Predictions For The Next GN'R Show

Axl turns 60 in 2022.  so next show will sound the same, end a little earlier and add 5 more Duff songs and a 45 minute rocket queen instrumental section in order to give Axl breaks to eat his applesauce while he yells at an episode of wheel of fortune as well as to allow time for  his "pit crew" change out the orthotic pads in his leprechaun boots  and add neat little skeleton tennis balls to his walker.  

no new music bc there's no way he can remember new lyrics.  lol

On 4/26/2021 at 1:02 PM, RussTCB said:

No need to discuss the set list predictions seeing as we already know what they'll play and the order they'll play it in. I also don't think we need to discuss the possibility of new music because, lol. However, there are other things to discuss about the next show. 

What do you think we happen? 

Will Fortus still be in the band? That seems a little up in the air with all the gear he's selling. 

Will Slash get back to playing his own solos remotely close to how he recorded them? I wonder if he was so burned out by the end of the last run, that he was just playing whatever he wants. 

Will Axl be prepared? Dude never, ever properly prepared for a tour but I'm hoping (like an idiot) that this time is different. 

What else is anyone wondering about? 

Based on the bands recent history, it will surely be wild and unpredictable set list, deep cuts and 3-4 never before heard original songs.

And lots and lots of rasp, obvs.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

If the band was smart they’d probably tune up to standard (it seems like Axl sings HIGHER than he’s supposed to these days for some reason) and/or emphasize more low-register deep cuts. New songs would also be nice, of course, but beggars can’t be choosers. Cutting out a lot of the “fluff” from the two 2020 shows (WYWH, Layla, etc.) and rehearsing songs like PTU and Hardschool was already a step in the right direction, at least.

42 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Call me naive but i think in the Aus shows they will debut Hardschool

They will probably do soundchecks of the song before a couple of shows. Like they did with the deep cuts. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 8:05 AM, Dean said:

I hope you're right, though I'm leaning towards on or around that ginger bastard's 60th. It won't surprise me if they focus on the UYI boxset this year though if that drops, which would be extremely disappointing that yet another reissue takes precedent before a new album.

True but I’d find UYI demos and whatnot far more interesting than AFD.

Just throwing it out there as a suggestion. Since GnR are starting their tour later this year, how about the boys go live on the Howard Stern show, short interview and play live a few songs, classics and maybe a new one,  to get themselves out there a bit. Just like the Foo Fighters did a few months ago. 
Stern is in NY and the boys don’t have to leave the west coast and perform from the new Stern studios in LA. I think by going on there, it would be killer and have millions watching these clips. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaoloLA said:

Just throwing it out there as a suggestion. Since GnR are starting their tour later this year, how about the boys go live on the Howard Stern show, short interview and play live a few songs, classics and maybe a new one,  to get themselves out there a bit. Just like the Foo Fighters did a few months ago. 
Stern is in NY and the boys don’t have to leave the west coast and perform from the new Stern studios in LA. I think by going on there, it would be killer and have millions watching these clips. 

They are not really a band so they don't do this kind of stuff. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They'll probably play Hardschool at the Aus/NZ shows. It will be underwhelming but people will be happy about it for a while. Then, by 2023 when they still haven't released anything, we'll be back to complaints, complaints, complaints.

Yeah, I reckon so. It'll mean the optimists can say the album is imminent again too and the years can roll on happily. 

• Like 1