06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Are you not aware that they recently added two new songs to the setlist, Absurd and Hard Skool? 

Of course I am! It's progress, (and I do view them as 'new' even though it's a matter of debate) but it really is a tiny step......unless they follow those up with more of course. Here's hoping. 

13 hours ago, lost un the jungle said:

I complained about setlists maby times, but you have to consider (despite of our opinion) that business play a role here too: people who pay a ticket want to listen WTTJ, SCOM, NR and PC at least. Add a couple "take a break songs" like ISE or Brownstone and so the setlist is built up. Also GNR after the 90's didn't do acoustics or any other variant of the songs just for change, so it is what it is.

Yeah that's part of what I meant really- you just HAVE to play those songs, and there you go. There's not much scope after that to change the setlist as much. 

I think setlist complaints are sometimes a bit harsh (there is a bit of change at the moment) but at the same time I can totally appreciate why some people don't want to hear the same songs all the time. 

Personally I'm in the 'variety is the spice of life' camp, so I'm not especially interested in hearing the same songs all the time, whether that's at concerts or at home.....but I do get that people like repetition, nostalgia, familiarity, all that stuff. Different strokes for different folks etc. All opinions are valid! 

• Like 1

This is pointless, the leg has only ONE show until now and the setlist has a 2 deep cuts like rl and yc adf version plus a new acdc cover and two recently added songs like hardschool and absurd, besides all that is like a 2 hrs show with ALL the clasics from each album and even you could say that the band has 3 original members, the only problem here is the axl age n vocal range, besides that is just hietrical criticism

On 6/5/2022 at 4:42 AM, kiwiguns said:

Let's just put things into perspective in relation to what has occurred in the last few years. The band toured successfully the US without a member of the touring party being infected nor the tour being cancelled because of COVID-19. 

To my knowledge, the band members have stayed healthy during the pandemic. 

Now the rest of the world can enjoy the band and so can the fans who plan to attend shows. 

If you take into consideration whats occurred around the world in the last few years through a pandemic, vocals, set lists, pyro or if the tour is a cash grab, doesn't really matter in the grand scale of things.. 

Enjoy what we have, because what the last few years has shown us is, it can all disappear tomorrow. 

Extremely grateful to be able to see the band in New Zealand, with our borders open to the rest of the world again and restrictions being removed that has prevented any large scale events from occurring.. 

Team Brazil secret member, is that you?

On 6/7/2022 at 7:15 AM, Free Bird said:

They could play 25 completely different songs and you would still have people who were complaining about the set list.

At each show there're probably a few 100 people AT THE VERY MOST who know the order of the songs. For thousands of others the setlist is a total surprise and they're just waiting for songs like SCOM, WTTJ and PC

It would be a whole other complaint though, not "this is so boring and predictable" it would be "they should have played X song Instead". And that's never going away... What we have here with your comment is just acceptance and you saying "we'll they can't please us, so why try" personally think that's a bullshit take.

Also when you play repeat shows in countries there is a lot more people that know the general setlist because they've been to the previous show(s). Of course their are nutty fans too, who know the setlist song by song and that's still over the 100 mark.

On 6/6/2022 at 10:51 PM, jamillos said:

That's called having a favourite singer. Nothing wrong with that. Especially if it's an all-life fandom. You don't appraise them just by the latest performance, let alone gig.

It's like "Your wife is your favourite and most beautiful woman in your life? What, are you blind or something?" Yeah.

Nah I love Axls voice but in recent years I don't really like 70% of what he sings. That's just an honest take. Saying he is better than anyone is absolutely crazy!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It would be a whole other complaint though, not "this is so boring and predictable" it would be "they should have played X song Instead". And that's never going away... What we have here with your comment is just acceptance and you saying "we'll they can't please us, so why try" personally think that's a bullshit take.

Also when you play repeat shows in countries there is a lot more people that know the general setlist because they've been to the previous show(s). Of course their are nutty fans too, who know the setlist song by song and that's still over the 100 mark.

Of course it wouldn't be the same complain but complain is complain and my point still stands. I think the people are fucked up because the lack of new music and the shitty management therefore they're complaining about a lot of other things. 

If GNR had a proper management and would release music on a regular basis I don't think the fanbase would complain as much about setlists and other bullshit as they do now.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Nah I love Axls voice but in recent years I don't really like 70% of what he sings. That's just an honest take. Saying he is better than anyone is absolutely crazy!

As a whole, Axl Rose is better than anyone. In (current) reality, he often sucks. :) 

On 6/7/2022 at 6:03 PM, jamillos said:

Nice Boys could definitely serve as an alternation to one of the Crazy/SOYL/RL set. Same level, cool song. 

One of the cool things about going to an Aussie GNR gig is that Rose Tattoo will most likely be an opener, and if Nice Boys is played by GNR later in the night, you are almost guaranteed to have Angry Anderson sing his song alongside Axl.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2022 at 8:16 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Back In Black and Reckless Life... why can't they add songs that Axl will sound good on? :facepalm:

At least Think About You will be interesting.

He can sing Bad Obsession, that song is fun.

He sings it in his "Elton John voice."