Current line-up unchanged or AFD reunion with Melissa on vocals?

Melissa led AFD reunion or ever worsening current line-up?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

The deal-breaker would be the following: will Dizzy still be in the band playing bongos, or will he retire and work for Taco Bell? 

How about a compromise - he can deliver the pizza during a 1993 throwback acoustic set.

24 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Mellisa on vocals ? I don’t dislike her as much as some seem to do but even I think that’s a stupid idea. 

It's a fantastic idea.

4 hours ago, axlslash said:

Go full Judas Priest and just hire a guy with less of an ego who sings exactly like 80s Axl. Get drunk during the opening act and you'll never know the difference!

Tim 'Ripper' Owens actually didn't sound hardly anything like Rob Halford, he could just hit the notes. Vocally and stylistically they are worlds apart (but both excellent in their own right).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

I want to see Izzy. Does he get to sing Dust N' Bones and 14 Years also?

this and melissa can assist back up or lead on SCOM/Paradise City

Axl - can do NR, Don't Cry, Brownstone, Estranged, Think About you, Patience, PTU, Out to Get Me and Jungle 

Izzy - 14 Years, Dust N Bones, You ain't the First, Double Talking Jive

Duff - So Fine, New Rose 

Alice Cooper (guest)/Axl - The Garden

This is the most Axl/GNR friendly playlist your gonna see and it's how the loot should be distributed just get any decent drummer other than Frank please, Matt/Steven split duties fine - this is how it should go down 

bye dizzy, frank, robin, DJ and richard 

(consider bringing Pitman back for a Madagascar spot) 

• Like 1

I fucked up and chose option one by mistake.. I thought it was AFD with Melissa. doing whatever she does. Her on vocals fuck that.. I would take option two.. I could care less if this lineup releases any music anyway...

I would take Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven with just about any singer but Melissa over what we have now.. Linda Perry would be fun..

Imagine the new released songs with Melissa.

Hey im mel reese i eat reece pieces because im totally lit and fly like fire. Yo its the girl running the guns with roses, now watch me take selfy poses yeaaaa.

Umm narr i take a hard pass. Rather someone with a passion for rock not someone thats just there purely because she cant be successful with her solo career. If it needs to be a woman joan jet, lita ford or taylor momsen would be better fits.

6 hours ago, vloors said:

Imagine the new released songs with Melissa.

Hey im mel reese i eat reece pieces because im totally lit and fly like fire. Yo its the girl running the guns with roses, now watch me take selfy poses yeaaaa.

Umm narr i take a hard pass. Rather someone with a passion for rock not someone thats just there purely because she cant be successful with her solo career. If it needs to be a woman joan jet, lita ford or taylor momsen would be better fits.

Brody dalle?

On 4/27/2021 at 7:08 AM, James Bond said:

The AFD five is reuniting! But with a catch - Melissa will be taking over as the lead vocalist. Axl is taking Dizzy's place so that the piano songs can still be trickled into the set. For the first time ever, hear Steven back the Illusions material with Slash and Duff. Relive the serious groove and swing of Izzy and Steven on the Appetite material. Hear Axl play the piano on Estranged live.

Or, as the alternative, the current line-up continues as-is. No new music. Axl continues a steady vocal decline. Richard buys a new shirt and no longer gives us any sideboob.

I know my vote.

But I'll miss the sideboob.

No Sideboob?  NO THANKS

42 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

The Illusion of the original line up reunion will make everything come back to 1989 ... Some people really don't learn anything with time...

This reunion shows every single day that is not the case... But people need their dreams...

Great memory for whoever saw them, everyone else has seen raw footage; we can appreciate it as that. I don't need to see them all together, if it ever happened at a random show that Steve and Izzy got up and played a few songs? cool. Leave at that. Axl and Slash being pure crazy back then added to the fire of the band... both of them are completely different and much more chilled now, it couldn't compete with hey day.   

If everybody could be cool and understanding that 30+ yrs have passed then it would be fine to revisit it. Hey maybe it would be good? but historically the reunions have always had a big but attached. The Zeppelin reunion was good but Plant couldn't hit the higher register, Jimmy was sloppier than his hey day etc, etc. That reunion was dreamed of for as long and longer than the AFD5. It was delivered and the nit picking was there and people just started shouting about wanting more.

Now.... IF Axl showed up like he did for the AC/DC run? yeah, that would work and people would shit their pants😄 

• Like 1