling his shit.  Is he dying, quitting touring?

He's a session musician whose primary gig is a band that never records and exclusively tours, and he hasn't worked in over a year. He isn't Axl, Slash, or Duff who has mountains of money to live off of. He's a working musician who hasn't been working. Probably just needs to clear some stuff out to pay bills while he waits for the GNR paychecks to pick back up.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

He's a session musician whose primary gig is a band that never records and exclusively tours, and he hasn't worked in over a year. He isn't Axl, Slash, or Duff who has mountains of money to live off of. He's a working musician who hasn't been working. Probably just needs to clear some stuff out to pay bills while he waits for the GNR paychecks to pick back up.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

He’s probably still doing just fine. Didn’t he recently sell his nyc apt? Everyone thins out the herd once in a while. It takes up a ton of space if you’re not using it. Hilarious that he had a Marshall SL5. If it was under 900, I would have thought about it. A Richard Fortus owned Slash signature AFD amp?  

My guess is he’s looking for something like a burst. That or he can simply put the $ elsewhere and invest it in something better than guitars/gear. 

He’s cashing out at a good time. The market is great for used gear right now 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cineater said:

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

He’s probably still doing just fine. Didn’t he recently sell his nyc apt? Everyone thins out the herd once in a while. It takes up a ton of space if you’re not using it. Hilarious that he had a Marshall SL5. If it was under 900, I would have thought about it. A Richard Fortus owned Slash signature AFD amp?  

My guess is he’s looking for something like a burst. That or he can simply put the $ elsewhere and invest it in something better than guitars/gear. 

He’s cashing out at a good time. The market is great for used gear right now 

He's trying to get some money for a burst (1958-1960 Gibson Les Paul Standard for non-guitarists) and I guess a lot of this stuff he doesn't use much anymore. Regarding the SL5 that was a gift from Slash and includes a handwritten card; he's also selling a custom shop Les Paul that Slash gave him. All the good stuff is sold now though.

I looked through the collection, he is selling a lot less than what he uses. I would bet this is all just gear he doesn't really use this stuff much and would rather have a real burst instead. Most of his Gretsch guitars and modern day Supros and amps are not included in the sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I thought of that SL5, would have been cool but I already have an amp that does the same thing and it is still a lot for a Chinese made 5 watter imo

Yeah, I get that. I usually play with a Rocker 15 through a 1x12 at home. Having something like that would be more of a novelty as Marshalls aren’t generally my preference 

They normally go for 7-800 on the used market and figured there would be a premium on that one, but it did make me think for a second when I saw it 

Edited by guitarpatch

On 4/26/2021 at 1:02 PM, cineater said:

Nah... Probably with the money he made with NITL and his new sponsorships allowed him to get tons of better and more valuable gear and he is selling the normal stuff with better values...

Gilby's Zemaitis if in perfect conditions is a good purchase

Fortus Black Custom Les Paul is good thing for GNR collectors... Toured a lot with that guitar... But loses a lot of price with all the modifications he makes in his Les Pauls

Edited by Beto 22