06/11/22 - Solvesborg, SE - Sweden Rock Festival

alfierose

Wow, man. It’s come to the point people miss 2011 Axl? Damn… that should be the bare minimum acceptance. Anything lesser than what we got back then is worse than retirement, IMO (I’m not talking RiR, of course, I’m talking Live at the Forum Axl). 

This just shows how Slash, Duff and the rest of the band doesn’t give a sh1t about the "legacy" or the band and are focused on getting as much money as possible before retirement. ‘Cause going on stage like that is embarassing and kinda disonest with casual fans expecting a GnR-worthy performance, IMO. 

It’s this kind of "could care less" attitude, mixed with the total lack of news that made GnR go from my favorite band to a band I rarely listen to nowadays :(

C’mon, Axl… I know you’re almost 60 but take a break, work on your voice and only resume touring when you can actually sing these songs. ‘Cause right now, you can’t.

Edited by Cosmo
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, axljungle said:

I don’t hear kill it, sounded bad, but I think is the recorded. Not soundes a strong voice at all.

Better than Axl, yes, but not as well as a 90’s Maiden show.

No one is comparing it to a 90s show....

8 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Of course I still play sport, but not at the same level I could at 20, That’s my point. 

So you're comparing an athlete competing at the highest level, and where it's all about results, to something as subjective as art? Millions of people around the world still enjoy what the band does, hence why they're still playing stadiums and arenas, but because you don't think it's good enough anymore they should stop doing it? I see. Maybe don't go see them and let the people who do still enjoy it have their fun?

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Wow, man. It’s come to the point people miss 2011 Axl? Damn… that should be the bare minimum acceptance. Anything lesser than what we got back then is worse than retirement, IMO (I’m not talking RiR, of course, I’m talking Live at the Forum Axl). 

The Shackler's Revenge performance on that show is not bare minimum, he does sing the really low notes live and blasts the chorus full rasp, even the clean voice sounds great.

It's not that i miss 2011 axl, I've always liked how he sounded that year, he sang a lot of the songs clean, but could add rasp when he wanted. I think the reason people don't usually like that year its because the huge difference in relation to 2010.

2 hours ago, xyaxlrosexy said:

I saw a lot GNR gigs. What i can say is that on youtube Videos sound a lot of things bad. But when you see it live, then it sounded perfect to me.

My shows: Pukkelpop 2002, Graspop 2006, Nijmegen 2006 , Amnville 2010, Prag 2010, Lille 2010, Aalborg 2010,  Mallorca 2012, Strasbourg 2012, Mönchengladbach 2012, ACDC Leipzig 2016 with Axl, Hannover 2017, Mannheim 2018, Leipzig 2018

So i give youtube videos not a chance to commit if i does not saw them live . For me this Year it sounded for the first shows better then on the other tours for the first 3-4 gigs. Axl needs 3-4 Concerts to come in. Its almost the same. From schow to show it will be better. iam looking forward to my GNR schows this Year , Groningen and Hannover . Rock on Guys....

Which show is your favorite you've been to?

3 hours ago, batatadoce said:

It's not that i miss 2011 axl, I've always liked how he sounded that year, he sang a lot of the songs clean, but could add rasp when he wanted. 

Exactly that, and those few shows in Las Vegas 2014 he sounded like that. He sang with a clean voice, but whenever he wanted he could add rasp.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Which show is your favorite you've been to?

Hannover 2017 (2,5 hour Break with Thunderstorm and Angus on Stage )and the first show Pukkelpop 2002, cause it was my first GNR Show, an i will never forget this one. Axl Mickey Voice was there the highest on my Concerts, but that was also really good.

SORRY for my Bad English, I am a German Guy ;-)

• Like 2

On 6/13/2022 at 2:57 AM, kiwiguns said:

Did it ever occur to you, that to there ears there is nothing wrong with what they are hearing, you know those musically tuned ears of a musician. Maybe take a step back and see it from another perspective.. 

Justin Hawkins as a fellow musician and admire voiced his opinion and summarised things perfectly..Case solved.. 

Does every post you make defend Axl at all costs and he is Jesus "can do no wrong" levels righteous, or just the posts I see?

On 6/14/2022 at 2:40 PM, 6lake sa66ath said:

Depends what review you’re referring to and you mean 2018 right?

I was there for the Donington show and bought the Kerrang with them on the front which proclaimed it as “The best ever?”.

I know that enthusiasm wasn’t shared by a majority that were actually there, but there you go…

I would have given it 6/10, I distinctly remember being let down by how Axl sounded compared with 2017 in London and thinking he sounded like Cartman from South Park on Chinese Denocracy!

Yes, the one from 2018. Sorry for not mentioning it.

I have only see the NITL Selects video and it wasn't good.

I know it's not the same as of being there but... Anyway. I hope you 'll have a great time.

On 6/14/2022 at 9:42 PM, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Alice has always had the same singing style. Never a screamer. Everyone also seems to forget Axl smoked for decades, which made his voice sound raspier over the years. Don’t think I’ve seen him without a cigarette since the late 90’s which is when his voice started to change into what it’s become now. 

Axl is still singing in key, just not with the same style he’s known for.  

the rasp voice isn't from smoking. It's a singing technic and even a talk technic. I can sing with rasp in barritone and i never smoked. Sadly this technic can damaged your voice.