06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

6 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

A new song would be dope as hell, but I'm prepared for it to just be another cover.

If it's a new song then it's totally not in the leaks and we all missed it, unless they did a total revamp including the vocal arrangements. But it sounds like something AC/DC to me.

For me the mystery song sounds like Always on the Run last solo. "Ruuuuuuun" and then Slash goes to this regognizable solo of Always on the Run. What do you guys think?

Edit: even the drums match to Always on The Run. Slash played this song live during his last tour with the Conspirators and maybe Axl thought that he would also like to sing it live. Who knows.

Edited by Kelmi

49 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Someone threw around in a discord I’m in it could be Shotgun Blues?

Shotgun Blues even is a different key in the solo!  That one modulates to F during the solo as opposed to the Eb heard in that clip - GNR keep things fairly verbatim to the same key they were written in with original material so I am basing it all off of that for guessing in this instance

Edited by WhazUp

5 minutes ago, slash23579 said:

My guess is heartbreak hotel. It’s the same key and the solo slash does at 1:30 on the sound city recording sounds similar

The Sound City one sounds to be in concert C# recording, this one being in Eb - though that being said it is entirely possible they altered the key on it (Axl has sung it in E before, with Tom Petty back in the day, and it is a cover so they aren't beholden to a certain key like their originals)

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

The Sound City one sounds to be in concert C# recording, this one being in Eb - though that being said it is entirely possible they altered the key on it (Axl has sung it in E before, with Tom Petty back in the day, and it is a cover so they aren't beholden to a certain key like their originals)

while that is true, the rhythms under the solo are completely different, so it's probably a song that no one here can think of

If Axl feels like Back in Black / Reckless Life is on the table, that means he's gotta be highly confident of his current vocal form. Then again, these songs may remain on the alt list forever as usual, but still... it's looking bright. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, jamillos said:

If Axl feels like Back in Black / Reckless Life is on the table, that means he's gotta be highly confident of his current vocal form. Then again, these songs may remain on the alt list forever as usual, but still... it's looking bright. 

He could easily mickey his way through Reckless Life, it's kinda high pitched and sung with a cleanish voice on Lies.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

He could easily mickey his way through Reckless Life, it's kinda high pitched and sung with a cleanish voice on Lies.

That would sound horrible. Anyway, these are the higher rasp positions that he can usually do when in a good form. Kinda like SOYL etc. Here's to hoping. 

4 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

How hot is it down there? Axl is wearing a jacket and a scarf. Fashion > comfort 

apparently its 21 degrees (70 degrees f to our american friends) so it's not exactly cold. but then again Axl does live in southern california, so i guess everywhere is cool to him

• Like 1

Just now, JimiRose said:

apparently its 21 degrees (70 degrees f to our american friends) so it's not exactly cold. but then again Axl does live in southern california, so i guess everywhere is cool to him

Good point.  I’m New York based but in Sardinia now. Same temperature now in the AM as Lisbon and I’m out in shorts and a tank top while everyone else is in long sleeves. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Good point.  I’m New York based but in Sardinia now. Same temperature now in the AM as Lisbon and I’m out in shorts and a tank top while everyone else is in long sleeves. 

yep im in london, when its that temperature here we all get naked and go and sunbathe in local parks

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1