Predictions For The Next GN'R Show

11 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

At this point... Pretty much, aye! No expectations. Even though Metallica are not the fastest moving band in the world, you know they will record another album or two before they call it. With GNR, that doesn't exist. And they will likely call it before Metallica anyway. Gooooooood times! 

And I'd like to say vote with your wallets and don't go to the shows, but if you don't go, someone else will just take that seat from the casual public

Just now, moreblack said:

And I'd like to say vote with your wallets and don't go to the shows, but if you don't go, someone else will just take that seat from the casual public

No - you're right really. Voting with wallets is the only thing that will change stuff, as a lot of people seem to say on here. That makes more of an impact than anything else really. 

Remember the early 2000s, when each tour, they'd just show up and we'd be like "Oh ok I guess that guy is in the band now"? I would laugh so fucking hard if they sell tix to this tour on the assumption that it's still the reunion lineup but they turn up with a bunch of nobody metal burnouts, Axl, Melissa, and Dizzy, and still just call it GNR like nothing happened.

34 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I’m normally not one of the constantly negative people, but as things progress, it’s really hard sometimes. I wholeheartedly love Axl and the band, but when I look at what’s been happening with the legacy in the last four years or so…
So, predictions for the next show?

Us, here, live phone streaming via FB as usual. 

Show starts. McBob with that thunder voice: “Are you all well? It’s been a fucking long pause! So we’ve got some vaccine for you… from Hollywood!!” etc.

First eye-roll emoji appear. 

Me: Please don’t start with ISE, please don’t start with ISE, god don’t let them start with ISE. 

*That Duff’s bass line starts.*

Me: FUUUUCK! 

Casuals: Wow, Axl sounds well, there’s rasp! 

Me: It almost always is in ISE, apart from certain disasters. Let’s give it a minute. 

Axl seems to be wearing a hat and his usual attire; the video is shitty, though. Later we can also see that Slash has a new t-shirt, Melissa new hair colour, and Richard may be playing a new guitar. 

Brownstone, Chinese, Jungle. 

Casuals: He sounds great! 

Me: You can’t really tell much from these songs, apart from Jungle. Which sounds 17/18-ish, hard to tell from the troublesome broadcast. 

Estranged. 
Casuals: Holy shit, things are happening, they don’t usually play it this early! And Axl sounds amazing! 
Me: Wait for the “When I find out all the reasons” and then mainly for the “'Cause I see the storm getting closer”. 
It comes – full mickey. 
Me: FUUU – wait, what was I expecting anyway? 

YCBM, RQ, the works. 

Various folks: Come on, give us a new song!

SCOM, NR, some solo. 

Casuals, getting nervous: Ok, let’s go at least with some old deep cut maybe? 

Over, encore. 

Folks & casuals: Right, now is the time. At least Hard School. Technically not new but hey, we’ll take anything. 

Patience. 
Us: Ok...

The Seeker or some other already played cover. 
Us: Seriously? 

Ok, it’s now or never! 

Short pause. 

Paradise City. 

Us: FUCK! Seriously? Never, never again, you ridiculous, money-grabbin’ bullshitters, you cu–

----------
(Here my transmission from the future breaks, so dunno what goes on next.) 
(Also, I apologize for that arbitrary and not entirely corresponding use of the term “casuals”. You know what I meant.)

This is probably the most accurate post I've ever seen on this forum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Remember the early 2000s, when each tour, they'd just show up and we'd be like "Oh ok I guess that guy is in the band now"? I would laugh so fucking hard if they sell tix to this tour on the assumption that it's still the reunion lineup but they turn up with a bunch of nobody metal burnouts, Axl, Melissa, and Dizzy, and still just call it GNR like nothing happened.

That would be hilarious! I'd be perfectly fine with it, if Buckethead was back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

This is probably the most accurate post I've ever seen on this forum. 

And then somehow, a day or two after that first show, we'll all convince ourselves that Axl was just knocking off the rust, but they're going to play a few songs from below the alt line on the setlist soon - I mean, why else would they be soundchecking them, right?! - so we'll start show 2 with the same dewy-eyed optimism. And so on for show 3, and 4, and 5, and......

• GNFNR 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:27 PM, Muddy said:

Sadly, slash seems to have lost his chops. His timing , rhythm and feel have taken a major hit and he pretty much noodles random notes in place of the guitar solos . 

Slash hasn't lost anything.. He still plays with his solo band and was phenomenal on New Years Eve with Chad Smith and Post Malone.. There is just no real chemistry with this lineup. They probably just try to make it work with Frank and Fortus to appease Axl and avoid drama..

As for the tour..

Axl will most certainly not be prepared as well as looking and sounding like shit..

It will be the same weak lineup

I think the setlist will be good. I never really had an issue with them anyway They mix it up more than most bands and it looked like the were about to add a few more cool songs before Covid hit.

I also wouldn't be surprised to hear new music..

On 4/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, Tom2112 said:

If Axl is ever going to be motivated again then it's now when he's been forced off the road for the almost 2yrs. Last time he was motivated was 2006 and he got Sebastian Bachs vocal coach to help him get into shape, and he sounded incredible. I very much doubt he's in that mindset. 

IIRC, Baz' vocal coach was initially rushed in to help get Axl's voice back in shape after the first one or two Hammerstein shows. Mr Motivation's pipes had proven to be a tad rusty.

On 4/26/2021 at 3:27 PM, Muddy said:

Sadly, slash seems to have lost his chops. His timing , rhythm and feel have taken a major hit and he pretty much noodles random notes in place of the guitar solos . 

I hate to say it but Guns N’ Roses as a live band are terrible nowadays. That being said it’s still a great time to go see them and hear the hits.

I predict the next tour will be exactly the same as the Not in this lifetime tour. 

On 4/26/2021 at 3:30 PM, Tom2112 said:

I agree he's lost a step on the lead end of things, but I think his rhythm is as good as ever. His leads are pretty consistent too, like his not stumbling over the solos in sweet child, I think he just has some shoddy bends sometimes, plays too long and I hate his CD improv work.

His chops are just fine, I think he's just bored and the shows are too long, that's why he noodles so much. You can tell he's pretty much on autopilot for most of the show hence the sloppy playing.

21 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash hasn't lost anything.. He still plays with his solo band and was phenomenal on New Years Eve with Chad Smith and Post Malone.. There is just no real chemistry with this lineup. They probably just try to make it work with Frank and Fortus to appease Axl and avoid drama..

Exactly, with SMKC he's always on fire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

His chops are just fine, I think he's just bored and the shows are too long, that's why he noodles so much. You can tell he's pretty much on autopilot for most of the show hence the sloppy playing.

Exactly, with SMKC he's always on fire.

I've already had a mammoth debate about Slash's ability this month🤣 So I'll just say this. I don't think he's as slick as he used to be in GNR or with SMKC... but! he's not bad by any means, he's just a little less of what it is that I like when I think of great Slash playing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, denin said:

IIRC, Baz' vocal coach was initially rushed in to help get Axl's voice back in shape after the first one or two Hammerstein shows. Mr Motivation's pipes had proven to be a tad rusty.

Sebastian basically said Axl called him and asked who his coach was, Sebastian gave him a cd of himself singing the warm ups (apparently he still uses that cd to this day), and then Axl decided to go and see the vocal coach. The way Sebastian said it was that it was in preparation for the tour, so I'd say you're right! Hammerstein was May 2006? and the long Euro tour kicked off in June?

16 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Sebastian basically said Axl called him and asked who his coach was, Sebastian gave him a cd of himself singing the warm ups (apparently he still uses that cd to this day), and then Axl decided to go and see the vocal coach. The way Sebastian said it was that it was in preparation for the tour, so I'd say you're right! Hammerstein was May 2006? and the long Euro tour kicked off in June?

Basically, yeah. Four shows in NYC (during which time Ax already lost his voice once, cue the coach), before rolling into a summer tour in Europe. Funny enough, Axl's considerations on his pre-tour fitness at the time had gone into figuring out "how to move to those songs". Read from it what you will, but the idea of Cornrow jumping around in front of a mirror to the beat of Jungle is pretty funny.

All I’m wondering about is what Axl will look and sound like. I’m foolishly hoping he lost some pounds and took some time to fix whatever the hell happened to his voice.

But it’ll probably be memeworthy like yellow raincoat Axl or MGM logo Axl.

At least add some UYI songs to the setlist and drop YCBM and Rocket Queen, those songs have been sounding shit since 2010.